ImageImageImageImageImage

Sure sounds like KD is leaving

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#741 » by BayArea408415 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 11:42 am

Really curious to see what happens this summer whether KD stays or not. All I know is Draymond is not worth the max and management knows this too. If KD is willing to stay, it’s KD and Klay over Green. No question.
Realfan2019
Freshman
And1: 104

Post#742 » by Realfan2019 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:05 pm

Glad that people are seeing the light in these finals after to his credit all the improvements he has made to his game, losing 35 lb, looking quicker and playing his best bball ever coming into the finals. That is all great, but he is still just a great ROLE player who is super reliant on the games of the 2 best shooters of all time in the backcourt. Defenders are terrified of the splashbros on the transition sticking trying to run them of the 3pt line so Draymond with his awkward ball handling dribbles his was through the Red Sea untouched for easy layups a number of times as if he is the one pushing the play and creating. He is still averaging a triple double in this series but it is making no impact whatsoever. He would just be a great role player on another team and not this all star and possibly a future hall of fame if he stays here most of his career next to Steph and Klay. Can’t have role players making 188 mill over 5 years no matter what intangibles they bring. If he is smart and wants to continue with making his legacy he should not expect a max. 4-5 year 25 mill per is fair. 4 years 100mill would be excellent. He gets paid and he has a shot at winning more chips and ending up in the hall. In that case, even if KD leaves this team is coming out of the west regardless in the coming years, and the bench can be much improved. It would be fun times ahead.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#743 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:55 pm

BayArea408415 wrote:Really curious to see what happens this summer whether KD stays or not. All I know is Draymond is not worth the max and management knows this too. If KD is willing to stay, it’s KD and Klay over Green. No question.

And then this team will never contend for a championship again.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Post#744 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:13 pm

Realfan2019 wrote: 4-5 year 25 mill per is fair. 4 years 100mill would be excellent.

The max extension they can offer Green this summer is 4yr/$108M. If offered, I expect him to take it. If he turns it down, he's gambling on being worth more a year from now, either from the Warriors or another team. That seems like a dangerous gamble, and Draymond is a smart guy.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#745 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:20 pm

if we won't pay Dray I promise you the Klutch Sport Lakers will next summer.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#746 » by wco81 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:43 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Realfan2019 wrote: 4-5 year 25 mill per is fair. 4 years 100mill would be excellent.

The max extension they can offer Green this summer is 4yr/$108M. If offered, I expect him to take it. If he turns it down, he's gambling on being worth more a year from now, either from the Warriors or another team. That seems like a dangerous gamble, and Draymond is a smart guy.

Didn't he already say he wasn't going to settle for anything less than the max?
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#747 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:46 pm

wco81 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

"He" didn't say anything directly.

There are reports he doesn't want an extension this offseason because if he makes All NBA or wins DPOY in 2019 he's eligible for even more money after next season and that's his goal, which makes sense. He wants to bet on himself.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Post#748 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:04 pm

wco81 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

That's the max he can get this summer. If he waits a year , assuming he doesn't qualify for a designated veteran contract, his max would be 5yr/$190 (only from the Warriors) but a lot can happen in a year. All he has to do is look at what happened to Cousins. IMO, if he's offered that max extension this summer, he'll take it.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#749 » by BayArea408415 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 9:17 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
BayArea408415 wrote:Really curious to see what happens this summer whether KD stays or not. All I know is Draymond is not worth the max and management knows this too. If KD is willing to stay, it’s KD and Klay over Green. No question.

Could they contend for a championship with Green and no KD with this aging roster and lack of depth? I’d love if the team could keep Green but if they maxed Green, it would be Curry/Klay/Green with a 35-36 year old Iguodala and no depth.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#750 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:03 am

BayArea408415 wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

Could they contend for a championship with Green and no KD with this aging roster and lack of depth? I’d love if the team could keep Green but if they maxed Green, it would be Curry/Klay/Green with a 35-36 year old Iguodala and no depth.

Lacob will pay all 3 KD-Klay-Green and they can still win titles as long as they are healthy come June
wco81
RealGM

Post#751 » by wco81 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:24 am

ABC/ESPN is suggesting Warriors pressures KD to play and now “raw emotions” in the locker room with Kleimann in there and Myers in there too.

Sounding like they’re yelling at Myers?
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#752 » by cpower » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 am

wco81 wrote:ABC/ESPN is suggesting Warriors pressures KD to play and now “raw emotions” in the locker room with Kleimann in there and Myers in there too.

lets be honest, KD is not going to play if he does not feel good. It's more on the medical staffs.
wco81
RealGM

Post#753 » by wco81 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:21 am

Myers was blubbering. Said blame him if they want.

