Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here 

Post#861 » by everdiso » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

kb24k wrote:
everdiso wrote:An emotional moment got out of hand, and the fans immediately apologized.

This is already forgotten everywhere but on RealGM.

This will not go away..

it already has.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#862 » by zero2hero » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 pm

FNQ wrote:
Middle Child wrote:Can’t believe some of you are still defending this behavior.

Scum at its finest. I cannot believe sports is doing this to people.

No one is defending it. It’s not indicative of Raptors fans in any way, it’s just some people being crappy people.

How is there 43 pages to something that’s such a simple answer? It’s just like the KD thread - people need villains to justify all their feels. Grow up already

People were defending it. Just saying. When I posted in this thread around page 32ish, I had a handful of people trying to rationalize and defend the "emotional fan's perspective".
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#863 » by FNQ » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:41 pm

zero2hero wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Middle Child wrote:Can’t believe some of you are still defending this behavior.

Scum at its finest. I cannot believe sports is doing this to people.

No one is defending it. It’s not indicative of Raptors fans in any way, it’s just some people being crappy people.

How is there 43 pages to something that’s such a simple answer? It’s just like the KD thread - people need villains to justify all their feels. Grow up already

People were defending it. Just saying. When I posted in this thread around page 32ish, I had a handful of people trying to rationalize and defend the "emotional fan's perspective".

Oh. Ew.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#864 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:48 pm

There's a thread about this? This happens in every arena where a small percentage of idiots get up and cheer. This was an arena with 20,000 people. In a class of 30 people, 5-10% of them will be morons who would do something like this. Imagine am arena of 20,000 people.

Some of you need to go watch the videos. The majority of the fans didn't even see the injury. Most were cheering the lose ball and the Ibaka fast break. There were a couple of idiots cheering (this happens in every arena). I guantee you there were people cheering when Leonard got injured a couple of season ago. I guarantee you Warriors fans were cheering when Harden got his eye messed up. The entire arena got up and gave Durant a standing ovation when Durant walked off. Some of this probably has something to do with the America media constant blabbering about how "nice" Canadians are. Canadians are no different than Californians. They're not from another part of the world. They have the exact same culture as any other major American city.

I blame the media for what happened here. It seems some may be trying to take attention away from the actual injury and the selfishness of the Warriors organization and the media for Durant going out there and playing.

Now the guy is out for a full season, minimum, and there's a 46 page thread about something irrelevant?
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
kb24k
Junior
And1: 355

Post#865 » by kb24k » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 pm

everdiso wrote:
kb24k wrote:
everdiso wrote:An emotional moment got out of hand, and the fans immediately apologized.

This is already forgotten everywhere but on RealGM.

This will not go away..

it already has.

You wish. It’s not breaking news anymore, but people will remember for a long time. Just like they still remember philly and Boston for things that happened 40-50 years ago
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#866 » by everdiso » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

kb24k wrote:
everdiso wrote:
kb24k wrote:This will not go away..

it already has.

You wish. It’s not breaking news anymore, but people will remember for a long time. Just like they still remember philly and Boston for things that happened 40-50 years ago

I'm sure you will.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#867 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Has someone posted that video of raptors fans screaming and cursing at Stephs parents? I might be getting of the raps bandwagon tbh...
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#868 » by HeartBreaking » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:43 pm

the world has gone soft. I used to wish the dallas cowboys team bus would drive into a lake every morning back when they had their dominant superbowl era. Now you can't even cheer when arguably the best player in the world goes down in a sporting event
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#869 » by zero2hero » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:the world has gone soft. I used to wish the dallas cowboys team bus would drive into a lake every morning back when they had their dominant superbowl era. Now you can't even cheer when arguably the best player in the world goes down in a sporting event

Sounds like you might need a break from sports, tbh.
bonbons
Pro Prospect
And1: 948

Post#870 » by bonbons » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 pm

okay so according to most people in this thread, all GSW fans must be garbage, since a part owner shoved Lowry. I can't believe GSW fans are so disrespectful and garbage. Actually fans of every team in the NBA are complete garbage, I'm sure I can find some racist **** every team has done.

actually I saw one Pacers poster talking about the raps. lol the delusion.
RapZilla
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#871 » by RapZilla » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Everyone who posts in here condemning Raptor fans should state their location so we can look up the last time someone did something crappy in their city and then paint them all with the same brush too.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#872 » by FNQ » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 pm

duppyy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
duppyy wrote:
You should get out and get some air and stop refreshing this thread every few seconds.

Anger is not repentance. Do better.

Not angry brother. I have nothing to apologize for.

You sure?
Middle Child
Pro Prospect
And1: 811

Post#873 » by Middle Child » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 am

FNQ wrote:
zero2hero wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Oh. Ew.

