Just a Reminder How Big NBA Players Are

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Re: Just a Reminder How Big NBA Players Are 

Post#101 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Sofia wrote:
Dupp wrote:5’7 is more of a dwarf or munchkin than a man.

It’s not a man

Bruce Lee was like 5’7 and I’m pretty sure he would be able to beat up the majority of the men in this world. So there you have it
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,538

Post#102 » by dc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:02 pm

LKN wrote:Then again there's this:

Maybe he was wearing the pimp shoes with the fish in them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The just under 6'5" measurement was w/o shoes. Most people who take mug shots probably don't bother taking their shoes off.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#103 » by LakerLegend » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:53 pm

LKN wrote:
dc wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:
Barkley is a little under 6-5 barefoot according to his book. So 6-6 to 6-7 "NBA Height".

The Rock is really about 6-2 or 6-3.

Yep. Look up pictures of Barkely standing next to Jordan and you'll notice he's a shade shorter than MJ.

The Rock's "billed height" from WWE is 6'5" or so, but WWE exaggerates pretty much all the heights of their wrestlers. The Rock is no exception.

Then again there's this:

Maybe he was wearing the pimp shoes with the fish in them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barkley is probably close to 6-7 in certain shoes. He's also standing closer to the camera than the measurement board, which warps the perspective.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#104 » by LakerLegend » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 pm

dc wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:
LKN wrote:Barkely's gotta be taller than 6'4"... more like 6'6" or 6'7"

Barkley is a little under 6-5 barefoot according to his book. So 6-6 to 6-7 "NBA Height".

The Rock is really about 6-2 or 6-3.

Yep. Look up pictures of Barkely standing next to Jordan and you'll notice he's a shade shorter than MJ.

The Rock's "billed height" from WWE is 6'5" or so, but WWE exaggerates pretty much all the heights of their wrestlers. The Rock is no exception.

Barkley always looked at least as tall as Jordan to me:

My2CentsR
Senior
And1: 303

Post#105 » by My2CentsR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:18 am

KingDavid wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:There was a video of Kyrie walking through a crowd of regular people in LA the other day and it highlighted this more than these big men photos do IMO. Kyrie was taller than almost everyone.

Even guys who look little and small on the court to us are taller than most regular people. Even 6’4” is a taller person in regular life and 6’6” and above is like a lifetime of “wow - you must play/have played basketball” comments...

You have no **** idea how annoying that is

So did you?
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#106 » by Ugly Duckling » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:07 am

mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,683

Post#107 » by KingDavid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 am

My2CentsR wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:There was a video of Kyrie walking through a crowd of regular people in LA the other day and it highlighted this more than these big men photos do IMO. Kyrie was taller than almost everyone.

Even guys who look little and small on the court to us are taller than most regular people. Even 6’4” is a taller person in regular life and 6’6” and above is like a lifetime of “wow - you must play/have played basketball” comments...

You have no **** idea how annoying that is

So did you?

:banghead:

Yes. Been a while but I'm working back towards playing.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#108 » by laika » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:Image

Marko Jaric- Forgotten hero of the NBA.
My2CentsR
Senior
And1: 303

Post#109 » by My2CentsR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:38 pm

KingDavid wrote:
My2CentsR wrote:
KingDavid wrote:You have no **** idea how annoying that is

So did you?

:banghead:

Yes. Been a while but I'm working back towards playing.

Lol, it's such a cliche question, but it's true so often. 6'1, 6'2", not really an assumption. But once you hit 6'3" and up I bet a lot of people who might not have otherwise played are sought out for their potential by HS. As a 5'3" girl, don't know much about it, just an assumption.

I used to work in marketing, and there was a programmer who was about 6'5". He had long blonde hair and was a sort of meek, nerdy, hipster type (i.e., not what I generally associate with basketball players). I asked him if he played basketball in high school or college for the fun of it, literally b/c I figured it was a corny question he gets a lot, and he said "of course."
TasteThePainbow
Freshman
And1: 110

Post#110 » by TasteThePainbow » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Not just limited to nba players. I play basketball at an okay level and played against the youth team of the Antwerp Giants (final 4 champions league this season).

I'm a big guy. 6'7 without shoes, almost 6'8 with shoes. Without fail that entire team, safe for their point guard who was about 6'4, equalled my height or dwarfed me. Really a surreal experience.

Return to The General Board