Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NewEra21
Pro Prospect
And1: 414

Re: Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread 

Post#21 » by NewEra21 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:13 pm

GatorbaitDD wrote:
NewEra21 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Would the Bulls trade back from 7?

14, 20, 22, 2020 ATL 2nd for 7?

Celtics draft Coby White to fill the PG hole.

Hard to say if Garpax would but I would do that deal. Take BPA at #14. Take #20 and Felicio, maybe Dunn too, for Conley. Sign a vet big. Maybe Pat Beverly take a little less to come home, due to his social media presence practically recruiting himself to Chicago. Management has said they want to make a playoff push this year by getting veterans.

Conley / Beverley
Lavine / Valentine /#14
Porter Jr / Hutchinson
Markkanen / #22
Carter Jr / Vet big

Conley and Porter Jr's contracts line up to end in 2021 where the FA class is much sexier. I could roll with that.

I agree that the Bulls will go for a vet PG and Conley is the perfect fit contractually. Not sold that 20 + Felicio + Dunn gets the deal dne though. Probably takes 14.

I would counter with #20 and Memphis gets their 2019 and 2020 2nd rounders back. (Bulls own both)
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#22 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:51 pm

I like 20 and 22 for 13.

But my big Boston question is what happens with Horford??
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Rich Paul adamant AD will explore 2020 free agency, warns Celtics 

Post#23 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Paul also confirms that he warned off the Boston Celtics of their interest.

“They can trade for him, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul says. “I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul.”

Ultimately, any team trading for Davis will do so without any assurances.

“Where he’s going to land? I have no idea,” Paul says. “And it don’t matter. We’re going into free agency. Why does it matter to me where he goes? Earth: We’re going into free agency. He has a year, he has to play. But after that, I can’t say it no bigger: WE ARE GOING INTO FREE AGENCY. 2020: ANTHONY DAVIS WILL BE IN FREE AGENCY.”

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254168/Rich-Paul-Anthony-Davis-Will-Explore-2020-Free-Agency-Regardless-Of-Trade-Destination
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,702

Re: Rich Paul adamant AD will explore 2020 free agency, warns Celtics 

Post#24 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Laimbeer wrote:

“They can trade for him, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul says. “I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul.”

“Where he’s going to land? I have no idea,” Paul says. “And it don’t matter. We’re going into free agency. Why does it matter to me where he goes? Earth: We’re going into free agency. He has a year, he has to play. But after that, I can’t say it no bigger: WE ARE GOING INTO FREE AGENCY. 2020: ANTHONY DAVIS WILL BE IN FREE AGENCY.”

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254168/Rich-Paul-Anthony-Davis-Will-Explore-2020-Free-Agency-Regardless-Of-Trade-Destination

merged this here. Maybe it deserves its own thread, but I'm afraid it will just become Boston vs the world and we don't really need that. Especially when despite the headline this really isn't just about Boston.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Re: Rich Paul adamant AD will explore 2020 free agency, warns Celtics 

Post#25 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

merged this here. Maybe it deserves its own thread, but I'm afraid it will just become Boston vs the world and we don't really need that. Especially when despite the headline this really isn't just about Boston.

Fair enough, just put those two things in the headline because they were the biggest takeaways to me.
saints63213
Senior
And1: 24

Post#26 » by saints63213 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:23 pm

At what point does Rich Paul actions undermine the integrity of the NBA and the commissioner has to step in?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#27 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:41 pm

saints63213 wrote:At what point does Rich Paul actions undermine the integrity of the NBA and the commissioner has to step in?

when some of his clients start seeing that his moves affect other of his clients and not them, he will reign back or have clients leave him.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 pm

saints63213 wrote:At what point does Rich Paul actions undermine the integrity of the NBA and the commissioner has to step in?

I mean it's not a great look but he's not breaking any rules and I'm not sure what rules you could make that would prevent this type of thing. He's paid to represent his client and if his client isn't going to commit to a team, you can't stop him from informing that team.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,525

Post#29 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Paul is doing what he can to get his player where he wants to go, and with as much left there as possible. If I were a player, it definitely wouldn’t turn me off on him.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,702

Post#30 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Paul is doing what he can to get his player where he wants to go, and with as much left there as possible. If I were a player, it definitely wouldn’t turn me off on him.

Exactly.

And if AD thinks Paul is putting Lebron's interests ahead of his own then its on him to replace him. To me this all reeks of people deciding that Paul can't possibly be qualified because he was friends with Lebron from way back. That's just silly and more than a little racist/elitist. Lots of capable people come from tough situations. Did Lebron's connections help him? Of course they did. Just like countless other agents connections helped them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#31 » by loserX » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:56 pm

News but not really:

Read on Twitter
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#32 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:57 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I like 20 and 22 for 13.

But my big Boston question is what happens with Horford??

I'm torn here. If he opts out he could get paid in a multi year deal, but 30m is a lot to walk away from, and if he's as effective this year as he has been the last few years he could enter FA in 2020 where there aren't a lot of names and still come away with a 3 year deal in the 15-20 per range.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#33 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:58 pm

loserX wrote:News but not really:

Read on Twitter

I mean other than Beal who might qualify here? That's way too much for DD. Maybe RoCo but I don't think he's available.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Also an LA Times report that the Pels really want Kuzma and the Lakers don't want to give him up, and that the Pels may be okay with LA keeping 4 if Kuzma is in??

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-anthony-davis-kyle-kuzma-20190612-story.html
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#35 » by pelifan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 pm

if we get a vet, Ball and Ingram for Davis I have no hope for this franchise. 4 is the piece you want to keep you morons!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#36 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Paul is doing what he can to get his player where he wants to go, and with as much left there as possible. If I were a player, it definitely wouldn’t turn me off on him.

Exactly.

And if AD thinks Paul is putting Lebron's interests ahead of his own then its on him to replace him. To me this all reeks of people deciding that Paul can't possibly be qualified because he was friends with Lebron from way back. That's just silly and more than a little racist/elitist. Lots of capable people come from tough situations. Did Lebron's connections help him? Of course they did. Just like countless other agents connections helped them.

I always wonder how much goodwill with front offices is actually worth in the NBA. Klutch is clearly calculating that it's overrated but I'm guessing there could be some back-end costs for his other clients.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 pm

pelifan wrote:if we get a vet, Ball and Ingram for Davis I have no hope for this franchise. 4 is the piece you want to keep you morons!

Who would you want at 4? Garland? Or someone like Culver/Hunter?
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#38 » by Resistance » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:35 pm

pelifan wrote:if we get a vet, Ball and Ingram for Davis I have no hope for this franchise. 4 is the piece you want to keep you morons!

There is a rumor on a LA board that New Orleans would rather have Kuzma than the #4.

Is there any truth to that?
pelifan
RealGM

Post#39 » by pelifan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:36 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Who would you want at 4? Garland? Or someone like Culver/Hunter?

Id be fine with any of them, I flip flop daily, but I like all 3 more than Barrett. Just like the idea of building through the draft with a cost controlled young player for 4 years. Thats better than 2 years of Ball or 1 year of Ingram.
pelifan
RealGM

Post#40 » by pelifan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Resistance wrote:

There is a rumor on a LA board that New Orleans would rather have Kuzma than the #4.

Is there any truth to that?

I really doubt it. If NO is that dumb the deal would be done already. Unless LA is that dumb too.

Return to Trades and Transactions