They went through 4 weeks, multiple MRIs and multiple doctor evaluations, was cleared.

Said it is now an Achilles injury. So Warriors may have to pay him $32 million next year not to play, unless some other team will give him a 4-year deal.

If really he didn't want to play, it's only right the Warriors pay him. NBA players on Twitter were praising KD for trying to play to support his "brothers" or Warriors teammates.

Hope that's the way KD look at it, not be bitter about this injury. He just posted on Instagram that he's hurting deep in the soul but said his brothers got the win tonight, Oracle was going to be loud as **** for game 6.

If he never plays again, he's set financially and he'll be a first ballot Hall of Famer, if he cares about such.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#754 » by Impuniti » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:50 am

Feels like he is 99% staying next year, be it a 1 or 4-5 year deal. Esp with his IG post. Really, REALLY hope it's partial and the injury is nowhere near severe and he comes back at 100%, even if it's on another team. No one deserves this, it's sad when it's one of the best in their prime...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#755 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:01 pm

wco81 wrote:ABC/ESPN is suggesting Warriors pressures KD to play and now “raw emotions” in the locker room with Kleimann in there and Myers in there too.

The team had absolutely no leverage to force KD into the court and certainly not in opposition to doctors orders.

When Myers says to blame him he means blame him for not overriding everyone including KD to prioritize the long term over the immediate present. He doesn’t mean the team forced KD to play against medical clearance. He means he should have been the adult in the room to say “KD, we expect to have you back next year and whether you come back or not, it’s not worth it.”

From the first injury it looked exactly like an Achilles injury. They probably downplayed it publicly to keep Toronto off balance for preparation. In all likelihood presented the team and KD with an outlook that was going to require offseason surgery either way, the question being would the injury be exacerbated by playing on it. And it was. There is absolutely zero point zero percent chance that everyone involved in making the medical clearance decision didn’t understand the risks. This isn’t the North Dallas Forty world and it’s most definitely not football. Team pressures aside, no doctor is going to jeopardize their license or the liability of obscuring this kind of risk from a patient.

Playing was important to KD and the team. They chose to take on the risk. He will heal and recover and continue his magnificent career and I seriously doubt KD will ever regret trying to help this team win this finals. He will regret only that he couldn’t help more.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#756 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:46 pm

You mean the same people that said Klay deserved his injury because he (apparently) kicked his leg out trying to draw a foul?

"I don't believe there's anybody to blame. But I understand it's this world, and if you have to, you can blame me." He's talking about crap like this.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#757 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:

The team had absolutely no leverage to force KD into the court and certainly not in opposition to doctors orders.

When Myers says to blame him he means blame him for not overriding everyone including KD to prioritize the long term over the immediate present. He doesn’t mean the team forced KD to play against medical clearance. He means he should have been the adult in the room to say “KD, we expect to have you back next year and whether you come back or not, it’s not worth it.”

From the first injury it looked exactly like an Achilles injury. They probably downplayed it publicly to keep Toronto off balance for preparation. In all likelihood presented the team and KD with an outlook that was going to require offseason surgery either way, the question being would the injury be exacerbated by playing on it. And it was. There is absolutely zero point zero percent chance that everyone involved in making the medical clearance decision didn’t understand the risks. This isn’t the North Dallas Forty world and it’s most definitely not football. Team pressures aside, no doctor is going to jeopardize their license or the liability of obscuring this kind of risk from a patient.

Playing was important to KD and the team. They chose to take on the risk. He will heal and recover and continue his magnificent career and I seriously doubt KD will ever regret trying to help this team win this finals. He will regret only that he couldn’t help more.

Nice post Sleep
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#758 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:

You mean the same people that said Klay deserved his injury because he (apparently) kicked his leg out trying to draw a foul?

"I don't believe there's anybody to blame. But I understand it's this world, and if you have to, you can blame me." He's talking about crap like this.

I think those raw emotions in the locker room we're grown man tears. I don't think anyone was yelling at Myers.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#759 » by pb-ceo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:57 pm

kd has a player option next year right? what if he took the option, then opted out and signed elsewhere? that would be the worst possible outcome I imagine.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#760 » by Dom801e » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:34 pm

I could see a scenario where they bring everyone back next year except Livingston and Jerebko. Possibly adding someone like Gay, Ariza, or Hood with the MLE to start while KD recovers and then move to the bench once he returns.

Maybe draft a pg.

Return to Golden State Warriors