ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should we resign Vuc/Ross

Yes
34%
Yes, but just Vuc
7%
Yes, but just Ross
40%
No
18%

Total votes: 126

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1181 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 pm

I literally have no idea what WeHam is going to do. With this team.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#1182 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:13 pm

MoMM wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:Would anyone sign Durant knowing he would be out all of next year at least?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Every team in the NBA without zero hesitation.

Not sure if I would, imagine if we sign a long-term deal and he doesn't come back 100%. Do you want another Grant Hill?

I don't know, Durant if he can't do anything else but catch and shoot, is still top 15 player in nba. That guy is such an elite shooter from any range that i can't imagine him falling off face of Earth if injury takes some of his athletics, speed and agility from him.

Now ofc, he can be always hurt like Hill and simply incapable of playing, but i belive he'll get best treatment possible to return.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#1183 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 pm

MoMM wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:Would anyone sign Durant knowing he would be out all of next year at least?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Every team in the NBA without zero hesitation.

Not sure if I would, imagine if we sign a long-term deal and he doesn't come back 100%. Do you want another Grant Hill?

A 80% Durant is still a top 5 player in the NBA.

But if he alluded that he would sign a long-term contract with Orlando to me that will immediately signal that his career as a star player is over as anyone of his stature would be crazy to sign here :lol:
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#1184 » by NotACat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09
Black Lives Matter
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#1185 » by drsd » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 pm

NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Aubrey Dawkins ???

He has 3 years of the G-\league to carve out a 10-game NBA career. He is not a draft-able player.

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#1186 » by j-ragg » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm

I’d much rather draft Aubrey Dawkins than Tacko that’s for sure.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#1187 » by Xatticus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm

NotACat wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

I really liked McDuffie back in his sophomore season. He was really slight coming out of high school, but long and athletic. I thought he had a lot of defensive potential. Then he got hurt and struggled through his junior season. His rebound, assist, steal, and block rates have all plummeted since then. He just doesn't like like the same kind of athlete anymore.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#1188 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 pm

What's the big flaw with Aubrey Dawkins?...good size, shoots great, delivered in big moments, coach's kid, athletic
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#1189 » by j-ragg » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Skybox wrote:What's the big flaw with Aubrey Dawkins?...good size, shoots great, delivered in big moments, coach's kid, athletic

He’s pretty old, 24.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM

Post#1190 » by drsd » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Skybox wrote:What's the big flaw with Aubrey Dawkins?...good size, shoots great, delivered in big moments, coach's kid, athletic

Really???

I projects as a career G-leaguer.

Skybox
RealGM

Post#1191 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:47 pm

drsd wrote:

Really???

Yes, I saw that two posts ago. I know how you feel. I was wondering what anyone else projects :banghead:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#1192 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 am

Read on Twitter

Kyrie to Brooklyn is all but done with this move. Our FO better be thinking of ways to clear cap
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#1193 » by NotACat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:34 am

Skybox wrote:
drsd wrote:

Really???

Yes, I saw that two posts ago. I know how you feel. I was wondering what anyone else projects :banghead:

It was a 5-man workout, I see no problem with bringing him in if they think he's worth a shot as a undrafted FA, they can probably assume he'll choose Orlando over any other team if he goes undrafted
Black Lives Matter
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#1194 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:22 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kyrie to Brooklyn is all but done with this move. Our FO better be thinking of ways to clear cap

Do you think D'lo could simply sign with Knicks, if Nets take Irving?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1195 » by Skybox » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:43 am

So, the #4 pick is in play for a young developing player that could be moved to NOLA...any interest or offers from ORL? Aaron Gordon comes to mind (maybe for Hart and #4) but I don't think I'd do it for Culver or Garland.
drsd
RealGM

Post#1196 » by drsd » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

Skybox wrote:So, the #4 pick is in play for a young developing player that could be moved to NOLA...any interest or offers from ORL? Aaron Gordon comes to mind (maybe for Hart and #4) but I don't think I'd do it for Culver or Garland.

Josh Hart and the rights to Coby White/DeAndre Hunter/Darius Garland for Aaron Gordon; I'd say no. Gordon is clearly an NBA starter. Neither of the assets you propose are certain to get to his level, and none have a greatly superior "ceiling" to what Gordon brings now.

The only real benefit is on the cap-struction for the Magic. Orlando is not trading Gordon for cap-space.

../
drsd
RealGM

Post#1197 » by drsd » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 am

NotACat wrote:It was a 5-man workout, I see no problem with bringing him in if they think he's worth a shot as a undrafted FA, they can probably assume he'll choose Orlando over any other team if he goes undrafted

If the argument is that Aubrey Dawkins was really auditioning for the Lakeland Magic, I can accept that. It might be a probable destination for him next year, but not as a two-way player.

Skybox
RealGM

Post#1198 » by Skybox » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:12 pm

drsd wrote:
Skybox wrote:So, the #4 pick is in play for a young developing player that could be moved to NOLA...any interest or offers from ORL? Aaron Gordon comes to mind (maybe for Hart and #4) but I don't think I'd do it for Culver or Garland.

Josh Hart and the rights to Coby White/DeAndre Hunter/Darius Garland for Aaron Gordon; I'd say no. Gordon is clearly an NBA starter. Neither of the assets you propose are certain to get to his level, and none have a greatly superior "ceiling" to what Gordon brings now.

The only real benefit is on the cap-struction for the Magic. Orlando is not trading Gordon for cap-space.

../

I hadn't even thought of the cap savings...HMMM...just looking more at Culver or Hunter PLUS significant cap room saved. Could a coldly patient methodical WeHam take Pelinka to the cleaners with LBJ telling him "Get it done!" ? If, in other conversations, we thought we had a real line on DLO with the added money...you'd have to take a hard look at which of the "second 3" in this years draft is going to be the surprise star. I like how Culver can put it on the floor and Hunter is all-everything on D and shot 48% from 3, Garland might have been top 2 if healthy(ONE of them will break out)...Throw in a healthy, heavier, angrier Bamba, #16 pick, a newly confident and healthy Isaac and a reborn Fultz...Might even have the money to bring back TRoss and Birch too. I love AG, but you'd have to consider the options if LAL is desperate and willing to eat some of their cap to get AD done. Among the options to consider are Hart and /or Wagner...obviously, not all of the above but many variations...If Pelinka strikes out this summer, LAL is in big trouble, and Griffin is strong. I also feel WeHam have the brutal patience to do something great or just wait it out.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#1199 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:30 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Read on Twitter

Do you think D'lo could simply sign with Knicks, if Nets take Irving?

Maybe I'm not sure how compatible DSJ & DLo would be. Now DLo would probably push DSJ to the bench since hes a much better guard.

I get the feeling DLo will want to go somewhere where he is "The Guy" as he's tired of playing 2nd 3rd fiddle while he has improved his game and is on the come up. Wonder if a team like the Jazz would dare go after DLO, they could get the Cap needed since they have 2 solid non guaranteed deals they could waive.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#1200 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:56 pm

That's interesting. If that were to go down, we basically got the same value out of AG after 5 years in the league. My guess is if WeHam think they can trade AG for #4 and then shed the salaries coming back in with #4 to go get D'Lo, that'd be something they think about.

If they want to replicate AG's impact, they could take Hunter. If they want options, they could take Garland/Culver. If they want to take a swing, they could take Reddish.

Return to Orlando Magic