ImageImage

2019 Packers Off Season Thread - Cut Day Saturday

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Re: 2019 Packers Off Season Thread - Jordy To Retire As A Packer 

Post#1161 » by Mags FTW » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Reddeye wrote:I guess these two will be compared all season.

Read on Twitter

From the same guys who paid a king's ransom for Trubisky, and took a TE in the 2nd round who currently has 17 catches in his first 19 games.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#1162 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Kumerow impressive in mini camp
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1163 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Reddeye wrote:I guess these two will be compared all season.

Read on Twitter

From the same guys who paid a king's ransom for Trubisky, and took a TE in the 2nd round who currently has 17 catches in his first 19 games.

Not just paid a kings ransom for Trubisky but paid a kings ransom for Trubisky OVER Watson and Mahomes

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 268

Post#1164 » by Reddeye » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 268

Post#1165 » by Reddeye » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:03 pm

It's early, but curious to see who makes it at wr. Adams and MVS are locks. Seems like most people think Geronimo is safe. So if they keep 6 who is kept. ESB, Moore, Kumerow, Davis, ... Rodgers likes Kumerow. Davis has been getting some praise the past 2 days and he has the advantage of being a returner.
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Post#1166 » by Dandridgefav » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:36 pm

I really like our receivers and am delighted Gute did not spend any FA or draft capitol to get one. I think Gutey knowa what he's got.

Adams, MVS, EQ, Davis = outside
Alison, Kumerow = slot

to me that is pretty solid.

Maybe EQ or Davis stumble and Moore slips in but I think EQ will be strong and Davis will finally have a bit of a break out as Recever
Moore (and everyone else) have an uphill battle
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1167 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Reddeye wrote:It's early, but curious to see who makes it at wr. Adams and MVS are locks. Seems like most people think Geronimo is safe. So if they keep 6 who is kept. ESB, Moore, Kumerow, Davis, ... Rodgers likes Kumerow. Davis has been getting some praise the past 2 days and he has the advantage of being a returner.

I think Adams, MVS, Geronimo, and ESB are all locks right now. I’m interested to see if they keep 5 or 6 WR’s because it seems like we are going to be seeing more two TE sets this year.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1168 » by MoMM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Kumerow will be kept, IMO. The question is Davis, Moore or both? It's not good to spend a 4th round on Moore and release after 1 season, but happens... At least we are keeping our 5/6th round WRs, so it's like we lost a 6th round pick in the process, not a 4th round.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#1170 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Burks blowing up would pretty much complete our defense, IMO. Coverage in the middle of the field was our biggest LB weakness.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1171 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:09 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Burks blowing up would pretty much complete our defense, IMO. Coverage in the middle of the field was our biggest LB weakness.

I am beginning to think we may have the top defense in the league this year. I think I will make the claim, we will have the number 1 overall defense this season.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1172 » by Mags FTW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:53 pm

I don't put much stock in what players say about teammates during OTAs and minicamp.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1173 » by crkone » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,940

Post#1174 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:27 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think he's starting his prison sentence after he accepted a plea during the Mueller investigation.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1175 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Rodgers on "Wanting More Freedom at the Line of Scrimmage:"

Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem happy that new coach Matt LaFleur's offensive system provides little freedom at the line of scrimmage.

"I don't think you want me to turn off 11 years," Rodgers says. "There's stuff that not many people in the league can do at the line. That's not a humble brag. That's just a fact."

Thus far, LaFleur hasn't changed his approach with the Green Bay Packers.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#1176 » by MAC1987 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Rodgers on "Wanting More Freedom at the Line of Scrimmage:"

Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem happy that new coach Matt LaFleur's offensive system provides little freedom at the line of scrimmage.

"I don't think you want me to turn off 11 years," Rodgers says. "There's stuff that not many people in the league can do at the line. That's not a humble brag. That's just a fact."

I'm curious what question was asked when he said this. To some degree AROD is right in the fact that he has alot of experience at the line reading the defenses.
If he's not allowed to do that somewhat I'd be concerned for LaFleur.
However, if Rodgers starts thinking he has more freedom than the coach wants him to have then AROD needs to re-think his attitude.
I've backed AROD in the past but if he continues this crap it will be a bye bye similar to Favre.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#1177 » by JayMKE » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Sounds like there was some journalistic liberties taken with that no context quote.
FREE GIANNIS
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1178 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:53 pm

MAC1987 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Rodgers on "Wanting More Freedom at the Line of Scrimmage:"

I'm curious what question was asked when he said this. To some degree AROD is right in the fact that he has alot of experience at the line reading the defenses.
However, if Rodgers starts thinking he has more freedom than the coach wants him to have then AROD needs to re-think his attitude.
I've backed AROD in the past but if he continues this crap it will be a bye bye similar to Favre.

You can read the whole piece here. It's a really good read: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001033990/article/aaron-rodgers-matt-lafleur-navigating-new-packers-partnership

Sounds like LaFleur is running a Shanahan system that doesn't normally let QBs audible at the line because there's so much presnap activity that there isn't really much time to, but Aaron thinks he should have more freedom. LaFleur wants find a way to reconcile that.

"Aaron and I have had some good talks, and we're going to have to talk a lot more -- and one thing we have to work through is the audible thing," LaFleur explained. "We're running a system I first picked up while working with Kyle (Shanahan) in Houston a decade ago, and we've never really had a quarterback who's had complete freedom to change plays at the line, because that's not really the way the offense is set up. But, I mean, this is Aaron Rodgers. He's had a lot of freedom to make those calls, and deservedly so. Now, how do we reconcile that, and get to a place where we put him in the best position to succeed?"

I will say, I get where Aaron is coming from. LaFleur can't treat this like he's got some sort of rookie QB under his wing. But Aaron also needs to give LaFleur a chance to actually run the offense as he sees fit.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1179 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:33 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
MAC1987 wrote:

You can read the whole piece here. It's a really good read: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001033990/article/aaron-rodgers-matt-lafleur-navigating-new-packers-partnership

Sounds like LaFleur is running a Shanahan system that doesn't normally let QBs audible at the line because there's so much presnap activity that there isn't really much time to, but Aaron thinks he should have more freedom. LaFleur wants find a way to reconcile that.

"Aaron and I have had some good talks, and we're going to have to talk a lot more -- and one thing we have to work through is the audible thing," LaFleur explained. "We're running a system I first picked up while working with Kyle (Shanahan) in Houston a decade ago, and we've never really had a quarterback who's had complete freedom to change plays at the line, because that's not really the way the offense is set up. But, I mean, this is Aaron Rodgers. He's had a lot of freedom to make those calls, and deservedly so. Now, how do we reconcile that, and get to a place where we put him in the best position to succeed?"

I will say, I get where Aaron is coming from. LaFleur can't treat this like he's got some sort of rookie QB under his wing. But Aaron also needs to give LaFleur a chance to actually run the offense as he sees fit.
The thing is comming off the last couple years where we've seen so many reports that Rodgers was changing so many plays in the huddle it doesnt exactly scream "I turned over a new leaf" when this report shows up before training camp even starts

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1180 » by crkone » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
MAC1987 wrote:

The thing is comming off the last couple years where we've seen so many reports that Rodgers was changing so many plays in the huddle it doesnt exactly scream "I turned over a new leaf" when this report shows up before training camp even starts

The push-and-pull has already begun. On a red-zone play toward the end of last Tuesday's minicamp practice, for example, Rodgers dropped back, saw that his targets were covered and bought time by sliding to his left. He then uncorked one of those glorious balls that few other humans can, arcing a glorious pass to the left corner of the end zone that tight end Jimmy Graham leaped up and caught for a touchdown.

And no, that was not how LaFleur had drawn it up, but he still applauded from his perch atop a golf cart.

"That's red zone football, right?" LaFleur said a few hours later in his office. "He made a hell of a throw, great anticipation, and Jimmy went up and got it. It was off-schedule 'cause the play was blanketed, and thankfully the pass protection was on point. It was two guys making a play, making you look good as a coach -- because it sure wasn't the play call that (was responsible).

"He's made some unbelievable plays, maybe not going the most conventional route that I was thinking (he should). He's got a calm about him that is amazing -- I haven't been around a guy as calm as that, and who can think as clearly and as fast. It's been pretty impressive. And it just gives you more confidence that no matter what you call, he's gonna make you look good."

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Green Bay Packers