ImageImageImageImage

D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Re: D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related 

Post#121 » by OrlandoNed » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:22 pm

drsd wrote:
Skin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:And the chances of both happening?

Or even minus-one.

Russell as a Magician is unlikely. Fultz health seems questionable given that Orlando is rumored for various PGs. For Russell to come to Orlando and Fultz to emerge as a starting quality level PG would mean that the Magic front office miss-read both. That is not plausible. If Russell is a Magician next year, it means that Fultz is not healthy, and never will be.

Getting Russell and Fultz emerging is a bad thing?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#122 » by Skin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Side note: Remember when D'Lo was developing and people used to give him such a hard time?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#123 » by drsd » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:51 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:Getting Russell and Fultz emerging is a bad thing?

Of course not.

But if the Magic makes a run at a Russell-type player, then this means that Fultz is accepted to not emerge as a healthy player. Management would not risk putting assets in to two PGs under these scenarios.

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#124 » by MagicMatic » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Skin wrote:D-Lo is a nice target, but it's more realistic that Fultz returns to 100% health than D-Lo signing here.

I’m not banking on either situation as likely happening. It’s interesting to me though that people can talk themselves out of actually solving a lot of the roster issues and would rather double down on a system that has only mildly been successful.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#125 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:59 pm

drsd wrote:

Of course not.

But if the Magic makes a run at a Russell-type player, then this means that Fultz is accepted to not emerge as a healthy player. Management would not risk putting assets in to two PGs under these scenarios.

Honestly wouldn’t be end of the world. Magic would likely have clears solid cap something like 30M worth. Would be exciting to see who they could bring in instead of the same hennybuilt crap
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#126 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:00 pm

drsd wrote:

Of course not.

I personally won't see it like that.... even though i totally understand why one would. BUT.... they both have the size and length to be our back court of the future... both being around 6'5" and having 6'10" wingspan. They could be a scary combination... possibly even eclipsing portlands "pg" duo at some point.

I would be getting him with the intention that both would be part of our future. I know we have been left in the dark with fultz... but it believe it has been intentional and that is fine. No news doesn't mean everything is falling apart. They said explicitly from the beginning... "This is how we will handle it all"... so imma believe em until otherwise. I don't know what's going on behind the curtain... but we will see shortly. :-)
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#127 » by Bakomagic » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:04 pm

drsd wrote:

Of course not.

I don’t think it definitively means that. They are both around 6ft 4 or 5 and have close to 6ft 10 wingspans so they can easily play the 2 spot plus Russel can shoot so he can play some off ball, hopefully Fultz regains his shooting but even if he doesn’t it can work.

Plus we currently have Bamba and Vuc and they both only play the 5 spot so we will eventually have to move off one of them. So we are really not risking much unless you count Simmons and that pick used to acquire Fultz.

They are both Combo guards who are able to play 1 and 2 spots. We need to have more than Scorer/playmaker, hell seems like you need at least three to contend.

I don’t see the problem.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#128 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:31 am

drsd wrote:
Skin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:And the chances of both happening?

Or even minus-one.

Russell as a Magician is unlikely. Fultz health seems questionable given that Orlando is rumored for various PGs. For Russell to come to Orlando and Fultz to emerge as a starting quality level PG would mean that the Magic front office miss-read both. That is not plausible. If Russell is a Magician next year, it means that Fultz is not healthy, and never will be.

I beginning to agree with this line of thinking.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#129 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:34 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
drsd wrote:
Skin wrote:0

Or even minus-one.

That's like saying if we re-sign Vuc, it means Bamba will never be healthy.

Whilst it 'could' reflect Fultz being a failed gamble, chances are that it would indicate that WeHam don't see a conflict between D'Lo and Fultz sharing the court together. Lillard and CJ are strong examples of that working.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#130 » by KillMonger » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:41 am

okay.....very unfortunate with what happened to Durant.....will definitely cause ripple effects.....pretty much kills kyrie to brooklyn imo, don't know if he'll still go there by himself and even if he does though Durant aint going with him so i guess that means no D-lo to Orlando
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#131 » by shadrock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 am

drsd wrote:

Of course not.

The two things have nothing to do with one another.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#132 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 am

shadrock wrote:
drsd wrote:

Of course not.

Of course they have, becouse we have a salary cap. Weltman didnt trade for Fultz thinking he will never play again. Now he has much more information, which he doesnt disclosed. I dont think Dlo is a great fit next to Fultz.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#133 » by fendilim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:37 am

Solid Snake wrote:okay.....very unfortunate with what happened to Durant.....will definitely cause ripple effects.....pretty much kills kyrie to brooklyn imo, don't know if he'll still go there by himself and even if he does though Durant aint going with him so i guess that means no D-lo to Orlando

I don't know man.

If the Warriors are planning to bring back the superteam next year, with the possibility of KD being sidelined for the whole year, we're talking about luxury tax implications of billions, not millions, but BILLIONS.

This might be something the Warriors would have to consider, and Nets, Knicks and other teams with cap space might see as an opportunity to pounce on.

But of course, with the possibility of KD not playing next year, he might as well receive the maximum amount of salary he can receive next year by opting for his player option next year.

What happened last night certainly has significant ramifications, and MASSIVELY could change the game for the offseason.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,280

Post#134 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:44 am

fendilim wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:okay.....very unfortunate with what happened to Durant.....will definitely cause ripple effects.....pretty much kills kyrie to brooklyn imo, don't know if he'll still go there by himself and even if he does though Durant aint going with him so i guess that means no D-lo to Orlando

I don't know man.

If the Warriors are planning to bring back the superteam next year, with the possibility of KD being sidelined for the whole year, we're talking about luxury tax implications of billions, not millions, but BILLIONS.

This might be something the Warriors would have to consider, and Nets, Knicks and other teams with cap space might see as an opportunity to pounce on.

But of course, with the possibility of KD not playing next year, he might as well receive the maximum amount of salary he can receive next year by opting for his player option next year.

What happened last night certainly has significant ramifications, and MASSIVELY could change the game for the offseason.

It could push teams who are half contenders (Philly, Lakers...) into massive overpay to use championship window for next season.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM

Post#135 » by drsd » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:54 am

yoyojw17 wrote:I personally won't see it like that.... even though i totally understand why one would. BUT.... they both have the size and length to be our back court of the future... both being around 6'5" and having 6'10" wingspan. They could be a scary combination... possibly even eclipsing portlands "pg" duo at some point.

I guess you see something like this line-up:

Fultz/Augustin/Carter-Williams
Russell/Langford
Isaac/Frazier/vet-FA
Gordon/vet-FA/Jefferson
Bamba/Mozgov/vet-FA

What one can immediately see is versatility in the starting-five, where all players can switch on defense and all players have great length, AND a terrible bench with no depth.

drsd
RealGM

Post#136 » by drsd » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am

Bakomagic wrote:Plus we currently have Bamba and Vuc and ....

If the Magic sign Russell, this ensures Vučević's Magic days are complete.

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#137 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:06 pm

shadrock wrote:
drsd wrote:

Of course not.

Exactly. Fultz at his best was a fantastic facilitator who also has the athleticism and IQ to play well off the ball. Russell is more of that iso guy (but he has broadened his game recently).

In the modern world of small ball basketball, I envision plenty of minutes with Russell and a healthy Fultz playing together.

People need to get their head out of the sand that is this archaic fixed position roster design.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#138 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Not long ago everyone said Kyrie and Butler were bffs and a package deal. Those rumors seem to have cooled post Minny trade but perhaps the 76ers collapse has given new life to that?
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#139 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:25 pm

drsd wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:I personally won't see it like that.... even though i totally understand why one would. BUT.... they both have the size and length to be our back court of the future... both being around 6'5" and having 6'10" wingspan. They could be a scary combination... possibly even eclipsing portlands "pg" duo at some point.

I guess you see something like this line-up:

Fultz/Augustin/Carter-Williams
Russell/Langford
Isaac/Frazier/vet-FA
Gordon/vet-FA/Jefferson
Bamba/Mozgov/vet-FA

What one can immediately see is versatility in the starting-five, where all players can switch on defense and all players have great length, AND a terrible bench with no depth.

Wait... did fournier disappear? lol

But for real though.... i would love to retain our current team... and add/improve. But... if the rumor are true... i can also see where they are going. Just looking at the positives of all the "ways to skin a cat". lol... such a morbid phrase.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#140 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Bensational wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
drsd wrote:
Or even minus-one.

That's like saying if we re-sign Vuc, it means Bamba will never be healthy.

Whilst it 'could' reflect Fultz being a failed gamble, chances are that it would indicate that WeHam don't see a conflict between D'Lo and Fultz sharing the court together. Lillard and CJ are strong examples of that working.

When you only spend a 2nd rounder pick plus an expiring for a former 1st overall pick, it sort of feels like the writing is on the wall cuz Philly gave him away for nothing less than 2 years after drafting him 1st overall. Hence, it feels like a miracle if he ever becomes a starter level player for us. I just wouldn't put too much faith into it and if he does prove everyone wrong, that is a bonus!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic