ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Predict the Finals

Raps in 4
20%
Raptors in 5
19%
Raptors in 6
15%
Raptors in 7
10%
Warriors in 7
5%
Warriors in 6
18%
Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 4
3%

Total votes: 88

Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 819

Re: Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition 

Post#1801 » by Isiahthomass » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Dantares wrote:Guys he will be 32 years old coming off an Achilles rupture the next time he plays again. It's insanity to even think of giving him a max.

20 million a year is more reasonable. He may be able to come back and be a 18-20ppg scorer because he is 7 feet tall and he is a great catch and shoot player but he will probably never be KD again.

I highly doubt he even declines his player option after this. No way anyone offers him max money to sit out a year, especially when there will be huge questions about what kind of player he will be afterwards. Thinking otherwise is borderline delusional.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#1802 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Klay might be the FMVP if they win the finals.

25.0 PPG 4.8 RPG 3.0 APG 0.5 SPG
52% FG 57% 3PT

It’s crazy how underrated this guy is. He makes so many plays on defense that won’t show up in the box score. His ability to score with limited space and without needing to create his own shot are crucial to keeping the engine going.

How many top defensive guys get you 20-25 PPG?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,186

Post#1803 » by DOT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:08 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Klay might be the FMVP if they win the finals.

52% FG 57% 3PT

It’s crazy how underrated this guy is. He makes so many plays on defense that won’t show up in the box score. His ability to score with limited space and without needing to create his own shot are crucial to keeping the engine going.

He's in that weird space for me where he's too good to use the traditional "role player" term, but he's not a star, either

You put him on a team as the first option, he's not gonna put up nearly the same numbers. Just doesn't have the play style for it

But there isn't a team out there that wouldn't take him, he's a perfect fit for anyone.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1804 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 pm

K-DOT wrote:

52% FG 57% 3PT

He's in that weird space for me where he's too good to use the traditional "role player" term, but he's not a star, either

You put him on a team as the first option, he's not gonna put up nearly the same numbers. Just doesn't have the play style for it

But there isn't a team out there that wouldn't take him, he's a perfect fit for anyone.

I think he’d put even larger numbers. His skillset is scalable based on need. When KD was there, he’s able to slide down to the 3rd spot. But the second KD went down, he’s able to ratchet it up.

A good sign of whether a guy is an offensive stud is if he can maintain efficiency with increased opportunity. He’s able to do that.

I’m not confusing him with the elite offensive guys, but I do think he can be on that second tier pretty easily.

Id love for him to get that opportunity on a team.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1805 » by DOT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:39 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

52% FG 57% 3PT

I think he’d put even larger numbers. His skillset is scalable based on need. When KD was there, he’s able to slide down to the 3rd spot. But the second KD went down, he’s able to ratchet it up.

A good sign of whether a guy is an offensive stud is if he can maintain efficiency with increased opportunity. He’s able to do that.

I’m not confusing him with the elite offensive guys, but I do think he can be on that second tier pretty easily.

His skillset is based on guys creating for him in a motion offense, and you can't say he maintains efficiency with increased opportunity because he's never been a first option, or had to create for an offense

He can't create shots for himself is the problem

Reggie's Pacers were based on a similar playstyle, but they were just good, not great teams, and now in a league where superteams are abundant, it'd be even harder to build an offense around him that gets you places

He's a good player, but he's not a guy you build around
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1806 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:He's in that weird space for me where he's too good to use the traditional "role player" term, but he's not a star, either

His skillset is based on guys creating for him in a motion offense, and you can't say he maintains efficiency with increased opportunity because he's never been a first option, or had to create for an offense

Reggie's Pacers were based on a similar playstyle, but they were just good, not great teams, and now in a league where superteams are abundant, it'd be even harder to build an offense around him that gets you places

Before KD injury 14.8 FGA

After KD injury 20 FGA

That’s a 33% bump in FGA and his efficiency stayed up.

20 FGA is a large number and is definitely first option territory. To put it into perspective, only two guys took more FGA per game during the regular season.

Others don’t create shots for him anywhere near as much as he is non stop moving without the ball and guys hit him when he gets open. He is in constant movement like many of the great shooters we’ve seen IE Allen Miller (though they could do stuff off the dribble too).

He can’t create off the dribble too well so it’s not like you can give him the ball and get out of the way. Def a weakness.

Can he be the top guy on a contender? No way.

Playoff team? I think so, especially with his defensive impact.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1807 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 pm

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:He's in that weird space for me where he's too good to use the traditional "role player" term, but he's not a star, either

Before KD injury 14.8 FGA

After KD injury 20 FGA

That’s a 33% bump in FGA and his efficiency stayed up.

20 FGA is a large number and is definitely first option territory. To put it into perspective, only four guys took more FGA per game during the regular season.

Others don’t create shots for him anywhere near as much as he is non stop moving without the ball and guys hit him when he gets open. He is in constant movement like many of the great shooters we’ve seen IE Allen Miller (though they could do stuff off the dribble too).

He can’t create off the dribble too well so it’s not like you can give him the ball and get out of the way. Def a weakness.

Can he be the top guy on a contender? No way.

Playoff team? I think so, especially with his defensive impact.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#1808 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Seeing the Warriors GM acting all emotional with those crocodile tears was so so so cringe.
Free Palestine
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#1809 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:02 pm

K-DOT wrote:

52% FG 57% 3PT

He's a superstar. People just don't have the right understanding for it.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1810 » by DOT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:04 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

52% FG 57% 3PT

lol
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#1811 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:05 pm

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

So he's better than the Melos of this world and plays the game the right way. Hence the many championships.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#1812 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 pm

K-DOT wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

lol

I'm not kidding. Harden couldn't do what he does. Why do you think this guy wins and wins and wins?

I'm dead-serious.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1813 » by DOT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

lol

I'm not kidding. Harden couldn't do what he does. Why do you think this guy wins and wins and wins?

I'm dead-serious.

Because he has 2 MVP winning teammates?

And he couldn't do what Harden does, lol

Keep it coming, I needed a good laugh today
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Senior
And1: 404

Post#1814 » by 1999 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:17 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

lol

I'm dead-serious.

Ridiculous take. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#1815 » by offense » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 pm

El Poochio wrote:Knew Warrior Dynasty was over as soon as Chelsea left for Atlanta

It's not over, KD will return early next year and they can also bolster the bench. They will be finals bound next season.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#1816 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Isiahthomass wrote:
Dantares wrote:Guys he will be 32 years old coming off an Achilles rupture the next time he plays again. It's insanity to even think of giving him a max.

20 million a year is more reasonable. He may be able to come back and be a 18-20ppg scorer because he is 7 feet tall and he is a great catch and shoot player but he will probably never be KD again.

I highly doubt he even declines his player option after this. No way anyone offers him max money to sit out a year, especially when there will be huge questions about what kind of player he will be afterwards. Thinking otherwise is borderline delusional.

Lol to anyone to think he's playing for anything less than the max (that is, not playing, he's still getting paid).
Th3RaptorSwag1
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1817 » by Th3RaptorSwag1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:55 am

The Raps are taking this. You Knicks fans still aren't serious.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1818 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:02 am

Th3RaptorSwag1 wrote:The Raps are taking this. You Knicks fans still aren't serious.

Don't know why you are wasting your time here.
If you are that good at baiting, you can talk to GS fans directly.
why Not? Poor reflection on your team?

Rap fans have proved kindness and genuity on this board.
Th3RaptorSwag1
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1819 » by Th3RaptorSwag1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

You're right
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,052

Post#1820 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 am

Th3RaptorSwag1 wrote:The Raps are taking this. You Knicks fans still aren't serious.

Lol are you trying to get suspended again? Gtfo craptor fan.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks