Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:57 am

kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Isn’t it possible that maybe, just maybe, this guy is a really smart guy who interviewed well and is getting rewarded for it? That doesn’t sound too crazy, right?

I hope. Even leaving some of the optics out of it, I feel as if his resume’ is a bit underwhelming for the position comparatively, and it’s a distance away from a Hornacek/Monty Williams that were initially considered. I think the drama around Luke may have shortened the pool unfortunately. You can see why a experienced name might avoid the situation

Absolutely. The Walton thing kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hate that it’s something The team has to deal with. This is probably (very likely) the main problem and why Rana ended up the lead assistant. Still, there’s something to this guy. He seems to have a good resume, even though it does not include NBA or NCAA.

Looking forward to the Walton situation resolving. I was thinking the joint investigation would last a few weeks, but if so, why bring in assistants? Could last longer than anticipated.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#22 » by codydaze » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:06 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
I hope. Even leaving some of the optics out of it, I feel as if his resume’ is a bit underwhelming for the position comparatively, and it’s a distance away from a Hornacek/Monty Williams that were initially considered. I think the drama around Luke may have shortened the pool unfortunately. You can see why a experienced name might avoid the situation

Absolutely. The Walton thing kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hate that it’s something The team has to deal with. This is probably (very likely) the main problem and why Rana ended up the lead assistant. Still, there’s something to this guy. He seems to have a good resume, even though it does not include NBA or NCAA.

Looking forward to the Walton situation resolving. I was thinking the joint investigation would last a few weeks, but if so, why bring in assistants? Could last longer than anticipated.

I thought I remembered someone reporting that it could take months if not a year or two for everything to get resolved. I don't remember who reported it and I can't find the tweet that said that though.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#23 » by blind prophet » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:00 pm

Hopefully they settle outside of court.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#24 » by dckingsfan » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:40 pm

Seems like the Kings are running a lot of second round prospects through their mill. Seems like they will be prepared if nothing else.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 9, 2019 9:11 pm

Kings are definitely diving in. I saw somewhere the count is at 72 prospect workouts and counting
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#26 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:37 pm

Going into this summer I feel a bit better than previous summers that something will get done, given how our young core looked.

two things I don’t want going on this summer though:

1. Acquiring of not much in FA. The last two summers, the middling vet collections of Bjelica/Yogi/Hill/Randolph/Carter etc drew some applause from some, but for me it was a collection of not much. We don’t need big names necessarily, but some young players with some upside through FA/trades will at least be optimism going forward, or very servicable vets.

2. The unfair conference balance continuing with the West getting better. This has been going on for too long. There was nothing positive about Zion/Morant ending up in the West, and I preferably don’t want Kawhi/Davis etc continuing the imbalance
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#27 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Congrats Mr. Fox!

De’Aaron Fox has been invited to join TDe’Aaron Fox has been invited to join Team USA’s Select Team at training camp in Las Vegas this summeream USA’s Select Team at training camp in Las Vegas this summer.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Highly concerned Kawhi goes to Lakers... Although fan pressure will be extremely high, he wants to be in LA, and when the Lakers make that pitch...

The West hopefully doesn’t continue to bury us. It could be plausible we could form a competitive nucleus and still get good draft picks the next few
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#29 » by sacking123 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:19 am

BoogieTime wrote:Highly concerned Kawhi goes to Lakers... Although fan pressure will be extremely high, he wants to be in LA, and when the Lakers make that pitch...

The West hopefully doesn’t continue to bury us. It could be plausible we could form a competitive nucleus and still get good draft picks the next few

Yeah when you think the West can’t get any tougher than it has been over the last few years!
I don’t think there’s much chance of Kawhi not being in LA.
Possibly the only way is for KD to talk him into the Knicks.
That would be the best for the West. The alternative to the Lakers is Kawhi/Jimmy at Clippers which will be a really good team too.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#30 » by City of Trees » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:38 pm

You guys hear Michael Porter Jr. has been ruled out of the Vegas SL with a knee sprain? His family truly struggles staying healthy.

