Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

15Years
Veteran
And1: 7,012

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#781 » by 15Years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:51 pm

gst8 wrote:I haven't seen anything from the behavior of Raptor fans on this board that leads me to believe this is just a small percentage of fans we're talking about. You've been building a reputation for yourselves long before the incident(s) in question.

Oh yeah detective gumshoe let's see the receipts
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#782 » by whysoserious » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 pm

gst8 wrote:I haven't seen anything from the behavior of Raptor fans on this board that leads me to believe this is just a small percentage of fans we're talking about. You've been building a reputation for yourselves long before the incident(s) in question.

Yes, please provide examples of this supposed reputation because up until this incident they've been regularly commented on as being great fans. Fans that travel and support their teams, there's been 0 incidents in away cities or anything. There's been no violence or anything up until recently. Please go on about this supposed reputation that's been building.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#783 » by Matty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Isn't it too soon to be joining the "hate Canada" bandwagon that includes Philly & MKE fans :lol:

You still have life in this series, enjoy it buddy.
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,123

Post#784 » by AdagioPace » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:57 pm

they've gone full " sugarfree european soccer" :D
still a long way to go to reach the supreme vandalic stage
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,247

Post#785 » by TacoLord » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

So does this mean Toronto is Canada's Philadelphia?
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Re: Shame on Raps fans... 

Post#786 » by freethedevil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Middle Child wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
People are not the same everywhere. Raptors fans are doing this. Majority of them. Did you see the reaction in “Jurassic Park” they acted like y’all won.

Downright disrespectful, scumbag behavior that should not be defended by you nor anyone. You want them to win that bad you’re celebrating an injury or defending those who celebrated it.

Fans didn’t cheer until they were told too, that’s crap they didn’t wanna do that. And here we thought that Canada was full of people with class and integrity. Intolerable behavior they showed at KD.

Stop being a troll.

People are the same everywhere. Every fanbase has douche bags. There's nothing special about Raptors fans vs Celtics fans vs Jazz fans.

Remember when Jazz fans booed Derek Fisher for leaving to get his daughter better medical treatment? Remember how there have been racial slurs slung by different fanbases? Are those fanbases all scum? No.

**** people exist everywhere. Give me a break.

First of all watch how you talk to me. I’m not being a troll.

Utah is notoriously known for behavior like that.

People are not the same everywhere. What about Raps fans verbally attacking Steph’s mom?

You saying people are jerks everywhere is excusing this type of behavior. This exactly the issue with this world. No accountability

Yes, I'm sure that toronto's variation of oxygen makes people more likely to attack an athtletes mom. This is clearly a "toronto" problem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The gymanstics people will go through to protect this dude's feels:
Read on Twitter
?lang=en

:lol: :lol:

Cousins out here bitching about how he's treated like a superstar when the only reason you're getting this kind of overreaction is because of your status as a superstar.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#787 » by 13th Man » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:33 pm

coldfish wrote:
13th Man wrote:
coldfish wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=nhABXZGTKYOl_Qaev4XQDg&q=raptors+cheer+durant+injury&oq=raptors+cheer+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i324l3j0i10j0i3j0i10l2j0j0i10l2.1557.7123..10133...5.0..0.172.2120.11j9......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0i131i70i251.0AiLV2wnSdA

NBC, ABC, CBS, Usatoday, NY Post, Sports Illustrated, Fox, Yahoo, Huffpro, yada, yada, yada

Many players chimed in, even from different sports.

All of the talking heads (Jim Rome, Kellerman, Stephen A Smith, etc.) gave their take on it.

This got a ton of coverage. It might not be covered like 9/11 or something but its just basketball. For a basketball related event, this got covered about as heavily as anything.

It was a story the folowoing day of course but then they let it go. Is it suprising to the GB that most of these takes defended the Raptors fans and gave them the benefit of the doubt under these conditions?

It's definitely not the same narrative that is trying to be painted here.

