Kawhi vs LeBron

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Re: Kawhi vs LeBron 

Post#161 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:04 pm

GusFring wrote:if kahwai was beating a healthy warriors team it'd be much more impressive, sorry

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,461

Post#162 » by 1993Playoffs » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:06 pm

LMAO @ this thread
Fadeaway_Jumper
Rookie
And1: 2,752

Post#163 » by Fadeaway_Jumper » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:11 pm

Lebron played with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love two team USA players.

Kawhi is getting it done with Kyle Lowry and Pascal Siakiam as his number 2 and 3. How on earth does Kawhi have more help.

Lebron fans have gone mod haha
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#164 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:20 pm

TheNG wrote:So let me understand...
LeBron needed to build a superteam in Miami to win a championship and then needed to build a superteam in Cleveland to win a championship, while Kawhi can just win a championship in any team you put him in?
And some people still think LeBron is better than Kawhi? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Lol at this comment...Put Kawhi on any team? Are you really serious with that one? He's played for arguably the GOAT head coach along with one of the best teams in the spurs. He left them to join a team that won 58 games with him missing 1/3 of the season. Stop acting as if Kawhi is leading boobie gibson and carlos boozer out there. He's played for elite level teams. And i honestly see this as an insult to Toronto. They have a fantastic team arguably the best one in the league right now for you to act as if he's playing on a scrub level team and just by some form of magic he makes them 10x better is not at all true. That team is elite at all levels with Kawhi being the tip of the spear.

Some of these topics man SMH...So i cant have a thread praising the true Goat Caruso but this and1 addicted fella gets to put more fuel in the fire with another pointless topic. Dude must have nightmares about Lebron or something.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#165 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:32 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
LeBron needed to build a superteam in Miami to win a championship and then needed to build a superteam in Cleveland to win a championship, while Kawhi can just win a championship in any team you put him in?
And some people still think LeBron is better than Kawhi? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Lol at this comment...Put Kawhi on any team? Are you really serious with that one? He's played for arguably the GOAT head coach along with one of the best teams in the spurs. He left them to join a team that won 58 games with him missing 1/3 of the season. Stop acting as if Kawhi is leading boobie gibson and carlos boozer out there. He's played for elite level teams. And i honestly see this as an insult to Toronto. They have a fantastic team arguably the best one in the league right now for you to act as if he's playing on a scrub level team and just by some form of magic he makes them 10x better is not at all true. That team is elite at all levels with Kawhi being the tip of the spear.

Some of these topics man SMH...So i cant have a thread praising the true Goat Caruso but this and1 addicted fella gets to put more fuel in the fire with another pointless topic. Dude must have nightmares about Lebron or something.

It's one thing to play good in the regular season and a whole another story to play good in the playoffs. They were a laughing stock in the playoffs prior to Kawhi, that's how Lebron treated them.
strawberryLTR22
Junior
And1: 255

Post#166 » by strawberryLTR22 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:34 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Kawhi isn’t an attention whore that dominates the ball to pad his stats. Kawhi doesn’t try to get his coach fired. Kawhi doesn’t try to trade the entire team for AD. Kawhi doesn’t make faces and point fingers when his teammates make mistakes.

There is a reason why no matter how stacked Lebron’s teams are, his teammates often underperform on the big stage. Lebron sucks up all the oxygen in the room. He is BIGGER than the team. Kawhi just plays to win.

Look at how you Bron stans treat Bosh and Love. Everything is always someone else's fault. How is anyone supposed to develop their game and find a role on the team when Lebron does EVERYTHING.

Basketball is a TEAM SPORT. Lebron is a dictator who never sacrifices anything. Lebron turned 5x All-Star Chris Bosh and 2x All NBA Kevin Love into spot up role players.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#167 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:35 pm

GusFring wrote:if kahwai was beating a healthy warriors team it'd be much more impressive, sorry

Lebron has never done that, he needed Draymond to be suspended. Ya know the same Draymond who is clearly better than the guy who was missing vs Kawhi? (Klay Thompson).
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,813

Post#168 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:38 pm

Kawhi barely accomplished half of what LeBron has. Hell even peak to peak, LeBron beats him by a lot.

This season Kawhi > LeBron though.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach

Post#169 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:39 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:

Lebron has never done that, he needed Draymond to be suspended. Ya know the same Draymond who is clearly better than the guy who was missing vs Kawhi? (Klay Thompson).

Draymond who played 2 more games after that? That Draymond?
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach

Post#170 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:40 pm

strawberryLTR22 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Kawhi isn’t an attention whore that dominates the ball to pad his stats. Kawhi doesn’t try to get his coach fired. Kawhi doesn’t try to trade the entire team for AD. Kawhi doesn’t make faces and point fingers when his teammates make mistakes.

There is a reason why no matter how stacked Lebron’s teams are, his teammates often underperform on the big stage. Lebron sucks up all the oxygen in the room. He is BIGGER than the team. Kawhi just plays to win.

Look at how you Bron stans treat Bosh and Love. Everything is always someone else's fault. How is anyone supposed to develop their game and find a role on the team when Lebron does EVERYTHING.

Basketball is a TEAM SPORT. Lebron is a dictator who never sacrifices anything. Lebron turned 5x All-Star Chris Bosh and 2x All NBA Kevin Love into spot up role players.

Bosh was more than a spot up role player. Idk why this narrative even started. For the record, Coach Spo was the one who moved LeBron and Bosh to the 4 and 5 spot. LeBron didn't "turn" Bosh to be some spot-up shooter... which again Bosh wasn't.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#171 » by LastNameEver » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:44 pm

strawberryLTR22 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Its kind of interesting how Kawhi goes about treating underperforming team mates in comparison to LeBron. (lambasting Chalmers, JR Smith, Kyrie etc.)

LeBron would of have had an aneurysm dealing with some of those Raptor performances. Yet Kawhi showed great patience.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,973

Post#172 » by Capn'O » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:45 pm

robillionaire wrote:
LakersLegacy wrote:LeBron is better than Kawhi.
LeBron has won 3 of the last 7 championships.

that's nice but Kawhi will have won 2 of the last 6, Lebron didn't even win his first ring until he was 27 and Kawhi is about to win his 2nd one at age 27 and one was against prime lebron

And of those years, one he was injured for the playoffs and another he was pretending to be.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#173 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:47 pm

strawberryLTR22 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

you literally made this account just to **** on a player didn't you?
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,184

Post#174 » by Hobo4President » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:50 pm

ThumbsUpBaby wrote:
strawberryLTR22 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Bosh was more than a spot up role player. Idk why this narrative even started. For the record, Coach Spo was the one who moved LeBron and Bosh to the 4 and 5 spot. LeBron didn't "turn" Bosh to be some spot-up shooter... which again Bosh wasn't.

Yeah, Bosh was actually great next to Lebron, people need to stop conflating reduced raw stats to underperforming. You can't have 3 guys on a team averaging 30 points. Love on the other hand is bad, he's a choker. During the regular season he played fine but he really can't keep up in the playoffs, especially against the Warriors.
strawberryLTR22
Junior

Post#175 » by strawberryLTR22 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:52 pm

ThumbsUpBaby wrote:
strawberryLTR22 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Look at how Duncan sacrificed his game to allow Manu and Tony to develop. He didn’t dominate the ball.

It doesn’t matter who Lebron’s teammates are, he puts up the same 27-8-8 every season. No adjustments made. Same Lebron pick and roll or Lebron drive and kick.

Kevin Love and Chris Bosh were severely under utilized with Bron. But then again letting others touch the ball takes away from his meaningless triple doubles.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,317

Post#176 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:55 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:For peaks kawhi is the GOAT SF not LeBron. Kawhi has a washed up offensively marc gasol, Siakam who is pretty much another larry Hughes, Lowry with a broken hand and he's beating historic teams like 76ers bucks warriors. Kawhi is having the goat playoff peak, lebrons only argument is longevity.

Lebron's playoff runs from 2017 and 2018 are better in every single facet.
strawberryLTR22
Junior

Post#177 » by strawberryLTR22 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:02 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:For peaks kawhi is the GOAT SF not LeBron. Kawhi has a washed up offensively marc gasol, Siakam who is pretty much another larry Hughes, Lowry with a broken hand and he's beating historic teams like 76ers bucks warriors. Kawhi is having the goat playoff peak, lebrons only argument is longevity.

Cavs in 2018

1st round - beat a Pacers team no one even expected to make the playoffs. Lebron’s SF matchup was against Bogdan Bogdanovic.

2nd round -beat a Raptors team with “superstar” Demar Derozan. Lebron’s SF matchup was OG Anunoby.

3rd round - beat the Celtics missing Kyrie and Hayward. Lebron’s SF matchup was rookie 19 year old Jayson Tatum.

What exactly is so impressive about this?

God you bron stans are insufferable.
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,184

Post#178 » by Hobo4President » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:08 am

strawberryLTR22 wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Cavs in 2018

1st round - beat a Pacers team no one even expected to make the playoffs. Lebron’s SF matchup was against Bogdan Bogdanovic.

2nd round -beat a Raptors team with “superstar” Demar Derozan. Lebron’s SF matchup was OG Anunoby.

3rd round - beat the Celtics missing Kyrie and Hayward. Lebron’s SF matchup was rookie 19 year old Jayson Tatum.

What exactly is so impressive about this?

God you bron stans are insufferable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Eddy_JukeZ is definitely not a Lebron stan.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#179 » by RCM88x » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:10 am

Gross

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#180 » by LKN » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:10 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:
Woody Allen wrote:
DidUSaySometing wrote:
raptors have more talent than than any of lebron's cavs teams

That's such tired BS. The Raptors just play better as a team. In terms of 'talent' they have been quite comparable. Stop making pathetic excuses for Lebron.

2016 Cavs had less talent? The narrative keeps getting twisted to fit a certain agenda here.

I agree...replace Love and Irving with Siakam and Lowry do the Cavs still win in 2016? My guess is probably not.

Siakam is the best defender.... but Lebron needs a guy like Kyrie WAY more than he needs Lowry (and vice versa IMO. Lowry is a better fit with Kawhi than Kyrie by quite a bit)

Return to The General Board