ImageImage

Trade like there is a tomorrow

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#1 » by tv24lakers » Wed Jun 5, 2019 5:38 pm

Indulge me for a moment; I recognize that the following trade scenario errs on the side of absurdity, but I would appreciate your thoughts none the less.

Stemming from these beliefs.
• Lakers have a win-now mindset.
• Wizards would cherish the opportunity to unload John Wall, given his physical and prolonged carrying cost
• Rockets are looking to shed deep salaries to begin the re-building process.

Wizards
Trade: John Wall ($38m), Bobby Portis ($3m), along with a future first round draft pick (Ranking stipulations, such as top 3 protected, open to negotiation)
Receive: Lonzo Ball ($8m), Clint Capela ($17m) and low stake salary fillers
Benefit(s): Wizards unload Wall’s hefty contract for a promising young PG to pair with Bradley Beal and Capela

Houston
Trade: Chris Paul ($38m), Clint Capela ($17m), Eric Gordan ($14m)
Receive: Wall, Ingram, the Wizards pick
Benefit(s): Rockets unload Paul and Capela's extended salaries in return for Wall, Ingram and draft picks

Lakers
Trade: Ball, Ingram
Receive: Chris Paul, Eric Gordan, and Bobby Portis
Benefit(s): Lakers while resigning on young talent has effectively assembled a well-rounded team to contend in the West, while holding onto their #4.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Re: Trade like there is a tomorrow 

Post#2 » by texasholdem » Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:26 pm

For the rockets it is basically capela and Gordon for Ingram and a future pick. I say yes.
Would harden want to play with the guy who sucker punched him?
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#3 » by YoungMoney23 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:11 am

Stupid deal, Wall doesn't fit our style of play. Ingram had a Chris Bosh type of illness, we don't even know if hes going to play again
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#4 » by tv24lakers » Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:46 am

YoungMoney23 wrote:Stupid deal, Wall doesn't fit our style of play. Ingram had a Chris Bosh type of illness, we don't even know if hes going to play again

Given the fact the team is looking to rebuild, I suspect there should be a willingness to adapt styles. Not to say that the guys you bring in cannot learn and adapt to meet the expectations.

Ingram had a blood clot removed, it’s not the same as Chris Bosh’s situation. He’s expected to return the start of next season. Feel free to google it if you have any doubt.
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#5 » by YoungMoney23 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 3:52 pm

tv24lakers wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:Stupid deal, Wall doesn't fit our style of play. Ingram had a Chris Bosh type of illness, we don't even know if hes going to play again

Given the fact the team is looking to rebuild, I suspect there should be a willingness to adapt styles. Not to say that the guys you bring in cannot learn and adapt to meet the expectations.

Ingram had a blood clot removed, it’s not the same as Chris Bosh’s situation. He’s expected to return the start of next season. Feel free to google it if you have any doubt.

Who said anything about a rebuild? Morey is looking to make a splash in free agency or more likely the trade market. Don't be surprised if Morey finds a buyer for Chris Paul or Clint Capella. He's swindled teams before just like the Harden trade.
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#6 » by TMU » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:47 am

This trade is incredibly lopsided in favor of the Lakers. There's no way the Rockets would give up 3 key players for John Wall and a battered good in Ingram.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#7 » by red96 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:45 pm

Wall's situation is worse than Paul's. Capela and Gordon for the overhyped question mark that is Ingram, and a late lottery pick? Who said the Rockets are re-buliding?

One of the worst trades I've seen this year. Congrats!!!
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#8 » by BallerTalk » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:18 pm

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
yungmasaiah
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#9 » by yungmasaiah » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 am

Capela and Gordon for Marc Gasol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by red96 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:18 am

yungmasaiah wrote:Capela and Gordon for Marc Gasol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You guys see!?!? They are coming outta the woodwork.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#11 » by Slim Charless » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 am

Suns fan here. How about Capella for Bridges who was a top 8 pick last year, next years MIL 1st rd pick which PHX owns, and PHX's own 2nd pick this year which is the first or second one in that round?

You clear salary and find a Gordan replacement in Bridges along with grabbing some cheap talent with the picks....
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#12 » by texasholdem » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:18 am

Slim Charless wrote:Suns fan here. How about Capella for Bridges who was a top 8 pick last year, next years MIL 1st rd pick which PHX owns, and PHX's own 2nd pick this year which is the first or second one in that round?

You clear salary and find a Gordan replacement in Bridges along with grabbing some cheap talent with the picks....

Are you trying to go twin towers with capela and ayton?
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#13 » by Slim Charless » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:24 am

texasholdem wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Suns fan here. How about Capella for Bridges who was a top 8 pick last year, next years MIL 1st rd pick which PHX owns, and PHX's own 2nd pick this year which is the first or second one in that round?

Thats exactly what i want. I think that those two can shut it down defensively allowing Booker to light the league up. Plus we have other scores that can make up for Capella's lack of it.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,548

Post#14 » by ken6199 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:49 am

Y'all give up on Capella too soon. Remember he was awesome against most of the other 29 teams. He hangs with the DPOY, and abused the all NBA 1st team center. Not just overplayed him, but abused him.

He is a 25yo athletic big man with excellent hands and decent mobility who is on a friendly contract with cap increasing the next 4 years. It will be not easy to find a deal that gives us an equal return.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#15 » by TMU » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 pm

ken6199 wrote:Y'all give up on Capella too soon. Remember he was awesome against most of the other 29 teams. He hangs with the DPOY, and abused the all NBA 1st team center. Not just overplayed him, but abused him.

He is a 25yo athletic big man with excellent hands and decent mobility who is on a friendly contract with cap increasing the next 4 years. It will be not easy to find a deal that gives us an equal return.

Yeah, he literally had 1 terrible series against Green and the Warriors. I think his value is still pretty high and the Rockets shouldn't accept any lesser package.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,548

Post#16 » by ken6199 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 pm

TMU wrote:
ken6199 wrote:Y'all give up on Capella too soon. Remember he was awesome against most of the other 29 teams. He hangs with the DPOY, and abused the all NBA 1st team center. Not just overplayed him, but abused him.

Yeah, he literally had 1 terrible series against Green and the Warriors. I think his value is still pretty high and the Rockets shouldn't accept any lesser package.

If we look at this warriors dynasty, Klay signed 17m per, Green 17m per, both guys signed that contract during their primes. Not saying Capela is going to develop into a Draymond type (how close to him, I don't know), but considering the age, durability etc. it's at least won't be a poisonous deal like Paul's. If we can deal him for some asset that fit our style to break out of the West better, yeah sure, but not for the sake of getting rid of him just because he had a bad series against a GOAT team.

I remember even last year WCF, Capela was huge for us. He got switched to the perimeter and he stayed in front of Curry most of the time. Warriors is one of the very few teams who can stay awesome while going ultra small, most top teams in West still have traditional centers down low like Gobert, Nurkic, Towns, Jokic, AD and Capela is not afraid of any one of them. We should really have some faith on our own rim protector.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by red96 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:40 am

Slim Charless wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

Thats exactly what i want. I think that those two can shut it down defensively allowing Booker to light the league up. Plus we have other scores that can make up for Capella's lack of it.
Capela isn't a "postgawd" but he gives Houston 16ppg. Dont let a false narrative blind you to reality. He isnt Ben Wallace scoring the ball.
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#18 » by Slim Charless » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:50 am

red96 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

Capela isn't a "postgawd" but he gives Houston 16ppg. Dont let a false narrative blind you to reality. He isnt Ben Wallace scoring the ball.

Honestly doesnt matter. He can score some but i think the suns can get 70 from the Booker, Ayton and Warren combo so I'm down with w/e can give us on that end. Hopefully the suns FO feels the same way.

Return to Houston Rockets