So you see it wasn’t me not being grown up.

But I appreciate your input.
Middle Child
Pro Prospect

Post#874 » by Middle Child » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:33 am

RapZilla wrote:Everyone who posts in here condemning Raptor fans should state their location so we can look up the last time someone did something crappy in their city and then paint them all with the same brush too.

The issue the fans who cheered and those who brush it off by saying people are idiots everywhere.

Obviously every fan didn’t cheer for it but man did Jurassic Park erupt when KD got hurt.
RapZilla
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#875 » by RapZilla » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 am

Middle Child wrote:
RapZilla wrote:Everyone who posts in here condemning Raptor fans should state their location so we can look up the last time someone did something crappy in their city and then paint them all with the same brush too.

The issue the fans who cheered and those who brush it off by saying people are idiots everywhere.

Obviously every fan didn’t cheer for it but man did Jurassic Park erupt when KD got hurt.

Do you believe that the people of Toronto are fundamentally different from the people where you are from?
Credit to Turbo_Zone
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#876 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 am

Middle Child wrote:
FNQ wrote:
zero2hero wrote:

Oh. Ew.

Thanks, because it still applies. It was about villainizing an entire fanbase. If you internalized that as towards you, well.. it’s something to consider
Middle Child
Pro Prospect

Post#877 » by Middle Child » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:07 am

RapZilla wrote:
Middle Child wrote:

Do you believe that the people of Toronto are fundamentally different from the people where you are from?

Again it’s about the people from Toronto who cheered his injury.

Why are you bringing up people from other places?

Wrong is wrong no matter the location.
Middle Child
Pro Prospect

Post#878 » by Middle Child » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:08 am

FNQ wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Oh. Ew.

Thanks, because it still applies. It was about villainizing an entire fanbase. If you internalized that as towards you, well.. it’s something to consider

No just the fans who cheered and the fans who bring up people from other places like above this post.

Accountability is important and the fans who shrug it off because people are jerks everywhere clearly don’t get the large picture.
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,729

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#879 » by CycklopsGT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:23 am

Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
Lol. That's not what a cheer sounds like. And the commentators even EXPLAIN that the crowd is reacting to the replay they are being shown (that we can't see) They didn't like the replay and are expressing that dislike. If you can't even tell what is happening when the commentators are explaining it to you, I don't really know how to help you.

The commentator said "the crowd's reacting to the replay," not that they disliked a call. And they were cheering. I could literally loop the cheer and re-upload to Youtube myself.

Oh, and don't think we'll forget about them physically assaulting Kyle Lowry either. Ignoring it won't make that go away.

Right. He said they are reacting to the replay. That’s what the noise at the five second mark that you think is a cheer is referring to. It’s not a cheer, it’s a grumbling crowd that didn’t like what they were seeing on the replay. but even if it were a cheer, it’s reacting to the replay they are seeing on the screen of the play, not the image we are seeing of Kawhi rolling around on the floor.

Who’s ‘them’ that physically assaulted Kyrie? You mean Mark Stevens? So you meant to say ‘him’?
When fans don't like something, they boo, brother, they don't make sounds that resemble cheering.

And yes, I'm talking about Mark Stevens, he is part of the Warriors fanbase. He is a representative of their fanbase just as much as those fans who cheered Durant's injuries are representative of Toronto. Unless you're now arguing that a part shouldn't represent a whole?
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,879

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#880 » by Effigy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 am

CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:The commentator said "the crowd's reacting to the replay," not that they disliked a call. And they were cheering. I could literally loop the cheer and re-upload to Youtube myself.

Oh, and don't think we'll forget about them physically assaulting Kyle Lowry either. Ignoring it won't make that go away.

Right. He said they are reacting to the replay. That’s what the noise at the five second mark that you think is a cheer is referring to. It’s not a cheer, it’s a grumbling crowd that didn’t like what they were seeing on the replay. but even if it were a cheer, it’s reacting to the replay they are seeing on the screen of the play, not the image we are seeing of Kawhi rolling around on the floor.

Who’s ‘them’ that physically assaulted Kyrie? You mean Mark Stevens? So you meant to say ‘him’?
When fans don't like something, they boo, brother, they don't make sounds that resemble cheering.

And yes, I'm talking about Mark Stevens, he is part of the Warriors fanbase. He is a representative of their fanbase just as much as those fans who cheered Durant's injuries are representative of Toronto. Unless you're now arguing that a part shouldn't represent a whole?

It doesn’t resemble cheering. You have a hearing problem or you’re in denial. Make a thread with a poll and ask if that’s cheering.

Part doesn’t represent a whole. All Raptor fans didn’t cheer Durant’s injury. I didn’t see anyone here cheer it. But thousands in that arena did. That’s just facts.

Return to The General Board