ImageImageImage

Cleveland Luck

Moderator: ijspeelman

Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 364

Cleveland Luck 

Post#1 » by Ian Scuffling » Thu Jun 6, 2019 3:05 pm

Now, I'll preface this with the OBVIOUS fact that off the court the Cavaliers are very lucky, especially in regards to getting draft picks. Now that's done. WTF? The Warriors start falling apart, injury wise, the first year AFTER we get done playing them? LOL...Damn. :banghead: Toronto is so damn lucky. Ok, venting over.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Re: Cleveland Luck 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 3:25 pm

Yeah, this thought occurred to me more than once. Of course if Durant comes back for Game 4, they could rip off three straight and still win the series.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 364

Post#3 » by Ian Scuffling » Thu Jun 6, 2019 5:08 pm

True. I'm definitely not counting GS out, but damn, why couldn't these injuries happened when we played them? Instead, at least in the first series, it happened to the Cavs! I gotta get over this!!! LOL...
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:39 pm

idk I wouldn't want another one with 2 maybe 3 starters for GSW missing most or some of the series, but it would be Cavs up 3-0 if this was last season and the same thing happened. Raptors beat themselves game 2 really and Warriors as usual got ref help.

I don't call it good luck when advantageous circumstances ruin the credit for the job I do as if I could not do it without it...I call that bad luck. I would rather work my ass off and lose than play a broken down roster and win.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#5 » by gflem » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 pm

As for Cleveland luck, does anyone else see the Durant injury as possibly lowering the value of JR's contract in a potential deal? Maybe someone will still offer him the max, but it also may one less player that teams will be looking to dump salary for. As for Durant, sad to see a guy go down like that in a potential walk year, but he will likely just opt in, rehab, and then hit FA after next season. With $31 mil more in his bank account.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm

gflem wrote:As for Cleveland luck, does anyone else see the Durant injury as possibly lowering the value of JR's contract in a potential deal? Maybe someone will still offer him the max, but it also may one less player that teams will be looking to dump salary for. As for Durant, sad to see a guy go down like that in a potential walk year, but he will likely just opt in, rehab, and then hit FA after next season. With $31 mil more in his bank account.

I don't think he will opt in unless nobody is interested which seems doubtful given his impact when healthy. I don't think this lowers J.R. contract because nobody we would be shipping him to were in the mix for KD by doing so after BKN made the ATL deal.
BKN is a loser here if they don't go after KD because of the injury esp if by not doing so KI goes to NY or LA instead.
I see the Smith dumping grounds as Orlando 1st with the 16th maybe Miami with 13th and long shot Cavs would accept 21 from OKC.
If none of those teams are interested which seems unlikely CLE may settle for future draft assets which are less valuable with draft position unknown if a developmental rookie scale player is attached to whatever salary they'd eat and the Org has a good eye on moving TT,Henson or someone else to stay out of the tax.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:50 am

gflem wrote:As for Cleveland luck, does anyone else see the Durant injury as possibly lowering the value of JR's contract in a potential deal? Maybe someone will still offer him the max, but it also may one less player that teams will be looking to dump salary for. As for Durant, sad to see a guy go down like that in a potential walk year, but he will likely just opt in, rehab, and then hit FA after next season. With $31 mil more in his bank account.
Not really. Not every team looking to clear cap is looking to sign a max player. Also, a team like Knicks would still offer Durant a 4 year max. They've been in the desert for too long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers