ImageImageImageImageImage

Bob Myers Is a Solid Dude

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Re: Bob Myers Is a Solid Dude 

Post#21 » by Jester_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:12 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:huh? he knows he forced him back, probably irked the medical staff to ok him back, he dodged a bullet with the first injury, it was just probably a partial tear and not that bad, but they still needed him to rest and not come back that fast

Bob Myers forced him back? How the **** do you know anything about what happened in the background?

Get off this board and go sodomize yourself with your "diploma" from the Caribbean.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Nirk Dowitzki
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#22 » by Nirk Dowitzki » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:36 pm

You'll lose 4-2 or 4-3. KD's leg is **** forever and that's the proof that Bob Myers is a solid dude.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Post#23 » by Jester_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Lmao, trolls coming in after we lose our best player, stay classy butt boys
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,548

Post#24 » by The KnicksFix » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Jester_ wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:huh? he knows he forced him back, probably irked the medical staff to ok him back, he dodged a bullet with the first injury, it was just probably a partial tear and not that bad, but they still needed him to rest and not come back that fast

Bob Myers forced him back? How the **** do you know anything about what happened in the background?

Get off this board and go sodomize yourself with your "diploma" from the Caribbean.

Word. Except I went to an American medical school. Stay classy bruh
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#25 » by BayArea408415 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Swift21 wrote:
Agreed.

Knicks fans are just pissed their Zion/Kyrie/KD dream is dead.

It's very possible it was never alive to begin with. Durant seems very close to some of the Warriors players. Whether he stays or leaves and whether the Warriors win or lose the Finals, Durant is a Warriors legend in my book.

I'll be wearing my KD Sonics jersey on Thursday and prayers for his speed recovery (as a human being, not as a player for our entertainment). :)
BayArea408415
Analyst

Post#26 » by BayArea408415 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Samurai wrote:Thanks for posting this. The GB is blowing up with fake doctors saying that Myers is a tool and the KD should sue the team for gross negligence. The GB is even more unreadable than usual after this injury.

Does anyone know how close Myers and KD are? I remember him being one of the guys who really sold KD on the team and organization during the original free agency pitch no?
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by The KnicksFix » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Jester_ wrote:

It’s funny, the media hypes up this comeback, articles put out there that his injury is creating angst, and yet, from the jump we all knew that first injury was very close to an Achilles. The wise thing to do was to let him rest. I’ve been an advocate of the warriors for the past five years and rooted for them, especially because they built the team the right way, from the ground up. I’ve even championed kd’s decision to come here. But Myers treated him like a second class citizen because he joined up with that crew. Nowhere was it more evident than the championship parade last year when he made that joke about kd not being like Steph.

The point I’m making is, it’s absolutely disgusting that they felt the urge to clear him. If it had been the regular season he would have been out at least another week or two. So yea, the doctors, myers and even Kerr is to blame, for having him out there 12 out of the first 14 minutes. Fans outside of the warriors are looking at bob myers as selfish because ultimately he was the one to clear kd. Sure it was in the finals. But at what cost to the best player in the league? His career won’t be the same because the Achilles is the worst injury you can suffer in basketball. So yea, frustration is high against Myers
BayArea408415
Analyst

Post#28 » by BayArea408415 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:28 pm

@The KnicksFix

I get that you're upset and so am I (even more so if he was somehow pressured into this) but let's wait for the MRI results and more details to come out on the story. For now, let's just hope the severity of the achilles injury isn't the worst. I'll take even the slightest positive news at this point.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#29 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

KD wouldn't have played if he didn't want to. Get outta here with anything other than that.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by The KnicksFix » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 pm

BayArea408415 wrote:@The KnicksFix

I get that you're upset and so I am (even more so if he was somehow pressured into this) but let's wait for the MRI results and more details to come out on the story. For now, let's just hope the severity of the achilles injury isn't the worst. I'll take even the slightest positive news at this point.

Right on man. Knick, warrior, thunder or not, Kd don’t deserve to go out like this. I’m praying it’s just a slight tear
BayArea408415
Analyst

Post#31 » by BayArea408415 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:50 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
Right on man. Knick, warrior, thunder or not, Kd don’t deserve to go out like this. I’m praying it’s just a slight tear

Agreed. Whether KD leaves or not, it's irrelevant to me. I hope the severity isn't the worst possible and a healthy recovery to him as a fellow human being. I believe he will come back 100% from this no matter what it is.
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Post#32 » by TheGameWinner » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:52 pm

GSW Fans - as a Raptors fan - I just want to say 1) Great win last night - there's a reason why you're a championship franchise and 2) I'm incredibly saddened by what happened last night.

As a preface, may not be something you want to hear, but I truly don't think Toronto fans KNEW the extent of the injury - I think they were cheering the "defense" by Ibaka and thought KD just fell down to sell the call (or maybe a small strain?). We have unfortunately faced a lot of flopping (and have been guilty of flopping) and have been desensitized to players falling down. To those who were happy he got hurt - they're turds and I don't accept them in to the fanbase.

GSW has legit been one my favourite team since the We Believe Warriors days - and while I didn't love that KD joined your team, I can't fault a front office for drafting well, signing bargain contracts, taking care of players health (Curry's ankles, new body motion to help reduce strain) and finessing the cap spike. I would LOVE it if it were my raptors who had your team.

I felt numb looking at the replay. That said, KD is an incredibly skilled guy and torched us on one leg basically. He will come back, and stronger. Lots of former all-stars have come back. DeMarcus was also fine until his second injury.

Great win again - please don't think of Toronto fans as animals - we don't want our opponents injured. While I want to win, this felt dirty that a superstar got hurt trying to will him team back into the series.

Wishing a speedy recovery for all your guys. Win or lose between us - I hope this is an annual thing for the next few years in KD/Curry/Klays prime against hopefully Kawhi + al.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#33 » by likemycurryhot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Nirk Dowitzki wrote:You'll lose 4-2 or 4-3. KD's leg is **** forever and that's the proof that Bob Myers is a solid dude.

This post is proof that you're not a solid dude.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#34 » by daswunderboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:Just wanted to post the obvious. Tremendous respect for his willingness to show his emotions while talking about KD, defending him as a person, and putting the “responsibility” for KD’s injury on his own shoulders. Just a class guy who I love is a part of the organization.

We forget that these guys are all humans and they have relationships and things like this do matter to them. As a fan, even on the opposing side of this series, the injury to Durant, which I knew was an Achilles as soon as I saw it happen, made me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine how Bob was feeling, he has a personal relationship with Durant. I heard that it also shook Lowry up during halftime. These guys all know each other, us fans can be dicks sometimes and think that these relationships aren't real, or don't matter, but they do.

Good luck going forward, and I really hope KD can come back as good as he was. He is far too bright a talent to lose.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#35 » by likemycurryhot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:GSW Fans - as a Raptors fan - I just want to say 1) Great win last night - there's a reason why you're a championship franchise and 2) I'm incredibly saddened by what happened last night.

As a preface, may not be something you want to hear, but I truly don't think Toronto fans KNEW the extent of the injury - I think they were cheering the "defense" by Ibaka and thought KD just fell down to sell the call (or maybe a small strain?). We have unfortunately faced a lot of flopping (and have been guilty of flopping) and have been desensitized to players falling down. To those who were happy he got hurt - they're turds and I don't accept them in to the fanbase.

GSW has legit been one my favourite team since the We Believe Warriors days - and while I didn't love that KD joined your team, I can't fault a front office for drafting well, signing bargain contracts, taking care of players health (Curry's ankles, new body motion to help reduce strain) and finessing the cap spike. I would LOVE it if it were my raptors who had your team.

I felt numb looking at the replay. That said, KD is an incredibly skilled guy and torched us on one leg basically. He will come back, and stronger. Lots of former all-stars have come back. DeMarcus was also fine until his second injury.

Great win again - please don't think of Toronto fans as animals - we don't want our opponents injured. While I want to win, this felt dirty that a superstar got hurt trying to will him team back into the series.

Wishing a speedy recovery for all your guys. Win or lose between us - I hope this is an annual thing for the next few years in KD/Curry/Klays prime against hopefully Kawhi + al.

Thank you!
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#36 » by daswunderboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:44 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

It’s funny, the media hypes up this comeback, articles put out there that his injury is creating angst, and yet, from the jump we all knew that first injury was very close to an Achilles. The wise thing to do was to let him rest. I’ve been an advocate of the warriors for the past five years and rooted for them, especially because they built the team the right way, from the ground up. I’ve even championed kd’s decision to come here. But Myers treated him like a second class citizen because he joined up with that crew. Nowhere was it more evident than the championship parade last year when he made that joke about kd not being like Steph.

The point I’m making is, it’s absolutely disgusting that they felt the urge to clear him. If it had been the regular season he would have been out at least another week or two. So yea, the doctors, myers and even Kerr is to blame, for having him out there 12 out of the first 14 minutes. Fans outside of the warriors are looking at bob myers as selfish because ultimately he was the one to clear kd. Sure it was in the finals. But at what cost to the best player in the league? His career won’t be the same because the Achilles is the worst injury you can suffer in basketball. So yea, frustration is high against Myers

I'm sick to death of the "narrative" media. I feel like all this "if player X does this, he will be ranked Y all time" and "this proves player X isn't that good because he didn't win, or his team won without him" is so **** toxic. I really hope none of that bull had anything to do with him wanting to rush back, or teammates pressuring him back.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#37 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Durant played because he was cleared by multiple doctors and he wanted to play.

End of story.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#38 » by zhenyasj » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:39 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

You and other Knicks fans only "care" about KD because of the free agency, otherwise you wouldn't give a crap. So stop pretending like you care and enjoy more years following a terrible team.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#39 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

You clearly don't understand how the pressure is flowing here. It's safe to say his Achilles had a tear. But they were doing MRIs almost daily and obviously not finding any evidence of a tear. They weren't lying when they were reporting it as a strain, MRIs just aren't a precise enough tool to reveal the tear. And so at that point it's very difficult to tell KD he can't play. I guarantee he was saying he could play and without any hesitation or reservations because he's that sort of competitor. So if the scans don't suggest a problem and KD says there is no problem than what rationale do the doctors have to continue to withhold clearance? It was an impossible circumstance that can't be placed squarely on anybody.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#40 » by T-d0t » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Durant played because he was cleared by multiple doctors and he wanted to play.

End of story.
Hahahahahaha need to get your facts right

Return to Golden State Warriors