ImageImageImageImage

New Orlando Magic Fan Site (Podcasts & Articles)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

bluesteelmagic
Junior
And1: 20

New Orlando Magic Fan Site (Podcasts & Articles) 

Post#1 » by bluesteelmagic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Hey everyone. Hope you guys will pardon my spam here, but a few fellow Magic fans and myself have recently launched a new Orlando Magic fan site (http://www.thecloseupmagic.com/)
We have one podcast already (Close Up Magic with Stephen Cameron) and I’m working on releasing one of my own this week. We also have four other guys who have been contributing opinion pieces and we plan on expanding our written content to include game day previews and break downs, full fledged off-season updates, draft coverage, speculation pieces, day to day news, and of course any relevant rumors pertaining to the Magic.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/close-up-magic/id1433849204?i=1000440829045

Anyways, I felt like this would be a good place to share the launch of our website. Also feel free to follow any of us on Twitter:
@thecloseupmagic
@jontimus_prime
@stephen0610
@smithy4701
@philharlowuk
@notzay22
People like to say "Hey, you don't want to swim with sharks"

But I'm faster than sharks, so it's okay.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: New Orlando Magic Fan Site (Podcasts & Articles) 

Post#2 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm

I'm a fan. Been rocking with the podcast throughout this season. Congrats on the site launch and expansion and I hope it grows.

Looking forward to your new podcast and content from the other contributors.

1 complaint, lol. Tell Stephen to turn down the music as guests are speaking. Love to hear it, but not so loud.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#3 » by j-ragg » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 pm

I think I heard the one with Cole Zwicker if it’s the same one I’m thinking of. The host didn’t even know how to pronounce the draftees names lol just seemed kinda weird to not research that. But it’s the off-season I’m sure I’ll listen to more.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#4 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:42 pm

j-ragg wrote:I think I heard the one with Cole Zwicker if it’s the same one I’m thinking of. The host didn’t even know how to pronounce the draftees names lol just seemed kinda weird to not research that. But it’s the off-season I’m sure I’ll listen to more.
Yeah, host isn't a draft guy at all. But he got Cole on the show and they talked about the Magic. Can't ask for much more, in the off season, around d the draft.
bluesteelmagic
Junior

Post#5 » by bluesteelmagic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:50 pm

j-ragg wrote:I think I heard the one with Cole Zwicker if it’s the same one I’m thinking of. The host didn’t even know how to pronounce the draftees names lol just seemed kinda weird to not research that. But it’s the off-season I’m sure I’ll listen to more.

Yeah, Stephen has admitted to not following college hoops much at all, but the rest of us have followed and paid attention quite a bit. Zay and Phil have been covering the draft for us, and they’ve done a good job thus far.

Stephen is a die hard Magic fan though and an excellent host. Does a good job at booking guests and asking questions the fans care about.

Luke comes from a coaching background and his insight into the game is probably 2nd to none, at least on Magic Twitter. Zay is a self professed college hoops junkie, he’s the newest addition to the team so I don’t know him well, but he provides good insight on draft prospects. Wyatt and Stephen are eternal optimists and both of them do an excellent job finding and articulating positive Magic related stuff. Phil is another relatively new addition, and from what I’ve seen so far he’s an excellent writer. I don’t know too much about his background, but he has proven to be knowledgeable and eloquent.

Really, the biggest goal we have as new website/blog is be a bit more authentic than other Magic fansites. We want to be less cookie cutter and more (for a lack of a better word) punk rock about it. We want to be fun, we want to be engaging, and we want to contribute content that we, as a collective, wanted to get from the other outlets.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#6 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm

bluesteelmagic wrote:

Yeah, Stephen has admitted to not following college hoops much at all, but the rest of us have followed and paid attention quite a bit. Zay and Phil have been covering the draft for us, and they’ve done a good job thus far.

Stephen is a die hard Magic fan though and an excellent host. Does a good job at booking guests and asking questions the fans care about.

Luke comes from a coaching background and his insight into the game is probably 2nd to none, at least on Magic Twitter. Zay is a self professed college hoops junkie, he’s the newest addition to the team so I don’t know him well, but he provides good insight on draft prospects. Wyatt and Stephen are eternal optimists and both of them do an excellent job finding and articulating positive Magic related stuff. Phil is another relatively new addition, and from what I’ve seen so far he’s an excellent writer. I don’t know too much about his background, but he has proven to be knowledgeable and eloquent.

Really, the biggest goal we have as new website/blog is be a bit more authentic than other Magic fansites. We want to be less cookie cutter and more (for a lack of a better word) punk rock about it. We want to be fun, we want to be engaging, and we want to contribute content that we, as a collective, wanted to get from the other outlets.

So, how many of ya'll are Magic posters here?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
bluesteelmagic
Junior

Post#7 » by bluesteelmagic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
bluesteelmagic wrote:

I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who posts here. But to be fair, I barely post. I’ve been browsing the boards here since around 2005, created an account in like 2008? But I mostly just read through the boards, as I do most of my dialogue via Twitter.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#8 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:41 pm

bluesteelmagic wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
bluesteelmagic wrote:

I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who posts here. But to be fair, I barely post. I’ve been browsing the boards here since around 2005, created an account in like 2008? But I mostly just read through the boards, as I do most of my dialogue via Twitter.

So, where have you all been discussing Magic all this time? Just curious. Anyways, Good luck!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,654

Post#9 » by Message Boar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Good stuff! I can always use more Magic podcasts, and I didn't know about this one yet. I'm looking forward to reading more new articles, too.
bluesteelmagic
Junior

Post#10 » by bluesteelmagic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
bluesteelmagic wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

So, where have you all been discussing Magic all this time? Just curious. Anyways, Good luck!

Well, Twitter has emerged as my favorite place to talk Magic basketball. So the rest of the guys involved with the website and myself predominantly discuss all Magic related things there. I’ve been trying to push Stephen to check out RealGM though. There’s a ton of idiocy on Twitter you have to sift through, whereas here I think the fans are a bit more “experienced”

Return to Orlando Magic