NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

darkse1d
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,848

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#301 » by darkse1d » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:46 am

I’m really curious to see how Kerr is gonna stagger Curry’s and klays minutes.

Klay has been a really good defender against kawhi and has given him the most trouble. Whenever Klay sits and mckinne or Livingston comes on, kawhi goes on a scoring spree or a trip to the line. Game 4, when warriors went on that run, kawhi single handedly kept them in the game with the Kobe -like performance.

I also want to see more from pascal. He’s been kept in check ever since game 1. They’re sagging from him and daring him to shoot and he’s missing really great looks. It got to the point where he was benched in the 4th , when the raptors really needed his length.

It’ll all come to which stars have more help. If Iggy and donkey green are hitting their shots, really don’t see how warriors lose.
On the other hand, If pascal and Danny green are hitting their open shots then I can’t see raptors losing.

It’ll really come down which of the supporting case has the hot hand .
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#302 » by BayArea408415 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:14 am

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2019-nba-finals-warriors-vs-raptors.html

I didn't realize how bad the actual data was for the Warriors offensive struggle outside Curry and Klay. This is literally the Splash Brothers vs. the Raptors when it comes to offense. Not a single player above 10 points per game other than Draymond and he's an offensive liability when it comes to open 3's. Meanwhile, the Raptors have 6 guys averaging 10+ points per game. :cry:

Also, Klay's 3 point shooting is literally historic. I'm surprised the Warriors didn't lose by 30+ in Game 3 without his shooting.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#303 » by everdiso » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 am

BayArea408415 wrote:https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2019-nba-finals-warriors-vs-raptors.html

I didn't realize how bad the actual data was for the Warriors offensive struggle outside Curry and Klay. This is literally the Splash Brothers vs. the Raptors when it comes to offense. Not a single player above 10 points per game other than Draymond and he's an offensive liability when it comes to open 3's. Meanwhile, the Raptors have 6 guys averaging 10+ points per game. :cry:

Also, Klay's 3 point shooting is literally historic. I'm surprised the Warriors didn't lose by 30+ in Game 3 without his shooting.

What's extra interesting to me is the splash bros prrtty much did the same even when half of them didn't play:

Steph + Klay

GM1: 55pts, 35fga
GM2: 48pts, 34fga
GM3: 47pts, 31fga
GM4: 55pts, 40fga
GM5: 57pts, 44fga
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#304 » by whocurrz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 am

Tough to call. Raptors have been awesome and their top rotation guys have all been good to great defenders individually and as a team. Ironically I’ve thought Kawhi has been their weakest. He’s hidden on weak players which has made him a little bit on the outside looking in. When switched he hasn’t been super stand out for his potential. I think Nurse unleashes them this more tomorrow to throw he Warriors off. Offensively they’ve been inconsistent and had a bad shooting night in game 5, but guys like Ibaka have been clutch and playing at a high level and may come back down to earth. FVV is a beast who has ice in his veins but even the best cant always make shots with the shot clock expiring. Leonard is always scary and I expect a better game from Siakam. Danny Green is always a wild card. Gasol has been good but his mentality has been in to be passive even when scoring fine.

As far as the Warriors. When Klay has played its 2-2, but we have still struggled and relied on great performances from him and Steph. BUT everyone has been so bad that one of those regression to the mean nights could mean some hot shooting at home. Plus I think if Kerr manages the game right we can play better defensively and hopefully get better transition offense. Raptors don’t have the offensive guards that I would hold Bogut back. I’d start him for his defense to get transition and his screening. Then hope Green, Iguodala, Cook and McKinnie just have one of those nights where they play well. If not Klay and Steph will need to play amazing again just to compete.

As a faithful Warriors fam / homer and someone who thought we’d come back from OKC and Houston I’m gonna predict at least the win tomorrow.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#305 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:18 am

Seriously, Draymond is an a$$hole on the real. :lol: Just a brutally snark talking to reporters about Kawhi's game :lol: :lol:
1:12 mark

Reporter: Draymond, What makes Kawhi such a beast to deal with?

Draymond: Uh, he's a good player.

Reporter: Specifically, how would compare him to dealing with peak Lebron?

Draymond: He's a great player and Lebron is a out of this world - one of the greatest players we ever seen. Uh... different players though.

Reporter: How so?

Draymond: They, they got 2 different names. They like different people. Uh...like...yeah they just different. Um...they not the same person. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Just a special kinda a$$hole :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
miman15
Senior
And1: 439

Post#306 » by miman15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:24 am

iamtheking wrote:I’m really curious to see how Kerr is gonna stagger Curry’s and klays minutes.

Klay has been a really good defender against kawhi and has given him the most trouble. Whenever Klay sits and mckinne or Livingston comes on, kawhi goes on a scoring spree or a trip to the line. Game 4, when warriors went on that run, kawhi single handedly kept them in the game with the Kobe -like performance.

I also want to see more from pascal. He’s been kept in check ever since game 1. They’re sagging from him and daring him to shoot and he’s missing really great looks. It got to the point where he was benched in the 4th , when the raptors really needed his length.

It’ll all come to which stars have more help. If Iggy and donkey green are hitting their shots, really don’t see how warriors lose.
On the other hand, If pascal and Danny green are hitting their open shots then I can’t see raptors losing.

Agreed, I dont know why Kerr nsists on putting Mckinnie and Livingston against Kawhi... He should alternate Iggy and Klay in defending Kawhi. Theres no room for error now. ANd Jordan Bell shouldnt play anymore.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#307 » by Antinomy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am

Elimination Game Klay is coming in Game 6.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Post#308 » by tonyreyes123 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 am

baldur wrote:trade rumours overshadow the finals to some extent. maybe a regulation should be implemented about the off-season trade deadlines.

Don’t have so many days between games
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
xfactor99
Junior
And1: 397

Post#309 » by xfactor99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:38 am

iamtheking wrote:I’m really curious to see how Kerr is gonna stagger Curry’s and klays minutes.

Warriors need to stagger Klay and Iguodala's minutes so one of them are on Kawhi at all times. Maybe try to steal minutes for McKinnie when Kawhi isn't out there.

Not sure what the Raptors can do to get Pascal going. After Game 1 the Warriors are basically ignoring the offensive glass and rushing back in transition. Ibaka has been so effective that maybe the Gasol/Ibaka frontcourt is better against the Warriors.

I think Iguodala and Green HAVE to shoot when left completely wide open. If they try to pass it again it just ends up in a worse shot, and if they try to drive into the paint it's clogged and they can't finish. A lot of the Warriors turnovers can be traced back towards mucked-up spacing and overpassing when sometimes you gotta shoot because there isn't a better shot out there.
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#310 » by Sulico » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:22 am

As a big Warriors fan I would give them 25-30 % chance to win game 6. They are clearly outnumbered and too top heavy without Durant, healthy Boogie and Looney. It's Steph, Klay, Dray and then sharp drop. Iggy can defend, but he's not reliable option on offense any more. Everyone else feels like don't belong on the finals floor.

But, if Raptors loose game 6... they are in big trouble.
Waylanderz
Veteran
And1: 6,241

Post#311 » by Waylanderz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am

Rise up Raptors! Let's Get The Warriors Tonight!

TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#312 » by TinmanZBoy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:20 am

BayArea408415 wrote:https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2019-nba-finals-warriors-vs-raptors.html

Does any of warriors role player have a baby being born? lol... the Raptors role players were like the Warriors role players on offense too, FVV was unplayable level bad, others played like yo-yo... it all changed since FVV Jr was born, FVV has been shooting lights out, others stepping up too... oh by the way, raptors had another newborn, Nick Nurse’s son...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#313 » by ThatClockWork » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:50 am

If Danny Green elevates back to his averages and the others maintain their production, the door will be closed on this series in Oakland.

is what I want to say but the league needs to actually give the Raps a chance by allowing them to be just as aggressive on the defensive end OR make the same calls on the Warriors that they are on the Raps.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#314 » by BayArea408415 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:
Does any of warriors role player have a baby being born? lol... the Raptors role players were like the Warriors role players on offense too, FVV was unplayable level bad, others played like yo-yo... it all changed since FVV Jr was born, FVV has been shooting lights out, others stepping up too... oh by the way, raptors had another newborn, Nick Nurse’s son...

