ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Predict the Finals

Raps in 4
20%
Raptors in 5
19%
Raptors in 6
15%
Raptors in 7
10%
Warriors in 7
5%
Warriors in 6
18%
Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 4
3%

Total votes: 88

JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Re: Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition 

Post#1701 » by JustCame » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:07 am

Knick4Real wrote:
JustCame wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
You're making guesses about what Kawhi will or won't do using your opinion and not fact.

Also, Kawhi and KD play the same position. So, if KD and AD could work, then Kawhi and AD could work as well.

I don't know if it will happen or not, but I won't be foolish and make these "0% chance" predictions posters are making like they really know what they're talking about.

Kawhi is from LA. Why would he come to NY over LA? People who grow up in the West Coast seldom ever choose the East Coast. It's like Tupac vs. Biggie people. You don't betray your roots.

I also think there's something like an 80-90% chance he stays in TOR if they win.

Again you're stating your own personal OPINIONS and not FACTS.

I"m gonna stop arguing with you because you're missing the point. Is Milwaukee going to max Giannis? Of course they are. That's OPINIONS though not FACTS right?

Kawhi is not coming here, and I'd bet my life on that. So stop with your dumb argument.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#1702 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:08 am

GEOLINK wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a picks

KP wanted out. He was gonna take the QO with us and bounce the next year or worse stay in Latvia.

Yeah neither of those things was ever gonna happen
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#1703 » by Oscirus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:08 am

EricAnderson wrote:
GONYK wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a picks

He was leaving anyway. If he committed, we wouldn't have traded him.

We traded him for pennies on the dollar.

If somebody told you last year where gonna trade KP for basically two mid first round picks you’d laugh at them

How do you know where that unprotected pick is gonna be. All you know it could be top 4 , you saw where 3 of the top 4 picks ranked pre lotto balls. We gave up KP for flexibility, a lotto ticket and a look at another potential player. Couldve been alot worse
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1704 » by GEOLINK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 am

EricAnderson wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

If somebody told you last year where gonna trade KP for basically two mid first round picks you’d laugh at them

Did you forget we cleared THJr's albatross contract in the trade and also moved Lee and Burke while getting DSJr and DJ??

We cleared a contract that should have never been signed in the first place and now we might not doing anything with that extra cap space anyway.

DSJ is blah and if we’re gonna rebuild still what good is DJ?

We don't have to spend a dime this off-season either. No pressure on us.

We can even take back bad contracts for a top 3 pick if we want to. This all doesn't culminate this summer.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1705 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:10 am

Oscirus wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
GONYK wrote:He was leaving anyway. If he committed, we wouldn't have traded him.

How do you know where that unprotected pick is gonna be. All you know it could be top 4 , you saw where 3 of the top 4 picks ranked pre lotto balls. We gave up KP for flexibility, a lotto ticket and a look at another potential player. Couldve been alot worse

Luka is a beast the Mavs arent gonna be awful.

If KP ever lives up to his potential and we get nothing in FA even with that cap relief from THJ then this trede will be awful
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1706 » by GEOLINK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:10 am

EricAnderson wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

KP wanted out. He was gonna take the QO with us and bounce the next year or worse stay in Latvia.

Yeah neither of those things was ever gonna happen

So are you questioning that KP didn't want out?
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,422

Post#1707 » by Knick4Real » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:11 am

JustCame wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
JustCame wrote:
Kawhi is from LA. Why would he come to NY over LA? People who grow up in the West Coast seldom ever choose the East Coast. It's like Tupac vs. Biggie people. You don't betray your roots.

I also think there's something like an 80-90% chance he stays in TOR if they win.

Again you're stating your own personal OPINIONS and not FACTS.

I"m gonna stop arguing with you because you're missing the point. Is Milwaukee going to max Giannis? Of course they are. That's OPINIONS though not FACTS right?

Kawhi is not coming here, and I'd bet my life on that. So stop with your dumb argument.

I'm not missing your point at all, nor am I arguing with you.

