Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Re: Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread 

Post#41 » by MUpacersSIC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Resistance wrote:
pelifan wrote:if we get a vet, Ball and Ingram for Davis I have no hope for this franchise. 4 is the piece you want to keep you morons!

There is a rumor on a LA board that New Orleans would rather have Kuzma than the #4.

Is there any truth to that?

It was put out by the LAtimes, so likely not.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#42 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Pels wanting to trade a draft pick for a vet is an pelican annual tradition that should be stopped.

I'll be shocked if there is any truth to that they value Kuzma over pick 4.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,792

Post#43 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:55 pm

pelifan wrote:
Resistance wrote:
pelifan wrote:if we get a vet, Ball and Ingram for Davis I have no hope for this franchise. 4 is the piece you want to keep you morons!

There is a rumor on a LA board that New Orleans would rather have Kuzma than the #4.

Is there any truth to that?

I really doubt it. If NO is that dumb the deal would be done already. Unless LA is that dumb too.

It came from the LA Times I think fwiw. Not sure if anyone else is independently reporting that.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#44 » by orlando_joe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Paul is doing what he can to get his player where he wants to go, and with as much left there as possible. If I were a player, it definitely wouldn’t turn me off on him.

Exactly.

And if AD thinks Paul is putting Lebron's interests ahead of his own then its on him to replace him. To me this all reeks of people deciding that Paul can't possibly be qualified because he was friends with Lebron from way back. That's just silly and more than a little racist/elitist. Lots of capable people come from tough situations. Did Lebron's connections help him? Of course they did. Just like countless other agents connections helped them.

why does everything have to be about race?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,347

Post#45 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Paul is doing what he can to get his player where he wants to go, and with as much left there as possible. If I were a player, it definitely wouldn’t turn me off on him.

Exactly.

And if AD thinks Paul is putting Lebron's interests ahead of his own then its on him to replace him. To me this all reeks of people deciding that Paul can't possibly be qualified because he was friends with Lebron from way back. That's just silly and more than a little racist/elitist. Lots of capable people come from tough situations. Did Lebron's connections help him? Of course they did. Just like countless other agents connections helped them.

why does everything have to be about race?

who says everything does?

I think this particular issue is partially about race so I brought it up. And am I wrong? People assume Rich Paul isn't qualified for his job and has it just because he's Lebron's friend. I think we would be naive to think race and social class aren't playing a part in people who really have no idea what they are talking about making these types of statements.

You know me well enough on this board to know I don't go around playing the race card ever. But I'm also not going to pretend race isn't a factor at times either. That would also be a bad thing, no?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#46 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Harris and Nets with mutual interest. Is that Kyrie, DLo, Harris? Or does Kyrie join Bron and AD? And how does that impact Phillys plans if Harris leaves?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#47 » by kalenclayton » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Harris and Nets with mutual interest. Is that Kyrie, DLo, Harris? Or does Kyrie join Bron and AD? And how does that impact Phillys plans if Harris leaves?

I think it would be crazy for Harris to leave Philly if he’s just joining DLo in BKN. It only makes sense if Kyrie is there too. Harris is set with Philly. Get your money and be the 3/4 option. He can be efficient and effective that way. He will have more of a shot at a title there too.

That being said, if it’s Kyrie, Harris, and DLo in Brooklyn, I think they have a bright future. They already have a good young squad that likes to run. Adding more star power to that would be killer.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,347

Post#48 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:30 pm

kalenclayton wrote:I think it would be crazy for Harris to leave Philly if he’s just joining DLo in BKN.

I think to be fair, we have to acknowledge that players factor in other things besides just the quality of the team on the court. The city matters, the personalities matter, the role the team envisions for you matters, maybe you have a wife or significant other whose input you value, etc.....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#49 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Harris and Nets with mutual interest. Is that Kyrie, DLo, Harris? Or does Kyrie join Bron and AD? And how does that impact Phillys plans if Harris leaves?

I think they have to renounce DLo to add two max contract guys, barring dealing out more salary.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I think it would be crazy for Harris to leave Philly if he’s just joining DLo in BKN.

I think to be fair, we have to acknowledge that players factor in other things besides just the quality of the team on the court. The city matters, the personalities matter, the role the team envisions for you matters, maybe you have a wife or significant other whose input you value, etc.....

Also, Atkinson's brother coached Tobias in high school. Trust probably plays in.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

I think they have to renounce DLo to add two max contract guys, barring dealing out more salary.

I think they can move Dinwiddie and have enough for two 33m max players. I guess Harris is definitely getting the max though unless money isn’t as important (lol)
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#52 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 pm

I think we’re all going to be surprised at how little AD fetches

I mean, people are caught up like it’s Giannis, or LeBron/Harden in their primes

AD has always been IMO overrated. He’s never led a highly winning team, and it’s questionable whether s finishing big like him really transforms the game in today’s nba

AD has never led anything but a perimeter playoff team. I think there is sound reason why you wouldn’t fork over as much as what’s being discussed, particularly if there is good reason he can leave. I can see the Knicks being reticent on 3/Mitch/picks. I can also see the Lakers not offering the total, unequivocal farm if there is a chance he can join in FA a year later
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,983

Post#53 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:49 pm

BoogieTime wrote:I think we’re all going to be surprised at how little AD fetches

I mean, people are caught up like it’s Giannis, or LeBron/Harden in their primes

AD has always been IMO overrated. He’s never led a highly winning team, and it’s questionable whether s finishing big like him really transforms the game in today’s nba

AD has never led anything but a perimeter playoff team. I think there is sound reason why you wouldn’t fork over as much as what’s being discussed, particularly if there is good reason he can leave. I can see the Knicks being reticent on 3/Mitch/picks. I can also see the Lakers not offering the total, unequivocal farm if there is a chance he can join in FA a year later

I suspect things fall apart quickly in L.A. if A.D. is traded elsewhere. More than any other team, they need to land him.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Didn't see a thread on it, and not sure if it deserves its own thread, but Houston apparently claimed Deyonta Davis on waivers. My question is, did they claim him to keep him, or just to be able to add him in as salary matching trade filler this summer?
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,770

Post#55 » by Karate Diop » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Didn't see a thread on it, and not sure if it deserves its own thread, but Houston apparently claimed Deyonta Davis on waivers. My question is, did they claim him to keep him, or just to be able to add him in as salary matching trade filler this summer?

My thought when initially reading it was that they were claiming him to potentially use in a trade come the summer...
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#56 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Didn't see a thread on it, and not sure if it deserves its own thread, but Houston apparently claimed Deyonta Davis on waivers. My question is, did they claim him to keep him, or just to be able to add him in as salary matching trade filler this summer?

Definitely feels like a Morey salary move.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:06 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254194/Knicks-Nets-Still-Interesting-In-Signing-Kevin-Durant-Kyrie-Irving-Together

Can this really work? Seems very risky that 1. KD returns to himself (I hope so and think so) 2. Kyrie and a squad of misfit toys doesn’t become untenable from a chemistry perspective while KD recovers.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,695

Post#58 » by Domejandro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254194/Knicks-Nets-Still-Interesting-In-Signing-Kevin-Durant-Kyrie-Irving-Together

Can this really work? Seems very risky that 1. KD returns to himself (I hope so and think so) 2. Kyrie and a squad of misfit toys doesn’t become untenable from a chemistry perspective while KD recovers.

It is why I still am feeling like Brooklyn will attempt to trade for Anthony Davis, it feels like they need to go "all-in" if they are bringing in Kyrie and Durant.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,481

Post#59 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:05 am

Clippers have been quiet rumorwise
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#60 » by blind prophet » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:25 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:Clippers have been quiet rumorwise

They've got some interesting chips on the table too. Blake trade came out of nowhere, Harris....

You never know.

Return to Trades and Transactions