Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Re: Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade 

Post#441 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:28 pm

The_Hater wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
The first stat you pulled out was PER?

Anyways no point in arguing this further but I’m very certain that the GM’s around the league understand his true value beyond PER. (And don’t think I didn’t notice that you ignored every other advanced stat other than the 2 where he ranked outside the top 10).

The Celtics would have zero problems trading him and getting value back, you obviously think otherwise.

How many advanced stats would you like me to list? Only the ones that favor him? Tell me what else you want me to take into account, because every time I post huge amounts of numbers people usually ignore the post so I didn't want to do analysis paralysis..

How about we start by not acting like it’s 2005 and treating PER like its an important number.

What about WS/48 where he is 14th? He is 5th in RPM and ORPM which is excellent but 15th in DPRM. 15th in TS%. 4th in AST% so he is obviously an excellent passer for a big. His TRB% is abysmal at 31st among centers. Still not seeing a 30+ mil player here.
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#442 » by phraoh » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Griffin is NOT going to take Ingram, Ball, and 4. I don't think Ball has the value that Laker fans think he has. I would put his value as a mid first round (non lottery) draft pick. Griffin knows that Lakers HAVE to make a trade for Davis, and yes, they do. No one is coming to the Lakers as a free agent this year without another star besides Lebron. I do think the trade will be with the Lakers, but only if they are willing to give up more than what is being reported, which at this point they will do what it takes to get a deal done.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#443 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:45 pm

JC28 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:What the hell AD wants?

I mean, i love Lebron, hes still the best (or second) player in the world, but got dammit, what the hell the Lakers have more than the Celtics for AD saying that hes only staying one year there?

I dont even like the Celtics that much, but this looks like an arrogant move. LA Shinning, nothing more.

You answered your own question the Lakers have Lebron, and Klutch, in ADs ear. He's had them in his ear for at least a couple of seasons now. This really isn't as much about AD wanting to sign with the Lakers as it is AD wanting to be with LBJ. AD has allowed him to be a bit of a pawn, willingly, in all of this but that's his personality.

Yeah but unfortunately Lebron is not going to last for a lot more years at this high level. Probably, 2 more years at best.
And there is also the East vs West situation. I dont get it.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#444 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:
TMU wrote:What more does Kyrie want? Ainge has allowed him full control of the franchise and is also doing his best to acquire talents to help him. Leaving the Celtics would be a mistake imo.

the kick in the nuts is he’s (seemingly) going to Brooklyn, the franchise who’s linked with Boston.

sooo ironic that despite taking all brooklyn’s draft picks, it’s the Nets who could be in a better spot the year after the picks are done

I'm still taking us without AD and with Irving on the Nets. Irving has absolutely proved this year that he sucks as #1 especially in the playoffs where he struggled BIG TIME to make any adjustments. Unless he has a LOT and I mean LOT more to offer, I'd take us over the Nets comfortably with a starting 5 of say Rubio or Rondo/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford(bench Morris/Smart, etc)...
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Blacksheep25
Rookie
And1: 1,301

Post#445 » by Blacksheep25 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Coeur wrote:celtics can and have to give more. They need him the worst because they can look at it as getting AD and Kyrie

Where does this narrative come from? He left the best player in the world. He’s had more visible chemistry issues in Boston than he did in Cleveland. He just signed with the Nets de facto sports agency. He made the announcement at the literal peak of news about the Celtics trying to still land AD.

AD is openly saying he has zero interest in being there. Kyrie, from all appearances, has zero interest in being there and while playing well the last regular season, seemed disengaged and simply playing out the contract this season.

It would be incredibly obvious to me were I a Celtics fan that he is leaving unless I’m missing some on the record friendship and burning desire to play with AD. Has he ever said anything of the sort?
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#446 » by kobe808lak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I would be shocked if the Celtics landed him.. Just don't see it. Ainge ain't giving away the Franchise for a rental.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#447 » by mademan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Take it for what its worth, but Lakers are heavy betting favs to get AD.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#448 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:
TMU wrote:What more does Kyrie want? Ainge has allowed him full control of the franchise and is also doing his best to acquire talents to help him. Leaving the Celtics would be a mistake imo.

the kick in the nuts is he’s (seemingly) going to Brooklyn, the franchise who’s linked with Boston.

sooo ironic that despite taking all brooklyn’s draft picks, it’s the Nets who could be in a better spot the year after the picks are done

I'm still taking us without AD and with Irving on the Nets. Irving has absolutely proved this year that he sucks as #1 especially in the playoffs where he struggled BIG TIME to make any adjustments. Unless he has a LOT and I mean LOT more to offer, I'd take us over the Nets comfortably with a starting 5 of say Rubio or Rondo/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford(bench Morris/Smart, etc)...

Actually he was one of the best guards in the league as the #1 option this season. He stunk up the joint against the Bucks but that team is fearsome against PGs and he had no real #2 option to alleviate some of the pressure. I kind of agree on your other point though, not sold on the Nets unless they get Jimmy or Durant to pair with Irving.
mademan
RealGM

Post#449 » by mademan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

I'm with you on the Nets not getting that much better just by adding Kyrie. Theyre going to still have the same defensive issues unless they get bigger (though they'll still be poor on the wings with Kyrie/Dlo).

That said, this is a guards/wing league and a Rondo/Brown (or Rubio/Rozier whatever bin point guard) hurts my eyes to look at
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#450 » by jfs1000d » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm

mademan wrote:Take it for what its worth, but Lakers are heavy betting favs to get AD.

Meh.

That is because of several reasons, assuming it is real money that is being taken. The first is over exuberance on Lakers fans. Second is, available info suggests Boston is unsure how much it will give up.

I don’t think these types of betting odds are as good a way to measure which way wind is blowing. It is more a trailing indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#451 » by Rockice_24 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:15 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

I wouldn't especially not comfortably. C's are probably still a mid 40's win team but the Nets should be closer to 50 or 50+ win team.

I don't think the Nets are done though. Tobias or Butler are still a real possibility.
JimmyTheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#452 » by JimmyTheGreek » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm

phraoh wrote:Griffin is NOT going to take Ingram, Ball, and 4. I don't think Ball has the value that Laker fans think he has. I would put his value as a mid first round (non lottery) draft pick. Griffin knows that Lakers HAVE to make a trade for Davis, and yes, they do. No one is coming to the Lakers as a free agent this year without another star besides Lebron. I do think the trade will be with the Lakers, but only if they are willing to give up more than what is being reported, which at this point they will do what it takes to get a deal done.

Pelicans make a counter offer to Lakers

Read on Twitter
?s=20
nickgammon
Pro Prospect
And1: 873

Post#453 » by nickgammon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
nickgammon wrote:
The Raptors had nothing to lose on that one. They dumped DeRozan’s bad contract and traded away a bench big. Also, Kawhi’s situation was a bit different. His agent never publicly came out and said if he gets traded to the Raptors “it’s a 1-year rental.” It kinda makes you think AD is going to half-ass it and probably fake a lot of injuries. If he cared about winning, he’d be happy to go to the Celtics and would do anything in his power to avoid be trading to the Lakers or Knicks. The guy wants the limelight.

I’m still very high on Tatum and Brown, so I don’t think it’s worth the risk. I’d rather see Ainge go for guys like Beal or Aaron Gordon if he becomes available.

He didn't say it as openly and explicitly as Paul has, but it was made pretty clear that he was going to be a 1-year rental for anyone that's not a LA team. That is still the overwhelming likelihood right now, the only saving grace keeping the Raptors as a player here is the fact they've been so good with him and are on the cusp of a title.

If AD cared about winning, there's plenty of teams he'd be happy to goto - not just the Celtics can offer him a winning franchise. His whole "I only care about winning" line is a pile of horse-s when the only two teams you're willing to goto have been perpetual losers for 5-10 years now. He and his agent only care about going to a big market.

Boston is a huge market.

No idea what is wrong with these guys.
Kyrie resigns in Boston. AD to Boston. Really that simple. Championships and money and game and glory follow.

It really is that close for Kyrie, and he wants to go to Brooklyn? To each his own, but this is a bad career move basketball wise.

For Kyrie it makes more sense because he already won a title + Brooklyn was a playoff team last year and they don’t have to sacrifice any significant assets to lure Kyrie and another max FA. It’s also home.

AD hasn’t really won anything in this league. From a basketball perspective, the Lakers are a pretty bad option and with the KD injury, the Knicks are a terrible option. Sure, it’d be great money wise, but the Celtics are right up there in terms of marketability.

I don’t know what Rich Paul thought would happen by lying to the media for all of these months. He’s potentially going to waste the prime years of his client’s career and lose out on a supermax if Danny Ainge throws caution to the wind. That being said, I don’t think the Celtics should do it. I think getting a player who doesn’t want to be there to half-ass it for a season and an agent who has and will do everything to sabotage the Celtics organization, isn’t worth it.
teke184
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,391

Post#454 » by teke184 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:21 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
mademan wrote:Take it for what its worth, but Lakers are heavy betting favs to get AD.

Meh.

That is because of several reasons, assuming it is real money that is being taken. The first is over exuberance on Lakers fans. Second is, available info suggests Boston is unsure how much it will give up.

I don’t think these types of betting odds are as good a way to measure which way wind is blowing. It is more a trailing indicator.

It also doesn’t price in the possibility of an outside team coming in and beating the Celtics or Lakers if neither wants to give up what it takes.

Considering the current Laker offer is reported to be the 4, Ball, and Ingram. I think that a dark horse offer could beat that if the Pels don’t like those assets and can’t find a taker to change them into something better.

While the 4 has value, Ball and Ingram are of questionable value between injuries, contracts in Ingram’s case, and attitude / fit in Ball’s case.

Getting a third tier prospect, an injured player about to get paid, and an injured attitude problem who can’t shoot isn’t an appealing return on a superstar, even a disgruntled one on his final guaranteed year.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#455 » by LKN » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Nothing like unsourced twitter rumours... what a world we live in
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#456 » by TMU » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 pm

JimmyTheGreek wrote:
phraoh wrote:Griffin is NOT going to take Ingram, Ball, and 4. I don't think Ball has the value that Laker fans think he has. I would put his value as a mid first round (non lottery) draft pick. Griffin knows that Lakers HAVE to make a trade for Davis, and yes, they do. No one is coming to the Lakers as a free agent this year without another star besides Lebron. I do think the trade will be with the Lakers, but only if they are willing to give up more than what is being reported, which at this point they will do what it takes to get a deal done.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lakers should take it.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#457 » by PKABOOICU » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 pm

JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If that is a true counter offer, and the Lakers get to keep Ingram then that trade needs to happen in the next 10 seconds.
mademan
RealGM

Post#458 » by mademan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Lakers should still dump ingram. His 9 mill can still be used to get a better fitting role player, like a Danny Green
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,476

Post#459 » by Jon1798 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:26 pm

JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If we trade with the Lakers and don’t get Ingram, I am scared to see what our boards might look like lol
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#460 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 pm

If Kyrie is staying b/c of what happened to KD, it makes sense.

If not, then I’d keep the kids / picks and rebuild.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to The General Board