A few hundred Raptor fans cheer Durant's injury
Raptor fans: Heeeeey! The actions of a few does not reflect the views of the many

A small percentage of Realgm posters keep posting about the issue
Raptor fans: Heeeeey! The GB is blowing this way out of proportion!

If you want people to accept that in any large group of people, there are always going to be some jerks salted in, you are going to have to accept that in any large group of people, there are always going to be some jerks salted in.

KD's achilles thread has 1200 posts, this one has 800. Considering that KD's achilles injury is 10x more important than this issue here, I would say yes, this has definitely been blown out of proportion. The salt is real.
tradejosehesux
Starter
And1: 3,858

Post#788 » by tradejosehesux » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:42 pm

coldfish wrote:
13th Man wrote:
coldfish wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=nhABXZGTKYOl_Qaev4XQDg&q=raptors+cheer+durant+injury&oq=raptors+cheer+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i324l3j0i10j0i3j0i10l2j0j0i10l2.1557.7123..10133...5.0..0.172.2120.11j9......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0i131i70i251.0AiLV2wnSdA

NBC, ABC, CBS, Usatoday, NY Post, Sports Illustrated, Fox, Yahoo, Huffpro, yada, yada, yada

Many players chimed in, even from different sports.

All of the talking heads (Jim Rome, Kellerman, Stephen A Smith, etc.) gave their take on it.

This got a ton of coverage. It might not be covered like 9/11 or something but its just basketball. For a basketball related event, this got covered about as heavily as anything.

It was a story the folowoing day of course but then they let it go. Is it suprising to the GB that most of these takes defended the Raptors fans and gave them the benefit of the doubt under these conditions?

It's definitely not the same narrative that is trying to be painted here.

A few hundred Raptor fans cheer Durant's injury
Raptor fans: Heeeeey! The actions of a few does not reflect the views of the many

A small percentage of Realgm posters keep posting about the issue
Raptor fans: Heeeeey! The GB is blowing this way out of proportion!

If you want people to accept that in any large group of people, there are always going to be some jerks salted in, you are going to have to accept that in any large group of people, there are always going to be some jerks salted in.

We all know this board has overblown the entire thing because Raptor fans dominate the board, and most of them are overly sensitive. If this was committed by other fan bases (which it has many times and is well documented) it wouldn't have received near the attention.

I post on several other basketball boards and while the matter was discussed, they all agreed there would have been the exact same fan reaction in every NBA arena given the EXACT same circumstances where emotions were running wild. They also agreed that no fan base should ever have to apologize for the behavior of a percentage of idiots, since every city has them. I am in no way condoning the disgusting behavior that several fans engaged in, but the General Board is turning it into a circus because of their obvious disdain for the Raptors and maybe even Canada.
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#789 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Reality is that all this crap we've witnessed would happen in any city. It's human nature and it's disgusting no doubt. But to taint an entire city and organization because of a few dumbass puckhead turned raptors fans is just ludicrous.

Ya'll think this dude been following the raptors for 20+ years? Nope. Probably started following them once they became relevant and especially after the 2nd round of the playoffs. This overgrown man child and the others waving do not represent our team or city.

As a diehard raps fan, I despise this dude but I understand the severity of the moment and the effects of alcohol. I truly wish ppl acted with more class.

An Unbiased Fan
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#790 » by An Unbiased Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:43 pm

TacoLord wrote:So does this mean Toronto is Canada's Philadelphia?

The rest of Canada already view them that way.
7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#791 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:47 pm

An Unbiased Fan wrote:
TacoLord wrote:So does this mean Toronto is Canada's Philadelphia?

The rest of Canada already view them that way.

Right right, you forget the vancouver riots?

There are some really trashy fans ALL over Canada. It's a human thing, not a city thing,

Please don't make idiotic assumptions with a skip bayless avatar. Not doing yourself any favors.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,879

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#792 » by Effigy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm

CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:At 0:05 in the video they absolutely cheer. And physically assaulting players is inexcusable and far worse than just cheering an injury.

Lol. That's not what a cheer sounds like. And the commentators even EXPLAIN that the crowd is reacting to the replay they are being shown (that we can't see) They didn't like the replay and are expressing that dislike. If you can't even tell what is happening when the commentators are explaining it to you, I don't really know how to help you.

The commentator said "the crowd's reacting to the replay," not that they disliked a call. And they were cheering. I could literally loop the cheer and re-upload to Youtube myself.

Oh, and don't think we'll forget about them physically assaulting Kyle Lowry either. Ignoring it won't make that go away.

Right. He said they are reacting to the replay. That’s what the noise at the five second mark that you think is a cheer is referring to. It’s not a cheer, it’s a grumbling crowd that didn’t like what they were seeing on the replay. but even if it were a cheer, it’s reacting to the replay they are seeing on the screen of the play, not the image we are seeing of Kawhi rolling around on the floor.

Who’s ‘them’ that physically assaulted Kyrie? You mean Mark Stevens? So you meant to say ‘him’?
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#793 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 pm

WebEmbiid wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
WebEmbiid wrote:Raptors fan in that arena did no wrong. Their team is at war for the ultimate prize and they were 3 quarters away from it happening.

All is fair in war.

Except this is not war, its a basketball game?

Except its not just a basketball game, its a potential first championship for a major basketball city/country.

Its not right or tasteful to cheer an injury, but understand their perspective.

At the end of the day, freedom and lives are not at stake in sports. I understand the importance though but it doesn't make it right to be disgusting human beings even in instances of actual war. Is rape, torture, killing innocent civilians etc. right in war as well?
WebEmbiid
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#794 » by WebEmbiid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:24 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
WebEmbiid wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
Except this is not war, its a basketball game?

Except its not just a basketball game, its a potential first championship for a major basketball city/country.

At the end of the day, freedom and lives are not at stake in sports. I understand the importance though but it doesn't make it right to be disgusting human beings even in instances of actual war. Is rape, torture, killing innocent civilians etc. right in war as well?

I understand you're upset, you have a right to be.

But the Toronto crowd redeemed themselves after the initial reaction, everything was in the heat of the moment.

Where do you think arena based entertainment originated from?
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,340

HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#795 » by Courtside » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Gawd these Raptor fans are so awful. They do not deserve to win a title!!

MISSISSAUGA:

Read on Twitter

KINGSTON:

TIMMINS:

ROCKFORD, IL:

https://www.wifr.com/content/news/Fans-filling-up-City-Market-Pavillion-for-Fred-VanVleet-watch-party-511102491.html

ALMONTE, ON (Home of James Naismith):

SASKATOON:

REGINA:

WINDSOR:

ABBOTTSFORD:

GUELPH:

BARRIE:

LONDON:

RED DEER:

MONTREAL:

ORANGEVILLE:

WATERLOO:

HAMILTON:

HALIFAX:

BRAMPTON:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D75-Z4nWsAEENuX.jpg

NEWMARKET:

BURLINGTON:

SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#796 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:37 pm

WebEmbiid wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
WebEmbiid wrote:

I understand you're upset, you have a right to be.

But the Toronto crowd redeemed themselves after the initial reaction, everything was in the heat of the moment.

Where do you think arena based entertainment originated from?

Heat of the moment, I understand. Fans waving goodbye to a man laying on the ground who suffered a severe injury is not in the heat of the moment and not understandable. Fans chanting in excitement f**** KD when it is clear the man was injured is not okay. That fan who wrote that disgusting snapchat caption is a scumbag.

The classy fans I respect. Like I said in previous posts, I do not like to generalize. There were disgusting actions from people that day, and respectful actions as well from the same fanbase.

Imagine your son or daughter breaking their leg in a sports game and having opposing parents cheering and laughing at your child.

I don't care that sports evolved from arena based entertainment..Why do you think we dont fight to the death anymore for people's enjoyment?
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#797 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 pm

"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#798 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 pm

You are trying too hard.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#799 » by Roddy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm

levon
RealGM
And1: 23,008

Post#800 » by levon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm

everdiso wrote:Image

arent these t-rexes?

Return to The General Board