NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#281 » by Sisqo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 pm

GameChannel wrote:
Sisqo wrote:
GameChannel wrote:Raptors got this. This is likely not going to game 7. As much as I hate him for what he did to my Spurs, Kawhi is in God-mode these playoffs. Not that I am surprised, his greatness was never in question. His douchebaggery is another issue altogether.

Skip that you?

Damn, you raptors fans just can't **** even try to act graceful, can you? Then again, class is not something you can learn or acquire. You're either raised with it or you're not. Keep it classy, Raps fans!

After seeing the posts that followed showing how you have acted the last 2 days, I find it hilarious you were talking about class.

Beyond class there is a thing you call respect and its earned, you clearly have done nothing to earn that.
Sisqo
Analyst

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#282 » by Sisqo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:57 pm

GameChannel wrote:
everdiso wrote:
GameChannel wrote:
Damn, you raptors fans just can't **** even try to act graceful, can you? Then again, class is not something you can learn or acquire. You're either raised with it or you're not. Keep it classy, Raps fans!

Did you just tell someone else to stay classy right after you called Kawhi a douchebag?

Sorry, didn't realize you were related to him. I'm so sorry for calling a douchebag a douchebag. Happy now?

How do you talk about being classy and then call someone a douchebag? That doesn't even make sense.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Post#283 » by GameChannel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 pm

Sisqo wrote:
GameChannel wrote:
Sisqo wrote:
Skip that you?

Easy there man it was a joke. You talk ab out class but what type of reaction is that for someone who talks about class? Grow up.

Grow up? I gave him props for his greatness and picked your team to win. But instead of reacting positively to the comment, you decided to gloat. It's not me who needs a lesson about class.

My personal hatred for him aside, I'm being objective. He's played at a level of greatness - as much as I hate the guy - I can't ignore it. You have to understand, my dislike for him is coming from a very personal place. Raptors fans of all people should know when a beloved star weazels his way out of town and the kind of negative emotion it generates in you as a diehard fan. I know it's easy for you to forget that now that you have another legit superstar and your bias takes over in that you don't care what he did to the other franchise cuz that's not your problem. You root for him, you support him because as far as you're concerned, his slate is clean. But that's not the case for us Spurs fans.

Despite what he did to get out of SA, I have never wished him to be injured or for him to suffer a career-altering experience. Doesn't mean he is absolved of the shenanigans he pulled in San Antonio. Doesn't mean the Raptors bandwagon fans are any less annoying or come across as nothing but a bunch of entitled wannabes (Not referring to hardcore fans. Referring to the casual bandwagoners who just want to look cool). My calling him a douchebag is me stating the reality. Not calling him a douchebag without actual evidence of him acting like one in his last year in SA.

This is the last time I will explain myself. I feel this should be enough the clear the air.

Having said that, Toronto deserves a championship as a city. If it comes at the expense of my displeasure at Kawhi winning one, I will accept that and congratulate you guys. But I can never root for him to win it. I just know given the circumstances and matchups, Raptors got this.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#284 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 pm

My favourite raptor moment before this playoffs

Was Vince Carter’s dunk contest in 2000

That happen in oracle.

Hopefully raptors can send oracle farewell in happy moment
Raptors til death
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#285 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:34 pm

So lets get this straight, curry was getting his ass kicked so badly they had to rush Durant back just to save him and than he tears his achilles? Wow they are desperate, I think raptors close it out in 6.
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#286 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:36 pm

GameChannel wrote:
Sisqo wrote:
GameChannel wrote:

Easy there man it was a joke. You talk ab out class but what type of reaction is that for someone who talks about class? Grow up.

Grow up? I gave him props for his greatness and picked your team to win. But instead of reacting positively to the comment, you decided to gloat. It's not me who needs a lesson about class.

My personal hatred for him aside, I'm being objective. He's played at a level of greatness - as much as I hate the guy - I can't ignore it. You have to understand, my dislike for him is coming from a very personal place. Raptors fans of all people should know when a beloved star weazels his way out of town and the kind of negative emotion it generates in you as a diehard fan. I know it's easy for you to forget that now that you have another legit superstar and your bias takes over in that you don't care what he did to the other franchise cuz that's not your problem. You root for him, you support him because as far as you're concerned, his slate is clean. But that's not the case for us Spurs fans.

Despite what he did to get out of SA, I have never wished him to be injured or for him to suffer a career-altering experience. Doesn't mean he is absolved of the shenanigans he pulled in San Antonio. Doesn't mean the Raptors bandwagon fans are any less annoying or come across as nothing but a bunch of entitled wannabes (Not referring to hardcore fans. Referring to the casual bandwagoners who just want to look cool). My calling him a douchebag is me stating the reality. Not calling him a douchebag without actual evidence of him acting like one in his last year in SA.

This is the last time I will explain myself. I feel this should be enough the clear the air.

Having said that, Toronto deserves a championship as a city. If it comes at the expense of my displeasure at Kawhi winning one, I will accept that and congratulate you guys. But I can never root for him to win it. I just know given the circumstances and matchups, Raptors got this.

Are you sure your hatred is only for Kawhi

LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#287 » by LKN » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 pm

I need an auto-block for anyone post that discusses how "classy or classless" a fanbase is.

It's idiotic rambling about nothing.
Sisqo
Analyst

Post#288 » by Sisqo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:20 am

GameChannel wrote:
Sisqo wrote:
GameChannel wrote:

Lol you went on a massive rant on two words from my post. You completely missed the point.

Don't come at me about class when you have shown zero yourself. You have been one of the most disruptive and classless posters here the last few days. I don't really care what else you have to say. No need to reply because I have no intention on responding.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#289 » by bubonicphoniks » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:25 am

This is going to be an interesting watch given all that has transpired.

Toronto has the firepower and the mojo, but they have to beat the perennial champs at home.

I'll be watching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#290 » by BayArea408415 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:32 am

Hoping to see a Game 6 Klay similar to the 2016 WCF against OKC. Steph needs to show up with an efficient 30+ point as well. There is no reliable scoring outside of them other than a wild card Cousins who might drop 10-15 but also gifts the Raptors with turnovers, fouls and bad defense.

Just need to treat it as one game again. As Steph said at the end of Game 5, "Stay alive."
15Years
Veteran
And1: 7,012

Post#292 » by 15Years » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:50 am

Need the raptors to step up their D and keep the offensive intensity up. Take it quarter by quarter, possession by possession. Hardest game of the raptors life.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#293 » by JShuttlesworth » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 am

This has been a long wait in between the games. Hope the Raps can pull it out in 6
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,698

Post#294 » by durden_tyler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:36 am

This is going Game 7 definitely. Not sure if the Warriors will still have the energy (or the bodies) to play that game but this is an all time great team with all time great players in Klay and Steph,i guess anything can happen in that final game.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#295 » by baldur » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

trade rumours overshadow the finals to some extent. maybe a regulation should be implemented about the off-season trade deadlines.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,359

Post#296 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 am

baldur wrote:trade rumours overshadow the finals to some extent. maybe a regulation should be implemented about the off-season trade deadlines.

they absolutely do not... lol, i guess for a laker fan sure but c'mon
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,698

Post#297 » by durden_tyler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 am

baldur wrote:trade rumours overshadow the finals to some extent. maybe a regulation should be implemented about the off-season trade deadlines.

Nah, the casual fans are not interested in the NBA Finals so i guess the trade rumors at least means no offseason for the NBA and hyping the NBA. It's good for the league.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#298 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 am

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
GameChannel wrote:
Sisqo wrote:Easy there man it was a joke. You talk ab out class but what type of reaction is that for someone who talks about class? Grow up.

Are you sure your hatred is only for Kawhi

Exposed :lol:
Read
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#299 » by TR50 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am

BayArea408415 wrote:Hoping to see a Game 6 Klay similar to the 2016 WCF against OKC. Steph needs to show up with an efficient 30+ point as well. There is no reliable scoring outside of them other than a wild card Cousins who might drop 10-15 but also gifts the Raptors with turnovers, fouls and bad defense.

Just need to treat it as one game again. As Steph said at the end of Game 5, "Stay alive."

I think this will dictate the game quite a bit.

Just how much will the Raptors defense bother the Warriors shooters, and which team will make/generate more clean looks?
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#300 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am

On a more serious note, raps gotta try and keep game close until mid way 3rd quarter. I think they'll give themselves a chance if they do that since warriors are an Elite 3rd q team. Gotta hope Klay and curry have an off night and raps key guys don't get in foul trouble.
Read

Return to The General Board