The GB is wild!

Freighttrain wrote:Image
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#31 » by Sacramento_King » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:46 pm

City of Trees wrote:You guys hear Michael Porter Jr. has been ruled out of the Vegas SL with a knee sprain? His family truly struggles staying healthy.

The GB is wild!

Freighttrain wrote:Image

They just seem snake bit. He would be great addition to Nuggets rotation if he could stay healthy.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#32 » by codydaze » Fri Jul 5, 2019 9:45 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Highly concerned Kawhi goes to Lakers... Although fan pressure will be extremely high, he wants to be in LA, and when the Lakers make that pitch...

Honestly, I’d rather Kawhi go to the Lakers than the Clippers. It’s not like they’re really within our window anyway. If he goes to the Clippers then that’s one more team pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#33 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:19 am

codydaze wrote:

Honestly, I’d rather Kawhi go to the Lakers than the Clippers. It’s not like they’re really within our window anyway. If he goes to the Clippers then that’s one more team pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.

I don’t want him him in either. The Lakers window with him and AD is long enough

The West imbalance has gone on for farrrr tooo long, which has been screwing the Kings for many years now, and doesn’t look to stop with the crap that’s went on this summer (though I do appreciate KD heading out a bit, but with an Achilles I can’t call it reciprocal in any way to Kawhi/Zion/Morant if the Kawhi thing happens)
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#34 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:26 am

There goes Kawhi to the Clippers, sigh. Not fair to us
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 149

Post#35 » by Lost in LA » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:43 pm

I think the Clippers are the team to beat now. The Kings' high point is still 2-4 years away at least. The West will be tough but Oklahoma will be weaker as will the Warriors and I would look for 45-48 wins next year as a target
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#36 » by dckingsfan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:20 pm

Yeah, would have been nice for George to stay in OKC and Kawhi to stay in Toronto. But in a way - it doesn't affect us in terms of making the playoffs. But now it will be a bit tougher getting out of the first round.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#37 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:43 pm

This is a win for us...

Lakers
Houston
Denver
Okc
Utah
GS
Portland

Were all locks

It was us fighting with LAC and spurs for playoffs. Now okc moves way down, clippers move up.

So its us vs San antonio for 8th seed barring injuries. I like our chances!
Kings2016
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#38 » by Kings2016 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:36 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:This is a win for us...

Lakers
Houston
Denver
Okc
Utah
GS
Portland

Were all locks

It was us fighting with LAC and spurs for playoffs. Now okc moves way down, clippers move up.

So its us vs San antonio for 8th seed barring injuries. I like our chances!

I don’t know about that for sure.

Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Warriors
Jazz
Trailblazers
Rockets
Are locks in my opinion
Spurs didn’t really do anything in free agency but finished 9 games ahead of the Kings last season. That’s a lot of games that the Kings need to improve.

OKC got way worse
Mavericks - May have improved more than us.
Pelicans to young.
Suns suck
Grizzlies aren’t good.

That being said I don’t believe the Kings really improved enough to improve 9 games in the standings. I think 47-48 wins will be needed again.I just don’t see it with the off season moves. It just my opinion. I hope I’m wrong, right now I give it to the Spurs for the 8 spot.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 519

Post#39 » by madskillz8 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:54 pm

Heard it here first: Lakers are more likely not making playoffs with such a lack of depth.

It will be a blood bath in west, every game matters and not much room for resting Lebron. A single injury to AD or Lebron, as in the case of last season, can keep them away from playoffs again.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#40 » by dckingsfan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:28 pm

I think it is going to take 48 wins again. But - we picked up a legit C rotation. We got deeper and better at SF compared to the start of last year. Fox is going to improve. Bagley is going to make a big jump. Seems tough but doable.

Return to Sacramento Kings