Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Re: Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade 

Post#421 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am

reload141 wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
reload141 wrote:
SO much this. But, he wants to go home so really nothing more we could do.

Nobody in their right mind wants to play with a max'd Gordon Heyward and Al Horford. Sorry, your boy Ainge dropped the ball.

Sorry but you really have NO idea what you're talking about.

It's all good, I feel your pain. My baseball team has handed out tons of bad contracts the last 3-4 years and it cost us a serious run at Harper last off season. No need to be in denial that the Heyward and Horford deals were buns. That is peak homerism right there.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#422 » by The_Hater » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:12 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:
reload141 wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
Nobody in their right mind wants to play with a max'd Gordon Heyward and Al Horford. Sorry, your boy Ainge dropped the ball.

It's all good, I feel your pain. My baseball team has handed out tons of bad contracts the last 3-4 years and it cost us a serious run at Harper last off season. No need to be in denial that the Heyward and Horford deals were buns. That is peak homerism right there.

The Horford contract isn’t that bad, he’s a grossly underrated player and a winner. They Celtics would have absolutely no problem trading him. Hayward would be very difficult to move however.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,964

Post#423 » by jfs1000d » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:16 am

Horford contract is worth every penny. Hayward got hurt. Wtf ya gonna do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man

Post#424 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:22 am

The_Hater wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
reload141 wrote:

The Horford contract isn’t that bad, he’s a grossly underrated player and a winner. They Celtics would have absolutely no problem trading him. Hayward would be very difficult to move however.

So paying somebody the max when he isn't even top 10 at his position (and his position is de valued to begin with) is fine because he's a "winner"? If they could move him the only reason is because he is expiring.

jfs1000d wrote:Horford contract is worth every penny. Hayward got hurt. Wtf ya gonna do?

He wasn't worth it when he signed the deal.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#425 » by MrTwister » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am

[url]
Read on Twitter
?s=19[/url]

Take it FWIW.
The_Hater

Post#426 » by The_Hater » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:

So paying somebody the max when he isn't even top 10 at his position (and his position is de valued to begin with) is fine because he's a "winner"? If they could move him the only reason is because he is expiring.

jfs1000d wrote:Horford contract is worth every penny. Hayward got hurt. Wtf ya gonna do?

Horford doesn’t make the max.

Horford is definitely a top 10 Center and probably top 5-6. Like I said, a lot of people underrate him just like you’re doing right now. His ability to shoot, pass, guard all over the floor and make winning plays make him invaluable in today’s league.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#427 » by anotherhomer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 am

MrTwister wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
?s=19[/url]

Take it FWIW.

That's awful
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man

Post#428 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am

The_Hater wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Horford is definitely a top 10 Center and probably top 5-6. Like I said, a lot of people underrate him just like you’re doing right now. His ability to shoot, pass, guard all over the floor and make winning plays make him invaluable in today’s league.

Among centers he is 18th in PER and 14th in WS/48. His position is de valued to begin with. You don't pay that guy 30 mil. He's a good player who I respect don't get me wrong, but highly overpaid.
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#429 » by Klayforspicy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:51 am

Never ever should Horford be using up 30% of your cap. He can be underrated among fans but still overpaid.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#430 » by bulliedog8 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 am

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:Anyone think the Bulls might try to get in on this? Maybe Porter plus picks and go with a AD/Lauri//Dunn core? You could do worse.

I wish the bulls would and also that AD would re-sign.

Bulls: AD, Solomon hill

Pelicans: 7, Wendell, valentine, Dunn, and 38

1. The Pelicans would laugh and hang up

2. The salaries are at least 20 million off from matching such a trade

Fine...... I will add Felicio then :(
The_Hater

Post#431 » by The_Hater » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:56 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:

Among centers he is 18th in PER and 14th in WS/48. His position is de valued to begin with. You don't pay that guy 30 mil. He's a good player who I respect don't get me wrong, but highly overpaid.

The first stat you pulled out was PER?

Anyways no point in arguing this further but I’m very certain that the GM’s around the league understand his true value beyond PER. (And don’t think I didn’t notice that you ignored every other advanced stat other than the 2 where he ranked outside the top 10).

The Celtics would have zero problems trading him and getting value back, you obviously think otherwise.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#432 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 am

What the hell AD wants?

I mean, i love Lebron, hes still the best (or second) player in the world, but got dammit, what the hell the Lakers have more than the Celtics for AD saying that hes only staying one year there?

I dont even like the Celtics that much, but this looks like an arrogant move. LA Shinning, nothing more.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,243

Post#433 » by reload141 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:
reload141 wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:

Can’t even spell Hayward. Nice try.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#434 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:
I wish the bulls would and also that AD would re-sign.

Bulls: AD, Solomon hill

Pelicans: 7, Wendell, valentine, Dunn, and 38

You're still not close to matching salaries and just made the trade worse for Pelicans
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#435 » by bulliedog8 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:07 pm

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote:

You're still not close to matching salaries and just made the trade worse for Pelicans

I was joking about Felicio.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man

Post#436 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:12 pm

The_Hater wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Anyways no point in arguing this further but I’m very certain that the GM’s around the league understand his true value beyond PER. (And don’t think I didn’t notice that you ignored every other advanced stat other than the 2 where he ranked outside the top 10).

The Celtics would have zero problems trading him and getting value back, you obviously think otherwise.

How many advanced stats would you like me to list? Only the ones that favor him? Tell me what else you want me to take into account, because every time I post huge amounts of numbers people usually ignore the post so I didn't want to do analysis paralysis.

reload141 wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Can’t even spell Hayward. Nice try.

My bad, keep getting the spellings confused because of the baseball player Jason Heyward who spells it with an e.
JC28
Junior
And1: 79

Post#437 » by JC28 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:20 pm

mercgold3 wrote:What the hell AD wants?

I mean, i love Lebron, hes still the best (or second) player in the world, but got dammit, what the hell the Lakers have more than the Celtics for AD saying that hes only staying one year there?

I dont even like the Celtics that much, but this looks like an arrogant move. LA Shinning, nothing more.

You answered your own question the Lakers have Lebron, and Klutch, in ADs ear. He's had them in his ear for at least a couple of seasons now. This really isn't as much about AD wanting to sign with the Lakers as it is AD wanting to be with LBJ. AD has allowed him to be a bit of a pawn, willingly, in all of this but that's his personality.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#438 » by Richard Miller » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:20 pm

MrTwister wrote:
Take it FWIW.

The account looks bs though. But stranger things have happened I guess.
The_Hater

Post#439 » by The_Hater » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:22 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:

How many advanced stats would you like me to list? Only the ones that favor him? Tell me what else you want me to take into account, because every time I post huge amounts of numbers people usually ignore the post so I didn't want to do analysis paralysis..

How about we start by not acting like it’s 2005 and treating PER like its an important number.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#440 » by Mr Loggins » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:25 pm

TMU wrote:What more does Kyrie want? Ainge has allowed him full control of the franchise and is also doing his best to acquire talents to help him. Leaving the Celtics would be a mistake imo.

the kick in the nuts is he’s (seemingly) going to Brooklyn, the franchise who’s linked with Boston.

sooo ironic that despite taking all brooklyn’s draft picks, it’s the Nets who could be in a better spot the year after the picks are done

Return to The General Board