ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Predict the Finals

Raps in 4
20%
Raptors in 5
19%
Raptors in 6
15%
Raptors in 7
10%
Warriors in 7
5%
Warriors in 6
18%
Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 4
3%

Total votes: 88

EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Re: Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition 

Post#1721 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:Regardless this Durant thing is literally a deathblow to the franchise. Don’t try to spin any positive bs.

We were in position to get arguably the best player in the league and another star or two tell me when is that opportunity ever gonna happen again???

So now we either sign second tier guys and become a treadmill team or keep rebuilding around young players who don’t look anything close to future great players.

Either way we’re fukked

Could be worse. We could be the Pistons or the Wizards.

That's about the only 2 teams worse than our situation.

Those teams' fans would definitely our roster for their's any day.

We have no choice but to keep gambling on the draft. Eventually you'll draft someone or note. Took the Kings long enough and now they have a good young core.

Point is going from having the best player or two in the league with another star or two to maybe if we get lucky in the draft one of these years we can be ok is a huge huge letdown and crippling to the franchise.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#1722 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am

Mods can u please start a KD injury theard.. I tried you locked me and right now stuck going back and forth between finals and other thread to read comments. lets put it in one place please
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#1723 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am

Isiahthomass wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:Regardless this Durant thing is literally a deathblow to the franchise. Don’t try to spin any positive bs.

We were in position to get arguably the best player in the league and another star or two tell me when is that opportunity ever gonna happen again???

So now we either sign second tier guys and become a treadmill team or keep rebuilding around young players who don’t look anything close to future great players.

Either way we’re fukked

You must be a new Knick fan? Welcome to the state of the team more or less for the last 18 years!

LOl believe me I know and have suffered. But people here saying the Durant thing isn’t a big deal is baffling to me. Do they know how the nba works and what caliber of player you need to win titles?
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,285

Post#1724 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am

EricAnderson wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Either way we’re fukked

Could be worse. We could be the Pistons or the Wizards.

That's about the only 2 teams worse than our situation.

Those teams' fans would definitely our roster for their's any day.

We have no choice but to keep gambling on the draft. Eventually you'll draft someone or note. Took the Kings long enough and now they have a good young core.

Point is going from having the best player or two in the league with another star or two to maybe if we get lucky in the draft one of these years we can be ok is a huge huge letdown and crippling to the franchise.

100% but this franchise has been a huge letdown and failure for 2 decades so miserable failure is not new to them.

You may laugh or roll your eyes but the Dolan negative karma that this franchise has since that fat drunken toad took power is real. Nothing will ever go right for the Knicks as long as that awful wannabe jazz musician owns the team.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
MadMaximum
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1725 » by MadMaximum » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 am

2010 wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
2010 wrote:The medical clearing process by team docs in the NBA is gonna undergo serious reform after this. Especially coming on the heels of a situation like this causing Kawhi to want out of San Antonio and catching some backlash for it.

Kawhi and Unc Dennis are looking revolutionary in game and in player load management and handling medical affairs independent of the team.

Seeing how this happened, I officially don't blame Kawhi Leonard (not that I really did before)

Yup. SAS & Popovich used the same tactics as the Warriors braintrust. Media pressure, mislabeling a serious injury with passive diagnosis, and using teammates and media coverage to put a players toughness and/or commitment to the team in question. Really dirty.

This is fabrication. Pop wanted to shut Kawhi down for the entire year. Kawhi's uncle kept refusing, saying he'll be back to play in a week. Two weeks. A Month. Why? Kawhi had a Nike shoe deal that needed to be renewed and players that miss an entire season worth of basketball don't really receive favorable endorsement deals. He played two weeks worth of games - these games coincided with the Nike negotiations for a new contract. When Nike told them they wouldn't give them anything more than 20 mil, Uncle Dennis walked and promptly shut Kawhi down for the season.

Spurs have always been risk-averse with their players. When prime Duncan received an injury at the tail end of the 2000 season, they shut him down for the entire playoffs despite doctors clearing him to play. They opted to play it safe instead of defending their title. When Robinson hurt his back in 1997, they shut him down for the entire season despite being cleared to play in February. Pop invented the whole resting players gimmick in order to protect their longevity. He even got fined by the NBA for resting his players on nationally televised games. Everybody in the media criticized him for resting his guys too much and now they want to present a false narrative about him being a Thibodeau type slave driver. Make up your minds.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#1726 » by Context » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:46 am

EricAnderson wrote:
Context wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

Luka is a beast the Mavs arent gonna be awful.

If KP ever lives up to his potential and we get nothing in FA even with that cap relief from THJ then this trede will be awful

GO AWAY! Dont feed this narrative knick fam!

Im looking at it logically not emotionally like you are

We still don’t know how the trades gonna workput to declare it a sucess already is just stupid

oh thats what you are doing?
Emotional :lol: OK... It's been explained a million times Yet, fans like you cant comprehend what was explained to you.
Since you're a logical person- then stop the trolling! Because any logical person would understand that of the 30 teams
most of them didnt even have the means or resources to complete the trade that the Mavericks completed for KP. But honestly
I wont waste my energy because no matter what is said to you - you will remain unchanged in your incorrect view...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 819

Post#1727 » by Isiahthomass » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am

EricAnderson wrote:
Isiahthomass wrote:

Either way we’re fukked

You must be a new Knick fan? Welcome to the state of the team more or less for the last 18 years!

LOl believe me I know and have suffered. But people here saying the Durant thing isn’t a big deal is baffling to me. Do they know how the nba works and what caliber of player you need to win titles?

Well, we were all hyped, but the reality is he was never really here to begin with. Can only really deal in the present you know?

I feel sh*tty for KD, and yes, it sucks that him coming to the Knicks and us being a decent playoff team next year is probably DOA, but we still have cap space, still have draft picks, still have young guys. I'd rather be in this spot now, then having him come here, tear his achilles, and be stuck with his contract for 4 years.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#1728 » by 2010 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:53 am

MadMaximum wrote:
2010 wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Seeing how this happened, I officially don't blame Kawhi Leonard (not that I really did before)

Yup. SAS & Popovich used the same tactics as the Warriors braintrust. Media pressure, mislabeling a serious injury with passive diagnosis, and using teammates and media coverage to put a players toughness and/or commitment to the team in question. Really dirty.

This is fabrication. Pop wanted to shut Kawhi down for the entire year. Kawhi's uncle kept refusing, saying he'll be back to play in a week. Two weeks. A Month. Why? Kawhi had a Nike shoe deal that needed to be renewed and players that miss an entire season worth of basketball don't really receive favorable endorsement deals. He played two weeks worth of games - these games coincided with the Nike negotiations for a new contract. When Nike told them they wouldn't give them anything more than 20 mil, Uncle Dennis walked and promptly shut Kawhi down for the season.

Spurs have always been risk-averse with their players. When prime Duncan received an injury at the tail end of the 2000 season, they shut him down for the entire playoffs despite doctors clearing him to play. They opted to play it safe instead of defending their title. When Robinson hurt his back in 1997, they shut him down for the entire season despite being cleared to play in February. Pop invented the whole resting players gimmick in order to protect their longevity. He even got fined by the NBA for resting his players on nationally televised games. Everybody in the media criticized him for resting his guys too much and now they want to present a false narrative about him being a Thibodeau type slave driver. Make up your minds.

There are two sides to every story. Clearly we're on separate sides. You can't deny the Spurs attempts to pressure Kawhi to play. Vets were even prodded to goad Kawhi into coming back. Which is why Parker questioned Kawhi's toughness. Privately and publicly.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#1729 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:59 am

EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a picks

We can take some solace in knowing the organization at least put themselves in a good position after screwing things up royally. They tanked while playing the kids (at least some of them) & got space for two top tier guys. Who knows? Maybe they’ll finally (FINALLY) use cap space to gain assets / prospects.

Maybe we won’t get the results we all hoped (idc what anyone says, you’re going to be hyped if we land two top tier FAs) this year, but this gives me some hope that they can again put themselves in a good position to strike.

Maybe that time, things do fall into place.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,843

Post#1730 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:00 am

Read on Twitter
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#1731 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 am

I don't think you all understand the severity of what happened tonight. Firstly for KD. and then for our franchise. This is possibly the worst thing to happen in the history of the franchise. The best player in the world was going to join the Knicks and bring a second star with him. Next we were going to try our best to trade for AD. We were going to have a big 3 ready to win many championships. that all ended the minute Durant went down.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,285

Post#1732 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:05 am

bleedblue3303 wrote:I don't think you all understand the severity of what happened tonight. Firstly for KD. and then for our franchise. This is possibly the worst thing to happen in the history of the franchise. The best player in the world was going to join the Knicks and bring a second star with him. Next we were going to try our best to trade for AD. We were going to have a big 3 ready to win many championships. that all ended the minute Durant went down.

The worst thing to happen in the history of the franchise is James Dolan's ownership.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
syrus3
Pro Prospect
And1: 910

Post#1733 » by syrus3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 am

What will it take for the Knicks to finally get lucky? :(
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,868

Post#1734 » by Guano » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:07 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#1735 » by Oscirus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:08 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:I don't think you all understand the severity of what happened tonight. Firstly for KD. and then for our franchise. This is possibly the worst thing to happen in the history of the franchise. The best player in the world was going to join the Knicks and bring a second star with him. Next we were going to try our best to trade for AD. We were going to have a big 3 ready to win many championships. that all ended the minute Durant went down.

The worst thing to happen in the history of the franchise is James Dolan's ownership.

Yea this aint even top 5. Its not like Durant was guaranteed to come here
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#1736 » by Garbagelo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:10 am

I see quite a few (new) weak chins in here
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#1737 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:10 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:

I have to be honest I'm getting tired of everyone always blaming Dolan. The man has had nothing to do with the organization for quite a while. The world begged him to hire Donnie Walsh. Donnie screwed up the Lebron James Free agency which was basically his sole purpose to exist. The world begged him to hire Phil Jackson. he did and took a step back. People than begged him to fire the man. he did. Now with Perry and Mills in Front office and Fizsdale as coach we seems to be building something. He hasn't interfered.

Dolan has not been a great owner. But he was willing to take chances and throw money at building a winner. Now he is still willing to do both and leave it in the hands of competent basketball people.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#1738 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 am

Oscirus wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Yea this aint even top 5. Its not like Durant was guaranteed to come here

He was coming! It was the worst kept secret in the NBA. What are you talking aobut.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,052

Post#1739 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brooklyn can have him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#1740 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 am

dp

Return to New York Knicks