Best Wishes for a Certain Former OKC Player

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Best Wishes for a Certain Former OKC Player 

Post#1 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Regardless of what we feel about the Durexit, I don't think anyone wanted to see this sort of injury. Get better KD.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Re: Best Wishes for a Certain Former OKC Player 

Post#2 » by Old Man Game » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:46 am

Andre Roberstan wrote:Regardless of what we feel about the Durexit, I don't think anyone wanted to see this sort of injury. Get better KD.

I had the silliest realization when the injury occurred. All at once I realized I'd actually held in the back of my mind the thought (the hope) that maybe someday, even if it was near the end of his career like KG did in Minnesota, Durant would re-sign here to retire. When the injury happened it hit me that probably wasn't going to happen just given the timeline for recovery and what its going to do to his prospects of what he'll want out of his next deal. I got sort of sad thinking about Durant and the OKC fans never getting a chance to formally reconcile.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#3 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 pm

I want him 100% healthy and on the court so we can beat him!

Crazy that he is going to miss a year and be 32 the next time he suits up. This injury is not only career changing for Durant but it could change where he spends his next chapter. GS has said they will give him a 5 year max and a option to trade him self whenever he wanted. If I am the Knicks I have a hard time giving all of my assets for AD and maybe Durant. I think they need Durant before AD but is KD enough for AD?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Balkman32 wrote:I want him 100% healthy and on the court so we can beat him!

We can’t get out of the first round.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,486

Post#5 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:10 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:We can’t get out of the first round.

He never said beat him in the playoffs. OKC has done decent against GS in the irrelevant games in the regular season. Depending on how this off-season goes OKC might be set up to miss the playoffs for the next 5 seasons.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#6 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Two things of note in here:

Perk says KD left OKC not because of Russ (or on-the-court stuff, by extension) but because he couldn't be himself off the court
Perk says OKC med staff one of the best out there. (ha, take that Justin)

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#7 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 pm

Have a question for you guys.

Did KD sit on the bench in games when he wasn’t playing, inactive?

He hasn’t done it this year all year and of course the big blow up early in the season made it seem like he’s been estranged from his teammates. There are videos of players in the huddle trying to psych each other up before games and the. He comes out of the tunnel later by himself after the other guys have gone to the court.

I don’t remember if he sat on the bench when he was injured in his previous Warriors seasons. I don’t think he did.

He looked miserable in Feb and March and it seems like he was going to bail. But then in the playoffs, he seemed to draw closer to the team, especially when they had some big wins.

I think this injury probably is going to make him leave if he gets a max 4 year deal from another team. He had sueprgery in NY so that may be where he plans to rehab.

But just wondering that year he didn’t play because of his foot injury, I remember him rolling out to press conferences on a chair. I don’t recall him being irritable or surly like he has been this year.

Did he sit on the Bench for Thunder games that year?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,486

Post#8 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 pm

I remember him being in a box with Presit at some home games. I do not recall him being on the bench.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#9 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:27 pm

wco81 wrote:
But just wondering that year he didn’t play because of his foot injury, I remember him rolling out to press conferences on a chair. I don’t recall him being irritable or surly like he has been this year.

Ya know, I honestly can't remember. It seemed like he was at least around. He was injured quite a bit here with the bizarre jones fracture thing that cost him essentially a whole season. But I don't remember where he sat for that.

I do remember him being somewhat surly though, and obviously he left the Thunder, so maybe that doesn't bode well for Golden State re-signing him. Then again, as you said it seemed like got closer with the guys with his injury troubles. Curry and Iggy helping him off the floor in Toronto and back into the tunnel seemed like a nice gesture. Perhaps more importantly though I'm not sure Draymond made any overtures and it seemed like that was who he had the most problem with during the season from what little I read.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#10 » by slick_watts » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:Two things of note in here:

Perk says KD left OKC not because of Russ (or on-the-court stuff, by extension) but because he couldn't be himself off the court
Perk says OKC med staff one of the best out there. (ha, take that Justin)

Read on Twitter

argument from authority?

besides perk has never been a reliable narrator for events unfolding during his own career, much less speculation on the 6 or 7 seasons of okc basketball and current gsw basketball of which he has no first hand knowledge.

i follow evidence more than words.. whenever possible.
acheema0
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#11 » by acheema0 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:32 pm

wco81 wrote:Have a question for you guys.

He hasn’t done it this year all year and of course the big blow up early in the season made it seem like he’s been estranged from his teammates. There are videos of players in the huddle trying to psych each other up before games and the. He comes out of the tunnel later by himself after the other guys have gone to the court.

I don’t remember if he sat on the bench when he was injured in his previous Warriors seasons. I don’t think he did.

He looked miserable in Feb and March and it seems like he was going to bail. But then in the playoffs, he seemed to draw closer to the team, especially when they had some big wins.

I think this injury probably is going to make him leave if he gets a max 4 year deal from another team. He had sueprgery in NY so that may be where he plans to rehab.

He was on the bench for some games. There was an incident with Dwight Howard where KD was talking some **** to him from the bench in a suit.
ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 354

Post#12 » by ThunderCeltic » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:17 am

wco81 wrote:Have a question for you guys.

Yes the 2014-15 season is when Durant had the Jones fracture injury and missed a great portion of the second half of the season. Also Serge Ibaka missed mostly the second half with an injury and it was all Westbrook during that stretch. Also we would have been the 8th seed that season had the Pelicans lost to San Antonio but Pops had the rest the big 3 and New Orleans won the match and got the 8th seed and played Golden State first round.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder