ImageImageImageImageImage

Would Patrick McCaw helped?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Would Patrick McCaw helped? 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:32 am

McCaw has seen no PT with the raptors, but I think he would have helped the dubs in this series and the season. 3rd year wing, 6'7, decent defender, avg in transition, but 6 more fouls for an athletic wing player.

McCaw would have been nice to have-- I grew to like McKinnie but having both would have been solid.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Re: Would Patrick McCaw helped? 

Post#2 » by bballguy50 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:37 am

Give me Damion Lee instead, he showed he can hit 3's and be something of a hustle guy.

Should have put him on the playoff roster instead of Evans.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#3 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 am

Rookie McCaw could have. The McCaw I've seen since then would not have helped any.

Edit: I'll tell you who really could be helping is David West. wish he had stayed for one more run
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#4 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:05 am

bballguy50 wrote:Give me Damion Lee instead, he showed he can hit 3's and be something of a hustle guy.

I don't think that was possible. Wasn't Lee on a two-way contract while Evans was not?
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#5 » by Frozzy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am

Just let it go, he simply didn't want to play for us. KD & Iguodala tried to take him under their wings, the team supported him through all the drama he created, and he just wanted none of it.

Also aside from his rookie year, decent defender is a reach. At times he looked worse than Nick Young defensively by in his 2nd year and couldn't shoot to make up for it. He got blown by too often for someone his size.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#6 » by yellowknifer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 am

He has been a quality defender for the Raptors. Particularly on ball.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#7 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:18 am

If he would have been a more dangerous offensive threat than Quinn Cook then yes, he would have helped.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#8 » by jamesnamida » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm

nick " harden stopper" young wouldve helped more than mccaw
he would've gotten some of the open catch and shoot 3's that all the role players missed in games 3/4
plus if he can shut down harden 1 on 1, he can shut down kawhi ez 8-) swaggy P
also mcgee.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#9 » by donkeylips » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:49 pm

He would have helped cause he wouldn’t be there in game 1 hitting that 3 that stopped our run. With how banged up the warriors are, anyone decent would help.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#10 » by bballguy50 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 am

Samurai wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:Give me Damion Lee instead, he showed he can hit 3's and be something of a hustle guy.

I don't think that was possible. Wasn't Lee on a two-way contract while Evans was not?

I see, just read the rule. Sucks, but roster space aside, I think Lee would have been more effective than Evans and Jerebko at least.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#11 » by Impuniti » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 am

East Bay Sports wrote:Rookie McCaw could have. The McCaw I've seen since then would not have helped any.

Edit: I'll tell you who really could be helping is David West. wish he had stayed for one more run

The correct answer. West both as a locker room presence and on the court.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#12 » by Coxy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 am

No.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 751

Post#13 » by jaymo123 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:15 pm

No. I never liked McCaw because I just didn't see the next Iggy as the Dubs had hoped he could be.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#14 » by HiRez » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 pm

I sure wouldn't mind having Javale McGee on the roster right now either. Still miffed they let him go when he was earning close to the minimum and didn't seem to be asking for much. We're missing his energy and vertical options he opened up.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Post#15 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 pm

HiRez wrote:I sure wouldn't mind having Javale McGee on the roster right now either. Still miffed they let him go when he was earning close to the minimum and didn't seem to be asking for much. We're missing his energy and vertical options he opened up.

He wanted to play in LA, he signed with them for the minimum.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#16 » by HiRez » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:19 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
HiRez wrote:I sure wouldn't mind having Javale McGee on the roster right now either. Still miffed they let him go when he was earning close to the minimum and didn't seem to be asking for much. We're missing his energy and vertical options he opened up.

Right, but I think he would have stayed here if we showed him we valued him more, which we didn't. Not in terms of compensation but just playing time and general commitment. I feel like he was always undervalued by our FO even after he proved he could contribute and give us some unique abilities on both ends of the floor. He seemed to like it here a lot. I was a huge skeptic when he came here but he proved me wrong and I wish we found a way to keep him around.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#17 » by floppymoose » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 am

if McCaw is a Warrior, maybe McKinnie is a Raptor this series, destroying us with offensive rebounds.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#18 » by jamesnamida » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:01 am

HiRez wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Right, but I think he would have stayed here if we showed him we valued him more, which we didn't. Not in terms of compensation but just playing time and general commitment. I feel like he was always undervalued by our FO even after he proved he could contribute and give us some unique abilities on both ends of the floor. He seemed to like it here a lot. I was a huge skeptic when he came here but he proved me wrong and I wish we found a way to keep him around.

Kerr definitely didn’t show that he was valued.

Not sure why the front office can’t see that we are most successful with the ball in currys hands and filling the floor with offensive options/shooters who can defend. We can beat any team without Durant when iggy/Livingston/ Barnes / green can make open shots.
This year we have no one but cook and jonas, both can’t defend. Iggy found his shot in game 7 and was the reason we were close down the stretch.
If we kept young and McGee instead of the guys not playing, it might’ve been a different story.

Next season surround curry with guys similar to what the bucks surrounded giannis with. Obviously not as good or well known as Middleton but similar pieces, a mirotic, stretch 5.

Return to Golden State Warriors