Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Middle Child
Pro Prospect
And1: 811

Re: Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade 

Post#681 » by Middle Child » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Kyrie to the nets. If KD joins him, what happens to the Knicks? Do they strike out completely? Kawhi isn’t going there..AD is getting traded, and Kemba wants to stay in Charolette. Who’s left?

Barrett
Knox
Robinson

As the foundation going forward. Continue to build from there until these kids develop.

We need to stop chasing free agents.

Not good enough. They also traded KP away. This would be a colossal failure for them - particularly if the Nets swoop in and get 1 or 2 prized FA

It’s not about being good enough. It’s a start. You continue to build from there.

They’re not competing for a championship next year no matter what.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#682 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:11 am

Middle Child wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
Barrett
Knox
Robinson

As the foundation going forward. Continue to build from there until these kids develop.

We need to stop chasing free agents.

Not good enough. They also traded KP away. This would be a colossal failure for them - particularly if the Nets swoop in and get 1 or 2 prized FA

It’s not about being good enough. It’s a start. You continue to build from there.

Nah - their expectations are different now. They’ve been terrible for too long and are about to strike out
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#683 » by Mr Loggins » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:16 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
You've been putting a ton of energy into hating on the Celtics haven't you? Well the media as of right now is saying the Lakers are the leverage, which I thought they were for a while in order for us to put Tatum's right on the table.I think if Tatum's available we get Davis with ease. I don't know if Danny will do it. Still wonder what Benson's position on the Lakers is. We shall find out a week from now.

I would take Tatum over any one of the Lakers' duders, and I've been saying the Lakers' package was doo doo. That doesn't mean that every single person in NBA circles thinks the same. I could see the logic behind thinking Ingram > Tatum. The fact of the matter is Tatum has been nothing more than average during the regular season, and while in the NBA that kind of production for a player his age is promising, that doesn't mean he will ever take the jump into stardom for sure.

I have no problem with the Celtics except for the fact that they are a rival of my team. However, Celtics fans prove consistently to be some of the biggest homers on this board, which is one thing I can't stand. Therefore, I like to poke a little fun at them, sure.

The thing about Tatum, is that while he’s showed flashes in the regular season and playoffs of being a strong scorer... he was a plus defender and great shooter from deep(and the line) as a 19 year old.

At the very least, he’s landing between 15-20, with floor spacing and defense at multiple positions.

Ingram has flashes as an on ball player too, but not so much as a shooter and defender.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

15-20 seems his very best, not very least.

Tatum is an odd duality. On the one hand boston fans *may* include him in an AD trade, given his potential and accomplishments at the tender age of 17.

On the other hand, they don’t want to build around him and be stuck on the treadmill
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#684 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:

Nah - their expectations are different now. They’ve been terrible for too long and are about to strike out

But we've also said just that many times over and still suck for a long time. Rebuilding is the only thing we've ever done differently and being thirsty to sign injured max players has been done many times over as well. I'd rather keep doing things different. I mean sure, I wouldve loved a healthy Durant but I thibk it would be a major success if we didn't immediately go to option B, then C, then D, then E.

Everybody felt, including rival fanbases that the Knicks finally were on the right track with attempting to rebuild. Same haters bashed us for our typical NY assumptions of getting Kyrie and Durant even though it was the media feeding us. But now it's a disaster if we don't stay the original course? Were literally following your advice
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM

Post#685 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Middle Child wrote:

But we've also said just that many times over and still suck for a long time. Rebuilding is the only thing we've ever done differently and being thirsty to sign injured max players has been done many times over as well. I'd rather keep doing things different. I mean sure, I wouldve loved a healthy Durant but I thibk it would be a major success if we didn't immediately go to option B, then C, then D, then E.

Everybody felt, including rival fanbases that the Knicks finally were on the right track with attempting to rebuild. Same haters bashed us for our typical NY assumptions of getting Kyrie and Durant even though it was the media feeding us. But now it's a disaster if we don't stay the original course? Were literally following your advice

Just because they’re trending upwards doesn’t justify striking out this summer - and especially to a cross-town rival.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#686 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:

Just because they’re trending upwards doesn’t justify striking out this summer - and especially to a cross-town rival.

I gotta admit I'd hate to see the Nets do big things while we dont but this thread was about the Lakers and Celtics. But even so what exactly are you prescribing. That the Knicks take yet thier 10th attempt at trading the farm or chasing shiny aging injured stars?

What lessons have you guys been trying to teach Knicks fans all these years if not to stay away from these exact situations? Should we do it and fail will any of you say " oh well, I wouldve made the same decision so I guess they arent still a mismanaged franchise"? Why dont the Hawks have to make a big splash in FA, why dont the Suns, Bulls.