I'm not sure whether is effecting his shooting but Ibaka has played very well this series too. He's had 2 or 3 good offensive games and has also been an offensive rebounding machine and gotten timely blocks. He's averaging just under 9 points a game while not getting huge minutes.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#315 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:53 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:Seriously, Draymond is an a$$hole on the real. :lol: Just a brutally snark talking to reporters about Kawhi's game :lol: :lol:

Draymond: He's a great player and Lebron is a out of this world - one of the greatest players we ever seen. Uh... different players though.

Draymond: They, they got 2 different names. They like different people. Uh...like...yeah they just different. Um...they not the same person. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Didn't watch the video..but from what you wrote..He said Kawhi is a great player...And i think the last thing Dray wants to do right now is compare Lebron and Kawhi.

He's trying to get another chip..not praise Kawhi.

And why are there reporters asking questions like this? It's the finals and they still cant take Lebrons nuts out of their mouths? Ask questions related to the game they're going to play or things regarding GSW.

Again i didn't watch the video so im guessing it's the tone in which he is speaking in?
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#316 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 am

ThatClockWork wrote:If Danny Green elevates back to his averages and the others maintain their production, the door will be closed on this series in Oakland.

is what I want to say but the league needs to actually give the Raps a chance by allowing them to be just as aggressive on the defensive end OR make the same calls on the Warriors that they are on the Raps.

Dude this series has been officiated fairly. Both teams have gotten some **** calls aswell as good ones.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
ThatClockWork
Veteran

Post#317 » by ThatClockWork » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:56 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:If Danny Green elevates back to his averages and the others maintain their production, the door will be closed on this series in Oakland.

Dude this series has been officiated fairly. Both teams have gotten some **** calls aswell as good ones.

The second half of game 5 disagrees with your comment.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,492

Post#318 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 pm

ThatClockWork wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Put on your Raptors flair. And you have to be kidding about officiating. Raps have gotten much of the favorable whistle. Kawhi never gets called for travels or offensive fouls, Ibaka goaltends like crazy and pushes off the back on rebounds constantly and FVV fouls Steph with impunity.
ThatClockWork
Veteran

Post#319 » by ThatClockWork » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Admiral-Kizaru wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Put on your Raptors flair. And you have to be kidding about officiating. Raps have gotten much of the favorable whistle. Kawhi never gets called for travels or offensive fouls, Ibaka goaltends like crazy and pushes off the back on rebounds constantly and FVV fouls Steph with impunity.

Hell no, you aren't gonna come in here and tell me fvv been fouling with impunity when Steph flops down on his own, gets away with more travels and crab dribbles. You should watch bball breakdown for a rude awakening.

At least I will acknowledge some of serges goaltending calls. Those should be consistent. Kawhi traveling, no.
Kawhi in game 5 got hacked more than not. You can hear the wrist slaps from the stands and the broadcast and you want to tell me those are offensive fouls? check your bias at the door. I am not the one you want to go at ...
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#320 » by LKN » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:Seriously, Draymond is an a$$hole on the real. :lol: Just a brutally snark talking to reporters about Kawhi's game :lol: :lol:

Didn't watch the video..but from what you wrote..He said Kawhi is a great player...And i think the last thing Dray wants to do right now is compare Lebron and Kawhi.

He's trying to get another chip..not praise Kawhi.

And why are there reporters asking questions like this? It's the finals and they still cant take Lebrons nuts out of their mouths? Ask questions related to the game they're going to play or things regarding GSW.

Again i didn't watch the video so im guessing it's the tone in which he is speaking in?

Reads like he's trying to avoid being baited into a hot take by the media. Actually seems smart

Return to The General Board