ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,881

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#721 » by GONYK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:19 pm

remi_222 wrote:Great news for Frank, got into the 15 players for the World Cup, Coach Collet said he would have a chance to show defensively the impact that he can have !

PG :
Thomas Heurtel (Barcelona) – Andrew Albicy (Andorra) – Frank Ntilikina (NYC)
SG/ SF
Nando De Colo (CSKA Moscow) – Nicolas Batum (Charlotte) – Evan Fournier (Orlando) – Paul Lacombe (Monaco) – Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot (Chicago) – Axel Toupane (Olympiacos)
PF/C :
Rudy Gobert (Utah) – Adrien Moerman (Anadolu Efes) – Louis Labeyrie (Valencia) – Amath M’Baye (Bologna) – Mathias Lessort (Malaga) – Vincent Poirier (Baskonia)

Isn't Frank staying away from international competition?
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 630

Post#722 » by remi_222 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm

GONYK wrote:
remi_222 wrote:Great news for Frank, got into the 15 players for the World Cup, Coach Collet said he would have a chance to show defensively the impact that he can have !

PG :
SG/ SF
Nando De Colo (CSKA Moscow) – Nicolas Batum (Charlotte) – Evan Fournier (Orlando) – Paul Lacombe (Monaco) – Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot (Chicago) – Axel Toupane (Olympiacos)
PF/C :
Rudy Gobert (Utah) – Adrien Moerman (Anadolu Efes) – Louis Labeyrie (Valencia) – Amath M’Baye (Bologna) – Mathias Lessort (Malaga) – Vincent Poirier (Baskonia)

At this point I think it would beneficiate everybody if he just plays basketball ! In a diff context, with his former coach at Strasbourg, he'll be confident !
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#723 » by taj2133 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

remi_222 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

PG :
SG/ SF
PF/C :

At this point I think it would beneficiate everybody if he just plays basketball ! In a diff context, with his former coach at Strasbourg, he'll be confident !

I don't think perry and mills cared if frank is playing france, because it look like they are determine to trade frank either in this draft or the summer time. There isn't going to be playing time here next year for frank with trier, dotson, kadeem allen, rj barret, knox, and dsj.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#724 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 pm

taj2133 wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I don't think perry and mills cared if frank is playing france, because it look like they are determine to trade frank either in this draft or the summer time. There isn't going to be playing time here next year for frank with trier, dotson, kadeem allen, rj barret, knox, and dsj.

I'm curious, I read your posts and I can tell you're anti-Frank which is totally fine. My only question to you sir is are you speaking from a place of inside sources or are you just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks?

When exactly has the FO mentioned that Frank was being traded this off season? Is this something you want to see personally or you have inside information that they're definitively shopping him around?

I can make up things as well and spin the drivel as being factual. I'm just curious- are you speaking from a place of objectivity or are you just daydreaming?
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#725 » by remi_222 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
remi_222 wrote:

I'm curious, I read your posts and I can tell you're anti-Frank which is totally fine. My only question to you sir is are you speaking from a place of inside sources or are you just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks?

When exactly has the FO mentioned that Frank was being traded this off season? Is this something you want to see personally or you have inside information that they're definitively shopping him around?

I can make up things as well and spin the drivel as being factual. I'm just curious- are you speaking from a place of objectivity or are you just daydreaming?

exactly why i didnt answer ! no space for debate
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#726 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm

remi_222 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
taj2133 wrote:I don't think perry and mills cared if frank is playing france, because it look like they are determine to trade frank either in this draft or the summer time. There isn't going to be playing time here next year for frank with trier, dotson, kadeem allen, rj barret, knox, and dsj.

I didn't mean to come off rude but that poster insults frank constantly, he's been doing that for at least a year now and his/her commenting is just getting really old now.

I read your posts and am so happy to hear Frank is going to play with the national team. Anything to build his confidence and get him playing on the court is a big plus in my book. I hope he builds a close relationship to Batum and learns from him; he should use Nicolas as motivation to the type of player he should want to evolve into.

I still think a lot of his issues here is a combination of injuries (the worst possible timing since before his groin injury he was going to see an increase in minutes after the big KP trade,) and also poor coaching/management. He's already had a couple coaches here, and for whatever reason they gave the majority of minutes to 2 expiring players that have absolutely no future here in Jarrett Jack and Mudiay. There was absolutely no reason for those guys to get the majority of minutes when we have young lottery players who needed the experience of on court play.

Anyway I just hope he stays healthy and has a good offseason with the French national team. I still have high hopes for him here.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#727 » by taj2133 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:

I didn't mean to come off rude but that poster insults frank constantly, he's been doing that for at least a year now and his/her commenting is just getting really old now.

I read your posts and am so happy to hear Frank is going to play with the national team. Anything to build his confidence and get him playing on the court is a big plus in my book. I hope he builds a close relationship to Batum and learns from him; he should use Nicolas as motivation to the type of player he should want to evolve into.

I still think a lot of his issues here is a combination of injuries (the worst possible timing since before his groin injury he was going to see an increase in minutes after the big KP trade,) and also poor coaching/management. He's already had a couple coaches here, and for whatever reason they gave the majority of minutes to 2 expiring players that have absolutely no future here in Jarrett Jack and Mudiay. There was absolutely no reason for those guys to get the majority of minutes when we have young lottery players who needed the experience of on court play.

Anyway I just hope he stays healthy and has a good offseason with the French national team. I still have high hopes for him here.

Here problem with frank is this he has improved in 2 years on his offensive game granted he was injured this past season. Frank offensive game is beyond bad that's they trade for dsj because the knicks new didn't see a future with frank. I give you this frank is great defensive player there is no argument there but in today nba game you have to be a threat on offensive . Perry and mills have made this priority who are there most important young players out robinson, knox, trier,dotson, dsj,kadeem allan, kornet, noah vonlah, mario and possible rj barret if drafted by knicks. The other thing is this for frank is this 2 coaches have disrespected frank hornseck and fizdale because they didn't believe in him. There comes a point for frank to know this its not going to workout here because they invested in other people who the knicks feel who are more important than frank. I been on record i said this about frank the only person i wouldn't trade frank for is lonzo ball because lonzo ball is to much drama and needs to grow up. Frank is good teammate and good guy can't say that about lonzo ball.
Jscratch1200
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#728 » by Jscratch1200 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:48 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
remi_222 wrote:

Here problem with frank is this he has improved in 2 years on his offensive game granted he was injured this past season. Frank offensive game is beyond bad that's they trade for dsj because the knicks new didn't see a future with frank. I give you this frank is great defensive player there is no argument there but in today nba game you have to be a threat on offensive . Perry and mills have made this priority who are there most important young players out robinson, knox, trier,dotson, dsj,kadeem allan, kornet, noah vonlah, mario and possible rj barret if drafted by knicks. The other thing is this for frank is this 2 coaches have disrespected frank hornseck and fizdale because they didn't believe in him. There comes a point for frank to know this its not going to workout here because they invested in other people who the knicks feel who are more important than frank. I been on record i said this about frank the only person i wouldn't trade frank for is lonzo ball because lonzo ball is to much drama and needs to grow up. Frank is good teammate and good guy can't say that about lonzo ball.
Mario and Vonleh are all free agents. Allen was signed to a 2 way contract. Not sure why the front office would consider them priority young players over Frank.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#729 » by taj2133 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm

Jscratch1200 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:

Mario and Vonleh are all free agents. Allen was signed to a 2 way contract. Not sure why the front office would consider them priority young players over Frank.

Kadeem Allen is priority he was susposed to go to nba finals game 4 with one the knicks assistant coaches instead his flight got cancelled. I think the knicks like vonleh development at power forward position he was up and down this season but he played hard this season. Mario was weird this season and wasn't worth the 6 million dollars but played good at the end of season plus he has history with perry.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#730 » by NYKAL » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:33 pm

^pretty sure Von has played his way into a bigger contract that what the Knicks are willing to offer.
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#731 » by remi_222 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:

i do absolutely agree with everything thx
Jscratch1200
Sophomore

Post#732 » by Jscratch1200 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Jscratch1200 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:Here problem with frank is this he has improved in 2 years on his offensive game granted he was injured this past season. Frank offensive game is beyond bad that's they trade for dsj because the knicks new didn't see a future with frank. I give you this frank is great defensive player there is no argument there but in today nba game you have to be a threat on offensive . Perry and mills have made this priority who are there most important young players out robinson, knox, trier,dotson, dsj,kadeem allan, kornet, noah vonlah, mario and possible rj barret if drafted by knicks. The other thing is this for frank is this 2 coaches have disrespected frank hornseck and fizdale because they didn't believe in him. There comes a point for frank to know this its not going to workout here because they invested in other people who the knicks feel who are more important than frank. I been on record i said this about frank the only person i wouldn't trade frank for is lonzo ball because lonzo ball is to much drama and needs to grow up. Frank is good teammate and good guy can't say that about lonzo ball.

Kadeem Allen is priority he was susposed to go to nba finals game 4 with one the knicks assistant coaches instead his flight got cancelled. I think the knicks like vonleh development at power forward position he was up and down this season but he played hard this season. Mario was weird this season and wasn't worth the 6 million dollars but played good at the end of season plus he has history with perry.
I feel like Mario and Vonleh are guys that you wait till sign to fill out the roster. The problem is if they will come on a team friendly contract.

I like them, but will they be available or fit a need after the draft/ go after bigger targets in free agency?
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#733 » by NYKHardKnock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Looks to have changed his form a bit!

Will he be in SL?
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#734 » by Jose7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:42 pm

Quicker and higher release
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#735 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:00 am

Vonleh might still be affordable. I don’t think he shot the 3 ball well enough to really lock up a bigger bag.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#736 » by aq_ua » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:29 am

PG :
SG/ SF
PF/C :

Louis Labeyrie even made the cut. I’m surprised Fredrick isn’t there.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#737 » by DOT » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:34 am

And just to re-iterate for the people missing it

30% eFG against Frank in isolation

26% turnover rate against Frank in the PnR

Dude has all the potential to become one of the best defensive guards in the league if he's this good at age 20. All he needs is a consistent 3 pointer and he's an extremely valuable commodity
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jscratch1200
Sophomore

Post#738 » by Jscratch1200 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:22 am

K-DOT wrote:And just to re-iterate for the people missing it

30% eFG against Frank in isolation

26% turnover rate against Frank in the PnR

Dude has all the potential to become one of the best defensive guards in the league if he's this good at age 20. All he needs is a consistent 3 pointer and he's an extremely valuable commodity

I'm rooting for the kid. I'm sure he know what he needs to improve on. A few tweaks to his game and he'll be a solid player for sure.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#739 » by malik959 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:50 am

NYKHardKnock wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks to have changed his form a bit!

Will he be in SL?

Less height on his jump, niiiiice, keep working on it.
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#740 » by remi_222 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 am

aq_ua wrote:

PG :
SG/ SF
PF/C :

Louis Labeyrie even made the cut. I’m surprised Fredrick isn’t there.

Louis Labeyrie has progressed A LOT ! Won the Eurocup with Valencia with a crucial role !!

Frederique Weis is still looking for more kleenex thinking abt Vince ...

Return to New York Knicks