Pacers Draft Workouts 2019

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Re: Pacers Draft Workouts 2019 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:53 pm

Yeah, I really like Iggy and Schofiekd in the 2nd round.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#22 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:14 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, I really like Iggy and Schofiekd in the 2nd round.

I think Morgan is also underrated. he's definitely worth a summer league spot if he falls out of the 2nd round and could be worth the 50 depending upon who else is left.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:47 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, I really like Iggy and Schofiekd in the 2nd round.

I think Morgan is also underrated. he's definitely worth a summer league spot if he falls out of the 2nd round and could be worth the 50 depending upon who else is left.

I agree. It’s hard to say exactly what one thing he would bring is, but I saw someone on Twitter describe him as a layer that just gets stuff done. Real glue guy that can do a little of anything.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter

The first rounded are starting to swing through. Also, Tyler Herro mentioned he has a workout scheduled with Indy for next week.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#25 » by MUpacersSIC » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Guys I want to see them bring in:

-Matisse Thybulle (favorite)
-Tyler Herro
-Luka Samanic
-Nickeil Alexander-Walker (2nd favorite)
-Romeo Langford (just in case he falls)
-Kevin Porter Jr
Wizop
RealGM

Post#26 » by Wizop » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:29 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:Guys I want to see them bring in:

-Tyler Herro
-Luka Samanic
-Kevin Porter Jr

plus, Washington, Clarke, Williams, and 2 Johnsons (NC and KY). I do like Thybulle as you do, but I'd prefer someone closer to 6'9" than 6'6".
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by MUpacersSIC » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Wizop wrote:
MUpacersSIC wrote:Guys I want to see them bring in:

-Tyler Herro
-Luka Samanic
-Kevin Porter Jr

plus, Washington, Clarke, Williams, and 2 Johnsons (NC and KY). I do like Thybulle as you do, but I'd prefer someone closer to 6'9" than 6'6".

I figured Washington and Clarke would be long gone. Clarke is my favorite if we moved into something like the #11 pick. Not a big fan of Williams or either Johnson.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#28 » by Wizop » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:41 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:I figured Washington and Clarke would be long gone. Clarke is my favorite if we moved into something like the #11 pick. Not a big fan of Williams or either Johnson.

don't expect Clarke to be on the board but Washington could well be. I do like Williams and the NC Johnson.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by MUpacersSIC » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Part of me really likes Nickeil Alexander-Walker because he can play either guard spots, and I always seemed to walk away impressed when I saw him in games. Whether or not that will translate is to be seen. It's really hard to peg guys this year because I can see 11-30 picks going an endless number of ways. Nassir Little is another I didn't think would be possible, but he could slide as well. He's been impressing in workouts from everything I've read.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#30 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Wizop wrote:pretty sure Smits plans to play for Butler and is just taking advantage of the opportunity to receive pro coaching.

Sent from my phone.

Yep I just saw that when I went to look at him.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26684582/valpo-smits-joins-butler-graduate-transfer
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#31 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Grang33r wrote:I like Carsen Edwards a lot. Reminds me of Jalen Brunson who was a contributor in Dallas. His attitude is great, hes quick, and likes to get to the hoop. Helps he has a resume of being about to score at the college level. Think some team may get a very nice player if they select him, essp if he does drop to mid-2nd like the original posts suggests.

Edwards can shoot the lights out, but at just 6 foot he's a bit small. I'd take him at 50 if he's there and no one I like better is there.

I'd like to buy a 2nd maybe from ATL they have 3 #1's and 3 2nds. I'd like to get Kris Wilks, he could end up being a steal at 42 the 3rd ATL 2nd.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#32 » by Moooose » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter

The first rounded are starting to swing through. Also, Tyler Herro mentioned he has a workout scheduled with Indy for next week.

I am a bit surprised about Samanic's individual workout. He'd sure light it up if we will try to see just his full offensive arsenal. One of his major downside is his average athleticism and how he'd match up with the stronger forwards of the league. Sure, he bulked up a little but I just wish we could've seen him compete with legit 3's. 4's, and 5's. He can play three and he'd be a tall SF but he probably will be slower. Purely an upside pick. And maybe, just maybe, something that'd make Bojan re-sign.

I still think Yoosman is the better prospect.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#33 » by Wizop » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Moooose wrote:I am a bit surprised about Samanic's individual workout. He'd sure light it up if we will try to see just his full offensive arsenal.

suspect there was some sort of logistical problem getting him to Indy as this workout was in New York. in any event, I'm sure there are more workouts coming that just haven't been announced.

Read on Twitter
Wizop
RealGM

Post#34 » by Wizop » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Read on Twitter
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by MUpacersSIC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am

Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

Only potential first rounder on this one is Fernando. All others are pegged in the 2nd by the majority.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#36 » by Wizop » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:Only potential first rounder on this one is Fernando. All others are pegged in the 2nd by the majority.

Gafford is probably a first rounder too but he and Fernando are both centers and wouldn't make my wish list.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by MUpacersSIC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Wizop wrote:
MUpacersSIC wrote:Only potential first rounder on this one is Fernando. All others are pegged in the 2nd by the majority.

Gafford is probably a first rounder too but he and Fernando are both centers and wouldn't make my wish list.

I like Gafford, but everyone seems to think he's an early second rounder now. Obviously he could go higher, just wouldn't consider him at #18.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#38 » by Moooose » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Wizop wrote:
Moooose wrote:I am a bit surprised about Samanic's individual workout. He'd sure light it up if we will try to see just his full offensive arsenal.

suspect there was some sort of logistical problem getting him to Indy as this workout was in New York. in any event, I'm sure there are more workouts coming that just haven't been announced.

In the Pacers webiste the header was "Samanic worthy of private audition" so I was kind of thinking that it was really intended to be a solo workout for him. But yeah, could be a scheduling problem.

Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sandy Cohen. I don't know much about the guy.

Bruno Fernando. To me, he is worthy of being a lottery pick but I am hoping he slips to 18. Arguably the best center in the draft in terms of talent (Bitadze to me is first in terms of potential. Crazy development in months). Smart and has an advanced footwork and post skills. Can survive in the league with his current physique and skill set but could turn out to be special if he develops some more, particularly more range in his shooting. Maybe it's just me but I think he can play PF/C in the NBA considering his quickness and having just an average wingspan.

Daniel Gafford. Traditional big who (from what I have seen since last year) only has a limited game. He's been good at catching lobs but nothing more. I personally believe that the lack of centers in this year's draft helped Gafford's draft stock to stay within the first round. Teams picking up late in the first round may need a big that can be developed.

Paul Jorgensen. I don't know much about the guy either. Can't remember seeing him play in Butler.

Terance Mann. I am torn on Mann. On some games, he looks like a potential first rounder. On some, he looks undraftable. HIghly explosive player with a promising potential. I wouldn't be surprised if he follows the same scenario as Allonzo Trier. Quite similar games too.

Jaylen Nowell. Is this a second workout for him? He's in our first or second workout group.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:11 pm

I don't always respond, but really appreciate your writeups and putting your thoughts out there Moooose.
Pathora
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#40 » by Pathora » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:34 am

Read on Twitter

Looks like Herro is the only guy in Workout 8 that would be picked at 18, why do I have a feeling the team is trading down/out.

Return to Indiana Pacers