Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

teke184
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,391

Re: Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade 

Post#321 » by teke184 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 am

JC28 wrote:
teke184 wrote:The Lake Show is apparently in a snit about trade talks leaking.

Considering that the entire Pels FO has turned over in the last six months, I think their investigation should either focus internally on their own people or on Klutch.

It's Klutch. They leak and and turn around and point the finger at the Pels. Perhaps Pelinka/Buss are dumb enough to believe it, but I doubt it. Problem is there is nothing they can do about it. They can't really do anything besides play along though. They know it does them no good to bump heads with LBJ/Klutch.

If this whole mess fails to bring in AD and they fail on free agency, there’s going to be a LOT of bloodletting between the Lakers and LeBron / Klutch.
ragesincemdxvi
Junior
And1: 374

Post#322 » by ragesincemdxvi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:22 am

Probably the godfather of an offer Ainge promised the pelicans is Smart, Yabusele and a pick :lol:
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#323 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 am

jfs1000d wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:I really don't understand it from the Celtics POV. Kyrie looks like he's gone, so why give up your assets for AD, whether he stays or leaves?

You think Boston was that Enamored by Kyrie?

They think a Davis/Hayward/Horford and what is left can get them a title. I think it can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#324 » by TheGOATWill » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 am

JC28 wrote:

Considering that the entire Pels FO has turned over in the last six months, I think their investigation should either focus internally on their own people or on Klutch.

It's Klutch. They leak and and turn around and point the finger at the Pels. Perhaps Pelinka/Buss are dumb enough to believe it, but I doubt it. Problem is there is nothing they can do about it. They can't really do anything besides play along though. They know it does them no good to bump heads with LBJ/Klutch.

Does RP have a glass up to the door?
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,488

Post#325 » by Jazz9 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 am

Even after all that I don't know about AD to the Lakers...
PG was supposed to go to the Lakers, he's in OKC
Kawhi? Now in Toronto

And they're leaking from everywhere, same as in last February when nothing happened in the end.

We might get another surprise team like with OKC and Toronto.
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#326 » by Klayforspicy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 am

jfs1000d wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:I really don't understand it from the Celtics POV. Kyrie looks like he's gone, so why give up your assets for AD, whether he stays or leaves?

They think a Davis/Hayward/Horford and what is left can get them a title. I think it can.

Winning a title is a tall order, my guy.
JC28
Junior
And1: 79

Post#327 » by JC28 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 am

teke184 wrote:
JC28 wrote:

If this whole mess fails to bring in AD and they fail on free agency, there’s going to be a LOT of bloodletting between the Lakers and LeBron / Klutch.

Only if the Lakers leave something off the table, which is why if I'm NOP I'm in no hurry to make a trade w/LAL if they feel there are still pieces to be had. Klutch has already shown they are okay with the "godfather" offer and I don't see why that's changed. NOP should take what they want and tell LAL to trade off any thing else of value for future picks. A bit extreme/unrealistic but I'd milk every less asset out of them.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,412

Post#328 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:38 am

jfs1000d wrote:

No it can't :lol:

That team is still 4th best in the East.
mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#329 » by mtron929 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 am

The Celtics should still trade for AD regardless of Kyrie's whereabouts. Tatum+Smart+3 to 4 first round picks should do it. You roll out Point Guard/Brown/Hayward/Horford/AD. Every one plays the position that they are comfortable as there isn't a minutes crunch for anyone. This team can win the championship next season. It seems like such an easy decision to me.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,981

Post#330 » by jfs1000d » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

Nah. Either Davis is a generational talent or not. If he is, they are as good as any team in the east. You’ll see.

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#331 » by walk with me » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 am

Is it possible for brow to end up in Brooklyn?
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#332 » by laika » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 am

So the rumor is that the Lakers are offering Ingram/Ball/4th pick.

The Pelicans should take that. No one is going to give a better offer than that for a player on a 1 year contract who could just leave after.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM

Post#333 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

jfs1000d wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

Nah. Either Davis is a generational talent or not. If he is, they are as good as any team in the east. You’ll see.

If AD was this generational talent, he wouldn't have missed the playoffs numerous times already. You aren't winning a title if he's your #1 option. Great 2nd option though.

Kawhi, Giannis and Embiid are all better than him.

Hayward is finished and Horford has declined a lot. That team is still a 2nd round team.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#334 » by lakerz12 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

Jazz9 wrote:Even after all that I don't know about AD to the Lakers...
PG was supposed to go to the Lakers, he's in OKC
Kawhi? Now in Toronto

And they're leaking from everywhere, same as in last February when nothing happened in the end.

We might get another surprise team like with OKC and Toronto.

What about Lebron?
mtron929
Head Coach

Post#335 » by mtron929 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

laika wrote:So the rumor is that the Lakers are offering Ingram/Ball/4th pick.

The Pelicans should take that. No one is going to give a better offer than that for a player on a 1 year contract who could just leave after.

Ainge can top it with Tatum/Smart/14th pick, 20th pick, Memphis pick. And he should. AD is no different from anyone else who is in their mid 20's. You are extremely fickle about where you want to live and after 1 year worth of time, he can grow to like Boston. It happens to a lot of people whether they are rich or poor.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,981

Post#336 » by jfs1000d » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 am

mtron929 wrote:The Celtics should still trade for AD regardless of Kyrie's whereabouts. Tatum+Smart+3 to 4 first round picks should do it. You roll out Point Guard/Brown/Hayward/Horford/AD. Every one plays the position that they are comfortable as there isn't a minutes crunch for anyone. This team can win the championship next season. It seems like such an easy decision to me.

That team is still sick, especially if Hayward is back. I think getting away from iso ball will
Help him.

mtron929
Head Coach

Post#337 » by mtron929 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:45 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

If AD was this generational talent, he wouldn't have missed the playoffs numerous times already. You aren't winning a title if he's your #1 option. Great 2nd option though.

Hayward is finished and Horford has declined a lot. That team is still a 2nd round team.

But Tatum is even less of a generational talent. Marcus Smart is a role player. 14th pick, 20th pick, etc. are going to be role players. What is the risk here? Not much.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM

Post#338 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 am

mtron929 wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

But Tatum is even less of a generational talent. Marcus Smart is a role player. 14th pick, 20th pick, etc. are going to be role players. What is the risk here? Not much.

Well there isn't much from Boston's POV.

I still don't think the team improves much from the past season though.

Ainge has misused his assets for me. He sat on them too long.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#339 » by laika » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 am

mtron929 wrote:
laika wrote:So the rumor is that the Lakers are offering Ingram/Ball/4th pick.

Ainge can top it with Tatum/Smart/14th pick, 20th pick, Memphis pick. And he should. AD is no different from anyone else who is in their mid 20's. You are extremely fickle about where you want to live and after 1 year worth of time, he can grow to like Boston. It happens to a lot of people whether they are rich or poor.

WAYYYY too risky. You gut your team for a possible one year rental? That would be insane.
The Lakers can only offer so much because they need Davis immediately and he wants to play there.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,510

Post#340 » by Kalela » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:
Kalela wrote:
Michael Jordan wrote:I don't think Boston should do it if they have to give up Tatum

Tatum a decent young player with a potential to become a better player. AD, on the other hand, is a top 10 player now. Take a chance on him and win now and hope he changes his mind. You can always draft more Tatums but it is damn near impossible to get another AD.

He isn't changing his mind on the Celtics. That seems pretty obvious at this stage of the game.

If he leaves, he leaves. It is a gamble.
Fire Mazzulla

Return to The General Board