The Nets are in the position they are in because they did exactly what the Knicks need to do. Stay quiet, hide in the shadows. Pounce when the time is right. The time was never right for the Knicks.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#687 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 am

Good for the nets. Got no problem with them or what they are doing or how they do it.

If Kyrie goes there, fine. I just don’t get it. Boston is by far, BY FAR, the best place for Him hoops wise.

Wonder if they will get TB12 to talk to AD. Too bad Papi isn’t healthy. He could talk about being a star in Boston.

How about Mookie Betts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM

Post#688 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

I gotta admit I'd hate to see the Nets do big things while we dont but this thread was about the Lakers and Celtics. But even so what exactly are you prescribing. That the Knicks take yet thier 10th attempt at trading the farm or chasing shiny aging injured stars?

What lessons have you guys been trying to teach Knicks fans all these years if not to stay away from these exact situations? Should we do it and fail will any of you say " oh well, I wouldve made the same decision so I guess they arent still a mismanaged franchise"? Why dont the Hawks have to make a big splash in FA, why dont the Suns, Bulls.

The Nets are in the position they are in because they did exactly what the Knicks need to do. Stay quiet, hide in the shadows. Pounce when the time is right. The time was never right for the Knicks.

I actually agree with what you said earlier, and continue with the youth movement. But the leadership has to go. Front office needs to be cleaned out and an effort to force Dolan to sell the team.
teke184
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,391

Post#689 » by teke184 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:an effort to force Dolan to sell the team.

“That’s it, you’re BANNED from the Garden!”
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#690 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:59 am

You have to wonder if one of those darkhorse teams that may have been on the fence about taking a big swing for AD - after tonight - doesn't just say "f it" and go for it.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#691 » by MeloRoseNoah » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 am

NO Pelicans doesn't have to do anything with LA except just to wait.

Kawhi is officially off the market. LA needs to pay up tremendously if they want AD. It's that simple.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#692 » by BallSacBounce » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:NO Pelicans doesn't have to do anything with LA except just to wait.

Kawhi is officially off the market. LA needs to pay up tremendously if they want AD. It's that simple.

Why, who are they bidding against? Celtics with Kyrie leaving should be out and the Knicks don't look like they were ever in it.

The Lakers don't have to do anything with the Pelicans except just wait.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#693 » by karkinos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 am

Kawhi didn't commit on doris' question
Lakers still got a chance

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
teke184
Bench Warmer

Post#694 » by teke184 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:NO Pelicans doesn't have to do anything with LA except just to wait.

Why, who are they bidding against? Celtics with Kyrie leaving should be out and the Knicks don't look like they were ever in it.

The Lakers don't have to do anything with the Pelicans except just wait.

The Lakers are facing internal pressure to put a star next to LeBron and, per Woj, aren't on the radar for any of the major free agents.

They have to either swing a trade for AD or they are going to have LeBron and Rich Paul pulling the same crap on them that they pulled on New Orleans twice.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter

Post#695 » by MeloRoseNoah » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:46 am

The Warriors will be a team without Thompson and KD next year.

Early tomorrow, I expect LeGM to give the Lakers franchise an ultimatum:

Get AD in here in 48-72 hrs or trade me asap

LeGM is smelling a run for a NBA championship at this point.
teke184
Bench Warmer

Post#696 » by teke184 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:The Warriors will be a team without Thompson and KD next year.

Early tomorrow, I expect LeGM to give the Lakers franchise an ultimatum:

Get AD in here in 48-72 hrs or trade me asap

LeGM is smelling a run for a NBA championship at this point.

And if LeBron is putting that much pressure on them, the Lakers can raid the cupboards and hand over every asset they’ve got.

Current players. Firsts. Pick swaps. Seconds. Foreign player rights. The ballboys and trainers. EVERYTHING.

The pressure is on to win this year while the window is open, so you can afford to pay.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#697 » by LKN » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 am

FFS sakes... Knox? He is literally bad at everything and has terrible court awareness. Knox isn't a building block for anything but a pile of s**t
MeloRoseNoah
Starter

Post#698 » by MeloRoseNoah » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 am

Woj, LeGM mouthpiece, will be putting a article tomorrow morning detailing his wish. I expect nothing less than this ultimatum.

LeGM is smelling blood at this point.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#699 » by Lalouie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 am

NYKHardKnock wrote:Celtics are turning into the Knicks if they make this deal. AD will walk, just like Kyrie will. Or they end up keeping both. What happens?

from the wording, it sounds like the pels might use the draft pick and make a trade elsewhere
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#700 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 am

LKN wrote:FFS sakes... Knox? He is literally bad at everything and has terrible court awareness. Knox isn't a building block for anything but a pile of s**t

I’m not the biggest fan either BUT there is no such thing as a 19 or 20 year old bust. Too much growth to come over the next few years before we really know what he’s made of.

Return to The General Board