You keep stating your OPINION that Kawhi is not coming here -- and you are entitled to that opinion. However, unless you are Kawhi himself, you can't say he is NOT coming here, which is what you keep saying. You can only said you don't THINK he is coming here. There is the difference.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#1708 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 am

Personally I think we have to look at deals like Atlanta just did. take on a contract get some more picks. things just got crazy. Man we were so close to having it all.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1709 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 am

GEOLINK wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Did you forget we cleared THJr's albatross contract in the trade and also moved Lee and Burke while getting DSJr and DJ??

We cleared a contract that should have never been signed in the first place and now we might not doing anything with that extra cap space anyway.

We don't have to spend a dime this off-season either. No pressure on us.

We can even take back bad contracts for a top 3 pick if we want to. This all doesn't culminate this summer.

Nah man the KD thing destroyed us. Chances are slim not only a player like that is available again but that he wants to play for US.

The FA list is not great the following year. To pretend this KD situation isn’t a death blow to us is just being in denial

We were set to get arguably the best player in the league and another star or two. Tell me when we’re ever gonna that opportunity again?
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,422

Post#1710 » by Knick4Real » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:14 am

EricAnderson wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

OK, I agree the THJr contract was awful, but we can't ignore it as if it never happened.

Regardless of how you view the value of the trade, those are pieces of the trade you didn't mention.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#1711 » by Oscirus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 am

EricAnderson wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

If KP ever lives up to his potential and we get nothing in FA even with that cap relief from THJ then this trede will be awful

Who knows what happens two years from now. Thats an unprotected pick and its not like the mavs are guaranteed to make the playoffs
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1712 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:21 am

Knick4Real wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

OK, I agree the THJr contract was awful, but we can't ignore it as if it never happened.

Regardless of how you view the value of the trade, those are pieces of the trade you didn't mention.

I didn’t mention them because there not worth discussing imo
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1713 » by GEOLINK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:24 am

Unlike the Warriors/Spurs we weren't pressuring KP to come back and play injured. He could've just chilled while we tank the season but no, he just had to want out.

With his punkass brother Janis.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1714 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:28 am

Regardless this Durant thing is literally a deathblow to the franchise. Don’t try to spin any positive bs.

We were in position to get arguably the best player in the league and another star or two tell me when is that opportunity ever gonna happen again???

So now we either sign second tier guys and become a treadmill team or keep rebuilding around young players who don’t look anything close to future great players.

Either way we’re fukked
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#1715 » by Context » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 am

Knick4Real wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space.

Gave away a INJURED young player/huge asset WHO DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE AND REFUSED TO RE-SIGN WITH US for a couple of first round picks.

Fixed!
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#1716 » by Context » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 am

EricAnderson wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

GO AWAY! Dont feed this narrative knick fam!
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,285

Post#1717 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 am

EricAnderson wrote:Regardless this Durant thing is literally a deathblow to the franchise. Don’t try to spin any positive bs.

We were in position to get arguably the best player in the league and another star or two tell me when is that opportunity ever gonna happen again???

So now we either sign second tier guys and become a treadmill team or keep rebuilding around young players who don’t look anything close to future great players.

Either way we’re fukked

Could be worse. We could be the Pistons or the Wizards.

That's about the only 2 teams worse than our situation.

Those teams' fans would definitely our roster for their's any day.

We have no choice but to keep gambling on the draft. Eventually you'll draft someone or note. Took the Kings long enough and now they have a good young core.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#1718 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 am

GONYK wrote:

He was leaving anyway. If he committed, we wouldn't have traded him.

I think KP would pick the QO after we striking out in big FA signings. He would not take the Max.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1719 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:38 am

Context wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

GO AWAY! Dont feed this narrative knick fam!

Im looking at it logically not emotionally like you are

We still don’t know how the trades gonna workput to declare it a sucess already is just stupid
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 819

Post#1720 » by Isiahthomass » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 am

EricAnderson wrote:Regardless this Durant thing is literally a deathblow to the franchise. Don’t try to spin any positive bs.

Either way we’re fukked

You must be a new Knick fan? Welcome to the state of the team more or less for the last 18 years!

Return to New York Knicks