ImageImageImageImageImage

Official KEEP DLO THREAD

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#1 » by JKiddy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:22 pm

We cannot let DLO go. I need to step in and use my tenure here as one of the ORIGINAL REALGMers on this board.

J Kiddy needs to get this off his chest.

Yes, D-LO is young. Yes, he might not be Top 20 today. But, he is close. You saw what he did this year and he is a 23 year old All-Star on THE RISE. He is 23 years old. He can be a top 12 player in the league by 25. Give the kid some credit. He can ball!

I saw we do everything possible to keep him. We can't move Levert either. Allen needs to stay as well.

Anyone else I guess can go if necessary. But, we built a great core. I really want to keep Harris and Dinwiddie too if possible. I think Rodi and Musa are going to show you something nice this season as well (hopefully here).

Barring Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard as this point with KD down for a year we must keep D-LO.

If Kyrie comes and can share a back court and minutes with D-LO and whomever we keep here with him so be it.

End of story.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:12 pm

"This ain't funny, so don't you dare laugh..."

I have maintained throughout the Kyrie rumors, the Durant rumors, the Davis rumors and the Leonard rumors, that we should keep D'Angelo Russell. He could combine with any one or two of those players, and brings continuity to our movement. If it takes a sign-and-trade of Russell to get Davis, I'm for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't trade him for anything available on the market right now. If we need to trade anyone else in order to make cap space to sign a max free agent, fine. But D'Angelo should stay, letting him walk for cap space makes no sense.

Good night!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 pm

I'm with it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#4 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Well now that KD might not ever be the same it makes no sense to let DLo go unless we get Kawhi. Keep him, sign Kyrie and see how that plays out.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#5 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:37 pm

yeah,I think with the KD injury we keep Russell now.

I just laid it out in the other thread. Sign Russell to an appropriate deal, sign Irving to the max, then see how it shakes out with sprinkled in veterans and the current depth. Save Din, Harris, Levert, Allen for now. Keep developing Musa and Rodi. Draft wisely with 27 and 31, maybe even G League them. Play Prince probably as a starting 3/4 (doesn't matter in KA's system as Prok always says).

Maybe you move Russell as season goes on. Makes it easier this way. And if Russell and Irving work out and play off each other well, then stand pat. The vets you signed only get 1 year deals so you leave it open for next year to give money to AD or KP.

Russell is too valuable to let walk now. Too much promise with him (and worst case you resign him and use him as an asset later on).
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 pm

JKiddy wrote:We cannot let DLO go. I need to step in and use my tenure here as one of the ORIGINAL REALGMers on this board.

Yes, D-LO is young. Yes, he might not be Top 20 today. But, he is close. You saw what he did this year and he is a 23 year old All-Star on THE RISE. He is 23 years old. He can be a top 12 player in the league by 25. Give the kid some credit. He can ball!

I saw we do everything possible to keep him. We can't move Levert either. Allen needs to stay as well.

Anyone else I guess can go if necessary. But, we built a great core. I really want to keep Harris and Dinwiddie too if possible. I think Rodi and Musa are going to show you something nice this season as well (hopefully here).

Barring Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard as this point with KD down for a year we must keep D-LO.

If Kyrie comes and can share a back court and minutes with D-LO and whomever we keep here with him so be it.

End of story.

this thread seems uncessary

i dont think anyone disagrees... unless it means AD/Kawhi or Durant (maybe not him anymore) everyone wants Dlo back, including the nets
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#7 » by JKiddy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:23 pm

We cannot be the only ones thinking this. I have been saying this before the KD injury. We have a great asset and he was THE BIGGEST REASON we made the playoffs. Let's draft well and sign the right guys and get back in the gym and win 50+ next year!
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#8 » by Mosdefinition » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Without the possibility of kd now it makes zero sense to let dlo go
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#9 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 pm

JKiddy wrote:We cannot be the only ones thinking this. I have been saying this before the KD injury. We have a great asset and he was THE BIGGEST REASON we made the playoffs. Let's draft well and sign the right guys and get back in the gym and win 50+ next year!

again, i dont see anyone who isnt onboard with this. its the clear option
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Post#10 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:38 pm

This thread makes me wonder what enetric is up to.

But I agree - keep DLo.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#11 » by Aussienet3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure Nets can take a risk and release D'LO (with a nudge,nudge,wink,wink) Once he is off our roster we have space to sign 2 max players. Once we have (if we) achieve that goal. We can the go over the cap to resign D'LO. Remembering he was patiently in the wings with his 'DEAL' already in place with Nets management.

Sure, technically, we stand a chance that D'Lo walks to another team once released. But if he has a deal with Marks before being released then i say its worth it.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Post#12 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure Nets can take a risk and release D'LO (with a nudge,nudge,wink,wink) Once he is off our roster we have space to sign 2 max players. Once we have (if we) achieve that goal. We can the go over the cap to resign D'LO. Remembering he was patiently in the wings with his 'DEAL' already in place with Nets management.

Sure, technically, we stand a chance that D'Lo walks to another team once released. But if he has a deal with Marks before being released then i say its worth it.

If renounced I think we lose the bird rights and can't go over the cap to sign him.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#13 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:59 am

Aussienet3 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure Nets can take a risk and release D'LO (with a nudge,nudge,wink,wink) Once he is off our roster we have space to sign 2 max players. Once we have (if we) achieve that goal. We can the go over the cap to resign D'LO. Remembering he was patiently in the wings with his 'DEAL' already in place with Nets management.

We renounce him to open up 2 max space and we lose his rights. Either we keep his rights and add 1 more guy or we let him go to sign 2 max.

There are no other scenarios unless you blow the team up.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#14 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:46 am

Prokorov wrote:
JKiddy wrote:We cannot let DLO go. I need to step in and use my tenure here as one of the ORIGINAL REALGMers on this board.

End of story.

this thread seems uncessary

i dont think anyone disagrees... unless it means AD/Kawhi or Durant (maybe not him anymore) everyone wants Dlo back, including the nets

It seems like Kyrie + a non-superstar like Jimmy/Tobías is a realistic possibility. That most likely means no DLO.

A lot of people think that Kyrie + Russell isn't a viable back court.

There's a chance we lose DLo even if we strike out on the mega stars.
Aussienet3
Junior

Post#15 » by Aussienet3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 am

SpeedyG wrote:

We renounce him to open up 2 max space and we lose his rights. Either we keep his rights and add 1 more guy or we let him go to sign 2 max.

Trading Dinwiddie and the 27 pick to phoenix for the 6 pick would open up more cap space. I havent done the math but that would get us close to keeping D'Lo and 2 max players?
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#16 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 am

Aussienet3 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:

Trading Dinwiddie and the 27 pick to phoenix for the 6 pick would open up more cap space. I havent done the math but that would get us close to keeping D'Lo and 2 max players?

6 pick is about 4.8M. 27th is about 2M. Dinwiddie makes a little over 10M. Making that deal frees up essentially about $7M.

We're at 48M with Russell's cap hold. So this gives us about $56M cap space.

You need 64M for Kyrie plus Tobias for example. You need 59M for Kyrie plus rookie max (say Porz).

Just..stop guys. It's not worth blowing up this team.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:We renounce him to open up 2 max space and we lose his rights. Either we keep his rights and add 1 more guy or we let him go to sign 2 max.

6 pick is about 4.8M. 27th is about 2M. Dinwiddie makes a little over 10M. Making that deal frees up essentially about $7M.

You need 64M for Kyrie plus Tobias for example. You need 59M for Kyrie plus rookie max (say Porz).

Thank you.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#18 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:

Thank you.

If we're trying to free space, Dinwiddie (or Harris) has to be traded for a future pick. I could see something like Dinwiddie for Okobo+future 1st, as Okobo doesn't make that much more than the minimum hold.
Aussienet3
Junior

Post#19 » by Aussienet3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:29 am

SpeedyG wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:We renounce him to open up 2 max space and we lose his rights. Either we keep his rights and add 1 more guy or we let him go to sign 2 max.

To be fair trading dinwiddie and 27th pick for a lottery pick whilst trying to keep D'Lo is hardly blowing up the team. But thank you for explaining the cap situation as you probably have done in other threads. lol
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#20 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:42 am

Aussienet3 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:

To be fair trading dinwiddie and 27th pick for a lottery pick whilst trying to keep D'Lo is hardly blowing up the team. But thank you for explaining the cap situation as you probably have done in other threads. lol

Well trading Din for 6th pick still leaves us 8M short of Tobias max. So who's next? Prince + Musa + Kurucs or Joe's 7M.

That's too much IMO for Tobias.

Return to Brooklyn Nets