Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Re: Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade 

Post#461 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:34 pm

JimmyTheGreek wrote:
phraoh wrote:Griffin is NOT going to take Ingram, Ball, and 4. I don't think Ball has the value that Laker fans think he has. I would put his value as a mid first round (non lottery) draft pick. Griffin knows that Lakers HAVE to make a trade for Davis, and yes, they do. No one is coming to the Lakers as a free agent this year without another star besides Lebron. I do think the trade will be with the Lakers, but only if they are willing to give up more than what is being reported, which at this point they will do what it takes to get a deal done.

Pelicans make a counter offer to Lakers

Read on Twitter
?s=20

LAL needs to take that in a heartbeat.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
JimmyTheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#462 » by JimmyTheGreek » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:36 pm

LKN wrote:Nothing like unsourced twitter rumours... what a world we live in

Did you say that when poster BVB24 used “Hoop Central” twitter account on page 2 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1850991&start=20 or when poster zshawn10 used the same twitter account on page 3 of this thread? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1850991&start=40

How about when poster zshawn10 used twitter account “Silver Screen & Roll Twitter account on page 5 of this thread?

How about when poster snaquille oatmeal originally used this source, “Lakeshow World” on page 13 of this thread?

.... or when somebody used a poster on Reddit as a source?
Mallie
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#463 » by Mallie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 pm

If Lakers take that counter-offer (they should) and providing that they keep BI (they should), who's there in FA that could be had in back court? They'd have their front court set with AD and Bron, but they're hurting at the guard positions. The third star should really be a guard.

Kyrie?
Kemba?
Try to trade BI for Beal? Though that would make them a bit too depleted, maybe...
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#464 » by LKN » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:38 pm

JimmyTheGreek wrote:
LKN wrote:Nothing like unsourced twitter rumours... what a world we live in

Did you say that when poster BVB24 used “Hoop Central” twitter account on page 2 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1850991&start=20 or when poster zshawn10 used the same twitter account on page 3 of this thread? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1850991&start=40

How about when poster zshawn10 used twitter account “Silver Screen & Roll Twitter account on page 5 of this thread?

How about when poster snaquille oatmeal originally used this source, “Lakeshow World” on page 13 of this thread?

.... or when somebody used a poster on Reddit as a source?

Yes actually... I don't buy any of it
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#465 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:38 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:
phraoh wrote:Griffin is NOT going to take Ingram, Ball, and 4. I don't think Ball has the value that Laker fans think he has. I would put his value as a mid first round (non lottery) draft pick. Griffin knows that Lakers HAVE to make a trade for Davis, and yes, they do. No one is coming to the Lakers as a free agent this year without another star besides Lebron. I do think the trade will be with the Lakers, but only if they are willing to give up more than what is being reported, which at this point they will do what it takes to get a deal done.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If that is a true counter offer, and the Lakers get to keep Ingram then that trade needs to happen in the next 10 seconds.

Esshhh...TBH, I think it hurts the Lakers. By trading Kuz instead of BI they would then only have 21M in caps space to add a 3rd piece... Also, they would be Big heavy in a guard league.
C: AD / Wagner
PF: Bron / Bonga
SF: Ingram
SG: ???
PG: ???

No Guard on the roster, and Ingram is really more of a 4. Sounds like a recipe for poor spacing and poor playoff seeding.
Seriously, how much Better is that team than the 17/18 Pelicans?
AD = AD
Cousins/Jrue = Lebron + FA
Mirotic = Ingram

That team got crushed by GSW in the 2nd round.
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,488

Post#466 » by Jazz9 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Don't believe any of those tweets.
Just like last February when everybody was sure AD was gonna be traded to LA and we know how that ended...
WoJ/Shams or any other credible source ok, lakeshowworld/reddit "insider"/whatever meh
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#467 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
PKABOOICU wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If that is a true counter offer, and the Lakers get to keep Ingram then that trade needs to happen in the next 10 seconds.

Esshhh...TBH, I think it hurts the Lakers. By trading Kuz instead of BI they would then only have 21M in caps space to add a 3rd piece... Also, they would be Big heavy in a guard league.

No Guard on the roster, and Ingram is really more of a 4. Sounds like a recipe for poor spacing and poor playoff seeding.
AD = AD
Mirotic = Ingram

I dunno, did the Pels have LeBron James ???
JimmyTheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#468 » by JimmyTheGreek » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Jazz9 wrote:Don't believe any of those tweets.
Just like last February when everybody was sure AD was gonna be traded to LA and we know how that ended...
WoJ/Shams or any other credible source ok, lakeshowworld/reddit "insider"/whatever meh

Woj on Get Up this morning

Read on Twitter
?s=20
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#469 » by inquisitive » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Jon1798 wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If we trade with the Lakers and don’t get Ingram, I am scared to see what our boards might look like lol

Doesn't he have a health issue?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#470 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
PKABOOICU wrote:

AD = AD
Mirotic = Ingram

I dunno, did the Pels have LeBron James ???

No, they had a Prime Boogie and Jrue... How much better do you think a turning 35 y/o Lebron James will be than those 2? Those are certainly better then than Lebron is next year, but the question is how much? Lakers have 21M to fill/surpass that gap...but with who?

They are NOT getting Butler, Harris, Kyrie, Klay, Kemba, etc. with that much... SO you think Redick, Tyreke Evans, or Jeremy Lamb does?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#471 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 pm

inquisitive wrote:
Jon1798 wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If we trade with the Lakers and don’t get Ingram, I am scared to see what our boards might look like lol

Doesn't he have a health issue?

Health issue has been taken care of and everything we have heard has been great news for Ingram.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#472 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's a random dude, tweeting random things. I can tweet that, too(if I had twitter lol), doesn't make it true. :D
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,786

Post#473 » by Michael Jordan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:58 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:
Kalela wrote:
Michael Jordan wrote:I don't think Boston should do it if they have to give up Tatum

Tatum a decent young player with a potential to become a better player. AD, on the other hand, is a top 10 player now. Take a chance on him and win now and hope he changes his mind. You can always draft more Tatums but it is damn near impossible to get another AD.

He isn't changing his mind on the Celtics. That seems pretty obvious at this stage of the game.

I agree it doesn't seem like he'll change his mind - especially after his father insisted he wouldn't re-sign either. Tatum and Brown are 21 and 22 respectively - I think the direction they should go is to build with them moving forward rather than a 1 year rental whose had a long history of injuries.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#474 » by kobe808lak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm

A future unprotected first scares me depending on the year...
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#475 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's a random dude, tweeting random things. I can tweet that, too(if I had twitter lol), doesn't make it true. :D

You’re in denial. Celtics made the playoffs and the Lakers sucked for 6 years. Just be happy for us :D
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#476 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I said they need to take that deal in a heartbeat. Idk if it’s true or not
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#477 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 pm

JimmyTheGreek wrote:
Jazz9 wrote:Don't believe any of those tweets.

Woj on Get Up this morning

Read on Twitter
?s=20

What are we waiting for???!!!
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,258

Post#478 » by John Murdoch » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Soooo their counter offer is actually a worse offer ? Lol Pelinka wont think twice about that one. Josh was a net negative the entire season , and its a 2 player draft.
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#479 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 pm

guys, the source is scoop B

the B stands for bullsh*t

dude literally just makes **** up
Bhut Jolokia
Pro Prospect
And1: 828

Post#480 » by Bhut Jolokia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Is it possible for the Lakers to free up room to sign a third max contract free agent after trading for Anthony Davis?

Return to The General Board