ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets fans: Where are you from? (Please only vote if you consider yourself a Nets fan)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Where are you from? Please only vote if you are a Nets fan.

Brooklyn
6%
Queens
3%
Long Island (Nassau/Suffolk)
2%
Other parts of NYC (Manhattan, BX, Staten Island)
2%
Upstate NY (if you're from Westchester pick what you identify with)
3%
New Jersey (North or South)
34%
Other States or Canada
24%
International fan (not from USA or Canada)
26%

Total votes: 62

JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Re: Nets fans: Where are you from? (Please only vote if you consider yourself a Nets fan) 

Post#21 » by JoseRizal » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Big Nets fan from the Philippines!

Been a fan of the Nets since the Kidd trade and supported further when Vince joined the team. Both were on my list of 3 favorite players back then, the last one was MJ.

Being in another country it’s natural for nba fans here to follow an nba team where their favorite players play. Hence, you have a lot of bandwagoners here. The Bulls (Jordan & Rose fans), Lakers (Shaq & Kobe fans), Cavs & Heat (Wade & LeBron fans) and recently, Warriors (Curry & Durant fans). Tbh, I don’t even know anyone in my circle who’s a Nets fan. :lol:

However, in my case, even after the trade of Kidd & Carter, I’ve come to love and embrace the team as a whole, especially the fanbase here at realgm. I was there from the 12-70 season (where my friends ridiculed me as a fan :banghead: ), to the Billy King debacle (well, more reason to be ridiculed :banghead: ), up to our recent resugence as a franchise (with head held high! :wink: ).

I came to realize that as a fan, it’s very rewarding to see how your favorite team was able to surpass seemingly insurmountable challenges and position itself to where it is now. I can proudly say that like marriage, I’ve stuck with the Nets through thick & thin, and that is the type of satisfaction I wouldn’t get if I just followed a certain player as opposed to a team. I enjoy the journey not just the destination.

I really hope I can witness a Nets championship in my lifetime (even if I don’t ever get to experience watching them live :waaa: ). That would be the ultimate gratification for me as a fan... :nod:
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Re: Nets fans: Where are you from? (Please only vote if you consider yourself a Nets fan) 

Post#22 » by Aussienet3 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:25 am

I'm from Australia. Been a Nets fan since 90. Seen 2 games at the prudential centre back in 10/11 season. I've had nba radio league pass in the past. I've had league pass since it first came out. I've only ever had 1 maybe 2 seasons of not really following the Nets as passionately and thats when the tight ass Ratner gutted the team.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#23 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:I'm from Australia. Been a Nets fan since 90. Seen 2 games at the prudential centre back in 10/11 season. I've had nba radio league pass in the past. I've had league pass since it first came out. I've only ever had 1 maybe 2 seasons of not really following the Nets as passionately and thats when the tight ass Ratner gutted the team.

why did you pick the nets
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#24 » by gigantes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:id be surprised to see much other then NJ and a trickle from other areas.

Where are you from?

New Jersey (North or South)
11 votes - 31%

Other States or Canada
7 votes - 20%

International fan (not from USA or Canada)
10 votes - 29%

In fact it looks like Nets fanhood is split about halfsies with the non-NJ crowd! :D
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#25 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:25 am

Originally from North Jersey (5 minutes from the Brendan Byrne/CAA/Izod Center). Moved around since and now in PA. Fan since attending games as a child in the 80s.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#26 » by Aussienet3 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:28 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:I'm from Australia. Been a Nets fan since 90. Seen 2 games at the prudential centre back in 10/11 season. I've had nba radio league pass in the past. I've had league pass since it first came out. I've only ever had 1 maybe 2 seasons of not really following the Nets as passionately and thats when the tight ass Ratner gutted the team.

why did you pick the nets

It's a weird story that I've told before on here before but I'm happy to tell it again. I was 14 and really starting to get into basketball. Nba was becoming popular over here. But mostly people followed Magic, Michael or Bird. I was also a huge rock fan and my favourite band at the time was Bon Jovi. I was flicking through a rock magazine one day when I seen Jon Bon Jovi wearing a Jersey top. I quickly raced over to the sports section grabbed a basketball magazine and seen there was a New Jersey team and they had the number 1 pick Derrick Coleman. I immediately bought the magazine that had the most Nets info. I never bought another Rock magazine again.
I was all in. I recruited my youngest brother to be a Nets fan. We played games in our drive way as Kenny (him) DC (me) against neighbours and friends. I have recruited my youngest daughter as a Nets fan. She cant sit through games (she is too intense) Its half time now in game 3 and she stormed off to her room because she can't stand her team losing. I'm calling her out to come back and watch as her favourite player (Cariss) is going nut's. But she won't budge. She is only 11 nearly 6ft and loves playing her basketball. But hates watching us with me. lol
flavio_93
Junior
And1: 419

Post#27 » by flavio_93 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Originally from Bergen county nj now living in Chicago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeartBreakKid
RealGM

Post#28 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 am

Seems pretty even between New York, New Jersey, international and other NA fans.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#29 » by Trader_Joe » Thu May 2, 2019 5:09 pm

Originally Albany where I became a Net fan. Now Western Mass as a fan.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#30 » by halfHAVOC » Thu May 2, 2019 10:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Jersey Nets fan here (Central Jersey). There are more Knicks fans here than Nets fans here

Same, OP bout to start a war over whether or not central jersey exists :lol: I have a lot of connects out here especially in Newark since I went to law school there, word on the street is Shaq wants to bring a franchise to Newark.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
HeartBreakKid
RealGM

Post#31 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am

halfHAVOC wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Jersey Nets fan here (Central Jersey). There are more Knicks fans here than Nets fans here

Same, OP bout to start a war over whether or not central jersey exists :lol: I have a lot of connects out here especially in Newark since I went to law school there, word on the street is Shaq wants to bring a franchise to Newark.

I thought about adding a few more categories but thought it would make the poll too convoluted.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#32 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 am

Trader_Joe wrote:Originally Albany where I became a Net fan. Now Western Mass as a fan.

the Wu? amherst?
NetSymptom
Junior
And1: 115

Post#33 » by NetSymptom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 am

I live in Dallas now, but was born in New Jersey and never stopped loving the Nets
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#34 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 am

Born & raised in Bergen County. Have bounced around over the last decade, but currently reside in PA.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#35 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:10 am

Northern Ireland....moved to Boston in 2014 for work. Now live in Rochester, New York as a permanent resident
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Originally Albany where I became a Net fan. Now Western Mass as a fan.

the Wu? amherst?

Berkshires..between Exit 2+3
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

the Wu? amherst?

oh ok, awesome. we go there alot in the summer. tanglewood for concerts...
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#38 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
the Wu? amherst?

oh ok, awesome. we go there alot in the summer. tanglewood for concerts...

Nice... me too
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#39 » by bubonicphoniks » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 am

Ocean county, NJ

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#40 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:52 am

halfHAVOC wrote:

Don't even start that Central Jersey **** bruh! :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets