Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,571

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#441 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Paradise wrote:He’s too good and I think for us we already have experience with our medical staff being involved with PG’s injury although it was a different.

It’s a once and a lifetime opportunity to be able to sign someone like him. We’re in instant contender to come out of the East with Irving/KD. The Nets have such a deep training staff, I’m sure they feel confident in their ability to rehab him back to 100%

I think it boils down to what becomes the plan of action while he’s recovering?
We basically have our team in tact even adding KD.

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa
Harris/
Prince/Rodi
Allen/

That's good enough to get us in the playoffs especially if the guys we expect to make a leap (Levert, Musa, Rodi, allen), make that leap.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Wouldn't we still need to move a guy like Prince or Dinwiddie to fit Durant in along with Kyrie?

Wouldn't saving Russell and signing Tobias be better then losing Russell and hoping KD is still a top 5 player?

It is the way better option. People act like KD is 21 years old and suffered this injury. by the time he is even remotely back to 100% will be by age 33 and who knows how he'll look.

Let the Knicks do it. I'd rather keep Russell and add to the team we have now with the cap space available.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#442 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:55 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:We basically have our team in tact even adding KD.

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa
Harris/
Prince/Rodi
Allen/

That's good enough to get us in the playoffs especially if the guys we expect to make a leap (Levert, Musa, Rodi, allen), make that leap.

Wouldn't we still need to move a guy like Prince or Dinwiddie to fit Durant in along with Kyrie?

Wouldn't saving Russell and signing Tobias be better then losing Russell and hoping KD is still a top 5 player?
We're 300k short if we stash the 27th pick. Otherwise, were 3M short.

Got ya thanks. Are you sure I swore we needed to move more then just #27.

So it's basically
D-Lo, Kyrie, Tobias (no Din, Prince, stash #27)
or
Kyrie, KD, Din, Prince (no D-Lo, stash #27)

So basically would you want
KD, Din, Prince or D-Lo, Tobias

How much further is KD ahead of Tobias and Tobias ahead of Prince/Din combo.

Have to factor in KD injury with some unknowns and likely having to wait a full year to have him back at all.

It's a tough choice assuming we will even be in position to have one.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#443 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa
Harris/
Prince/Rodi
Allen/

It is the way better option. People act like KD is 21 years old and suffered this injury. by the time he is even remotely back to 100% will be by age 33 and who knows how he'll look.

Let the Knicks do it. I'd rather keep Russell and add to the team we have now with the cap space available.

That's the way I'm leaning too. Lets get a trio of Kyrie, Russell and Tobias together. They're all in their primes (Russell still a few years away even) and would have a 5-6 year window together.

We'd have two 27 year old players who are basically 50/40/90 type players along with Russell, Allen, Harris, Levert, Rodi and Musa from the core. How can that not be a team worth rooting for.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Post#444 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa
Harris/
Prince/Rodi
Allen/

We can always just sign KD now, let him recover for the year and let another young player shine, like Musa or whoever we pick. There is no rush to be a championship team here, we're still a young team . KD might not never be the same but his game doesn't rely to much on athleticism , he can still shoot over anybody in the league and I don't see that part of his game going away. Tough decision but I think we should still take the chance. Kd will be 33 the year after that but he'll be rolling with a bunch of young gunners and Kyrie who will be around 29 still I think.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#445 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:10 pm

The official asking price for AD has been revealed.

Read on Twitter
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#446 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 am

Read on Twitter
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#447 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter
I can't remember who tweeted it, but while he's eligible, his cap hit if traded around draft time is his pre-extension number.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#448 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 am

SpeedyG wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter
I can't remember who tweeted it, but while he's eligible, his cap hit if traded around draft time is his pre-extension number.

If KD didn't happen and we sign Irving, I would trade Dinwiddie for something built around Saric. Clears more cap space also.

Saric 36.5% from 3 last season, would be a nice pick-up. Could develop that in Brooklyn. Plus would have $20m odd in cap space if Timberwolves could do Dinwiddie ($11m) for Saric ($2m) straight up to go after someone else. Maybe someone like Randle or Mirotic while bringing Ed Davis back? Dudley or other veterans back on cheap?

Irving / Pinson
DLo / Musa
LeVert / Kurucs / Caroll
Saric / Randle or Mirotic / Dudley
Allen / Davis

Plus would have $20m odd in cap space if Timberwolves could do Dinwiddie for Saric straight up to go after someone else. Maybe someone like Randle or Mirotic while bringing Davis back? Dudley or other veterans back?

Also have 27th and 31st pick to add depth.

Personally, I'm all in for Irving and KD.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,571

Post#449 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 am

Paradise wrote:The official asking price for AD has been revealed.

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#450 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 am

SpeedyG wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes. It makes him an easy draft day trade as he's essentially a minimum contract.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#451 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:46 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Supposedly the Lakers deal is close, but the Pels are shopping #4 for an established player. Is there anybody on our roster you wouldn't trade for #4?
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#452 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:54 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Supposedly the Lakers deal is close, but the Pels are shopping #4 for an established player. Is there anybody on our roster you wouldn't trade for #4?

Dinwiddie? He doesn't have enough value for the 4th pick. Would be hard to take the 4th pick when it's looked upon as 3 good prospects then a drop off from 4 down. Plus the 4th pick is getting $5m 1st year salary. Is someone like Culver worth Kurucs/Dinwiddie? I don't think it's worth the risk in a trade. Garland is a nice prospect but we're guard heavy. Is Hunter worth it? I don't know.

Don't see a fit with us and the 4th pick.

Edit: If Atlanta would trade the 8th and 10th pick for the 4th pick, I would do that....could walk away with two of Doumbouya / Reddish / Washington / Hayes / Little type of duo. Two picks in that range would be super interesting. Still don't know if I would do it.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#453 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:55 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes. It makes him an easy draft day trade as he's essentially a minimum contract.
makes him an easy trade chip if we're looking for picks (either this year or next), but not so much if we're looking at an AD trade (or similar) which is why I don't buy us being an option for AD.

I think, if Kyrie is a done deal, we trade Spencer once moratorium ends to a small market team needing a PG (Jazz, Pacers) that don't really attract FAs. Both should be able to absorb Spencer's modest $10M salary at that point.

We free up more room to go after a 4, and we recoup the 1st rd pick in 2020 that we sent to Atlanta.

SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#454 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

:crazy:

There really isn't anyone in our roster that I would trade for the #4 that the Pels would want for the #4.

N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#455 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:00 am

SpeedyG wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:I can't remember who tweeted it, but while he's eligible, his cap hit if traded around draft time is his pre-extension number.

makes him an easy trade chip if we're looking for picks (either this year or next), but not so much if we're looking at an AD trade (or similar) which is why I don't buy us being an option for AD.

I think, if Kyrie is a done deal, we trade Spencer once moratorium ends to a small market team needing a PG (Jazz, Pacers) that don't really attract FAs. Both should be able to absorb Spencer's modest $10M salary at that point.

We free up more room to go after a 4, and we recoup the 1st rd pick in 2020 that we sent to Atlanta.

Dinwiddie for Saric? Would you do that deal?

Gives more cap space.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#456 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:08 am

N Ireland Nets wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Yes. It makes him an easy draft day trade as he's essentially a minimum contract.

Dinwiddie for Saric? Would you do that deal?

Gives more cap space.
Nah I rather deal him for a future pick and free up his full $10M than get Saric. We can get players of Saric type/level in FA if we strike out in getting Tobias.

I rather target a guy like Aminu or Portis in that case.

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#457 » by kamaze » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:25 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:DLo had mentioned a S&T 2 times in 2 different recent interviews iirc. I wouldn't be shocked if he's used in a S&T to acquire Irving himself. He fits that team's(Celtics) timeline probably much better than the Pels and AD would probably be a draft night trade if it were to happen.

That would be screwed up Boston is racist as hell. That's part of the reason Kyrie wants out he'd be leaving money on the table to get away from there.

I would think the Nets wouldn't do Dlo like that.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#458 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am

kamaze wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:DLo had mentioned a S&T 2 times in 2 different recent interviews iirc. I wouldn't be shocked if he's used in a S&T to acquire Irving himself. He fits that team's(Celtics) timeline probably much better than the Pels and AD would probably be a draft night trade if it were to happen.

That would be screwed up Boston is racist as hell. That's part of the reason Kyrie wants out he'd be leaving money on the table to get away from there.

(I can't find vc4p's original post so I'm quoting you to trigger his notifications.)

Do you have links/URLs of those interviews? I don't remember hearing him saying anything about doing a S&T.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#459 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:37 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
kamaze wrote:

(I can't find vc4p's original post so I'm quoting you to trigger his notifications.)

Do you have links/URLs of those interviews? I don't remember hearing him saying anything about doing a S&T.

It was an article posted on ND

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#460 » by GTR11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 am

Am I the only one who don't know how to feel about this FA? I mean Markinson guys just on another level? I mean C'mon we like Lakers now with options.

Return to Brooklyn Nets