Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II 

Post#1581 » by Paradise » Fri May 3, 2019 11:56 am

KobeBryant24 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
KobeBryant24 wrote:Weed in my veins

Which I guess is still better than alleged rapist.

:lol: boii you know white girl wanted that D

I’d suggest editing that, Harvey Weinstein and head for the hills.

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#1582 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:27 am

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I've been going around in circles on DLo's contract value. Early on, I was estimating 4/$80mil-5/$100mil. More recently, I was thinking 5/$130mil. I'm now wondering if the Nets are pointing to Bledsoe's extension & trying to use that as a benchmark. Right now, I'd put DLo & Bledsoe on about the same, borderline allstar tier. DLo should get more due to the age gap, but how much more? Bledsoe was extended at 4/$70mil. Does that set the market? Probably not, but I'm sure Marks will use that as a starting # in negotiations. That brings me back full circle to a $20mil per average. I think that's fair, but in FA everyone gets overpaid.

I have no issue with 20-22 mil per.

Hmm i wonder if Russell is willing to play ball...

Wonder if we can offer him a $124M over 5 year deal. We can basicly start him at about $17M for 2019, lowering his cap hit by $4M from the hold. This SHOULD be the space we need for a Durant MAX.

Now, to make it worth it for Russell, we would give him an Player/ETO after two years.

Why 2 years? Because that would give him 6 years of eligibility, which means his MAX at that point is 30% (instead of the 25%).

Basically, we can resign him to a fair deal that gives him security while maximizing our cap space to go after a Durant.

And if Russell is really balling, he can ETO in 2021, make up the money he "lost" earlier to sign a larger max deal.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Someone will offer the max, I'd assume. Do you think Brooklyn matches?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1583 » by Prokorov » Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 am

babyjax13 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Wonder if we can offer him a $124M over 5 year deal. We can basicly start him at about $17M for 2019, lowering his cap hit by $4M from the hold. This SHOULD be the space we need for a Durant MAX.

Now, to make it worth it for Russell, we would give him an Player/ETO after two years.

Why 2 years? Because that would give him 6 years of eligibility, which means his MAX at that point is 30% (instead of the 25%).

Basically, we can resign him to a fair deal that gives him security while maximizing our cap space to go after a Durant.

And if Russell is really balling, he can ETO in 2021, make up the money he "lost" earlier to sign a larger max deal.

The nets wont match any offer sheet for Russell.... if Russell signs an offer sheet, it means that they team couldnt reach an agreement and the two decided to part ways. Russell signing an offer sheet would sabotage the nets offseason. The nets benefit greatly by using their cap space on free agents and then signing russell with his bird rights at the end.

Marks will look to agree to terms with russell before free agency starts, and have the deal executed after the nets use their cap space.

my assumption is, marks will agree to give him the full max, or whatever russell will settle for. i dont think that marks would let money get in the way, since they will already be over the cap when they sign him and he is a 23 year old all-star.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#1584 » by TheNetsFan » Thu May 23, 2019 3:55 am

babyjax13 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

100% the Nets match any offer. I don't think it'll get to that point. I assume they'll agree to a number without an offer sheet.

I'm also not fully convinced that Russell will find a max offer sheet. There are not many PG needy teams with max cap space. There's a chance that a team w/ a PG & max space that gets shutout in FA rolls the dice on maxing Russell in the name of talent acquisition, but that's not a guarantee. There are a number of good, starting caliber PGs that will be available in FA. Orlando already took a gamble on Fultz. Phoenix may try to roll with Garland or White.

I've felt for a while that Russell will get a 5 year deal for less than the max, but more total money than the 4 year max. Something like 5/$130-135mil.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1585 » by kamaze » Thu May 23, 2019 3:58 am

Harris signed a team friendly deal so did Dinwiddie. Allen, Kurucs, LeVert all on rookie contracts we'll see what happens.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,866

Post#1586 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 23, 2019 11:21 am

I agree with the line of thinking that if Russell even entertains an offer from another club, discussions between his agent and the Nets have broken down.

The ideal is to have him hold tight while the Nets make necessary roster improvements and then go over the cap to retain him to a number that both sides are happy with.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1587 » by Prokorov » Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:100% the Nets match any offer. I don't think it'll get to that point. I assume they'll agree to a number without an offer sheet.

it wont get to that point... if it did it means 1 of 2 things:

1) They know 2 max stars are coming and need to renounce him
2) they had a falling out, dont think he is worth the max/near max and cant agree to a deal.

That is why i say they wont match ANY offer... because if he signs an offer sheet, it means that something went south and one or both parties decided to move on. I think the nets will be willing to go to the max, and not need Dlo to prove market value to give it to them (and it benefits the nets to sign him and not have him go through RFA... that screws our timeline).

My guess is Russell and Marks sit down and agree to a huge deal that is short of the max.

I'm also not fully convinced that Russell will find a max offer sheet. There are not many PG needy teams with max cap space. There's a chance that a team w/ a PG & max space that gets shutout in FA rolls the dice on maxing Russell in the name of talent acquisition, but that's not a guarantee. There are a number of good, starting caliber PGs that will be available in FA. Orlando already took a gamble on Fultz. Phoenix may try to roll with Garland or White.

I've felt for a while that Russell will get a 5 year deal for less than the max, but more total money than the 4 year max. Something like 5/$130-135mil.

i think he would get the max from multiple teams... there are a ton of teams with cap space and several GMs on the hot seat, they dont care about the long term ramifications, if they get shut out of FA they may be fired sooner the later. you cant just go by value and what makes sense on paper. there are other factors...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1588 » by Prokorov » Thu May 23, 2019 3:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I agree with the line of thinking that if Russell even entertains an offer from another club, discussions between his agent and the Nets have broken down.

The ideal is to have him hold tight while the Nets make necessary roster improvements and then go over the cap to retain him to a number that both sides are happy with.

yup, it is also on marks to now VERY early on if he is going to sign 2 max guys or not.... you can tell Dlo to sit tight if you know you will sign him. cant do that if its 50/50 you may renounce him. thats doing russell dirty... MArks has shown he values trating guys right over team building.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1589 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I agree with the line of thinking that if Russell even entertains an offer from another club, discussions between his agent and the Nets have broken down.

yup, it is also on marks to now VERY early on if he is going to sign 2 max guys or not.... you can tell Dlo to sit tight if you know you will sign him. cant do that if its 50/50 you may renounce him. thats doing russell dirty... MArks has shown he values trating guys right over team building.

I don't see the Nets letting Russell walk, but right now I have no idea what Marks is planning.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#1590 » by DarkXaero » Thu May 23, 2019 8:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I don't see the Nets letting Russell walk, but right now I have no idea what Marks is planning.
I think Marks will try for the big FAs, and if they say that they wanna pair up with another max FA (like KD with Kyrie), then at that point, Marks will probably make the decision to renounce D Lo. What works in our favor is that teams can't officially sign RFAs to offer sheets until July 8th. So even in the worst case scenario, the matching period won't start until the big FAs make their moves. It gives Marks about a week to see which direction to head in.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1591 » by SpeedyG » Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Not that it's a guarantee but Russell still has keys to the practice facility. He was practicing late late night and it was posted on instagram. I feel confident he's coming back.

But man, those chicken legs lol...

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1592 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 24, 2019 6:29 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Not that it's a guarantee but Russell still has keys to the practice facility. He was practicing late late night and it was posted on instagram. I feel confident he's coming back.

why is he afraid of this?

this and some squats would do him wonders.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#1593 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 pm

I know you guys are kinda joking but chicken legs can be partly genetic. I'm sure the team/his trainers have tried to get him to strengthen his legs/core.

So I think he does work on it but the might only get so big :lol:
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1594 » by MGrand15 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:37 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Not that it's a guarantee but Russell still has keys to the practice facility. He was practicing late late night and it was posted on instagram. I feel confident he's coming back.

Dudley's been practicing at the facility too. I don't know if it's common but knowing the Nets, the facility is probably open to players until they're officially gone.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1595 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am

3pt_chucker wrote:I know you guys are kinda joking but chicken legs can be partly genetic. I'm sure the team/his trainers have tried to get him to strengthen his legs/core.

So I think he does work on it but the might only get so big :lol:

true :lol:

he might not be able to put on muscle that easily. when you see him up close live he's actually a pretty big kid but he's slender as hell

kamaze
General Manager

Post#1596 » by kamaze » Mon May 27, 2019 2:08 am

Read on Twitter

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1597 » by shakendfries » Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm

kamaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

you really think d'lo would sign such a document...to go and play for a franchise as horrendous as phoenix? I think he'd probably ask Jared Dudley about that front office first
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Kaiser30
Senior
And1: 172

Post#1598 » by Kaiser30 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Very questionable source, the Suns as of now have no clear way to free up max cap space. I'm not worried about them.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#1599 » by kamaze » Mon May 27, 2019 6:22 pm

shakendfries wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

you really think d'lo would sign such a document...to go and play for a franchise as horrendous as phoenix? I think he'd probably ask Jared Dudley about that front office first

It's all about the dollar dollars.

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1600 » by moonpie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets