ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Re: NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW 

Post#481 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:04 am

I hope the Raptors and Warriors are in the finals next year. I think it would get good ratings.
BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#482 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:04 am

The Claw actually taking KD's FMVP this year, lol
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#483 » by bballguy50 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:04 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
Offseason hot takes started immediately I see.

Not really, I've thought it for a long time. Draymond's bad decision-making is increasingly outweighing everything else. His game will not age well either, losing any shooting touch he had already.

Let someone else give him a max deal.

Draymond is surrounded by guys that don't want to shoot except Steph who was trapped in a box all night. He's a top-3 defender and if we don't give him the money, we can't give it to anyone else.

You're emotional and not thinking straight.

Not particularly, I've thought this for a long time. He's a top defender at the moment, but the nature of his game when he UFAs will be a much different story. He will be a bad contract if we give him the money.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#484 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:05 am

HiRez wrote:
Muscles wrote:Can we get Draymond off this team tomorrow?

His turnovers hurt, but come on, the dude had 11 points on 5-10 shooting, 19 rebounds, 13 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. That has to be one of the best Finals lines ever. Not saying he can't be better but he's not the reason we lost. I mean I don't see anyone saying trade Steph because he can't hit a clutch shot and also turned the ball over late in the game.

I think it’s more that the defense can lay off him at the 3, making it harder to klay and curry.
I think green would be still good for us for 2 years, but he wont age well. If a really good deal comes up, I would trade the guy.
BayArea
Sophomore

Post#485 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:05 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I hope the Raptors and Warriors are in the finals next year. I think it would get good ratings.

not this time, the Sixers and Bucks will learned their mistakes too.
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#486 » by Frozzy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:05 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I hope the Raptors and Warriors are in the finals next year. I think it would get good ratings.

I think a healthy Warriors team would smoke them.

...but injuries are apart of the game. :banghead: :banghead:, alright gonna hold this salt. Gonna be an interesting off season.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#487 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:05 am

Lol, Doris has to be fuming that the producers made her ask that free agency question. No way she did that voluntarily
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#488 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:06 am

Kawhi on what's next: "I'm going to think about that later." Kawhi to Clippers confirmed. :lol:
BayArea
Sophomore

Post#489 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:06 am

bballguy50 wrote:At the end of the day, I feel our guys gave everything they had essentially running on no gas, bad tires and the brakes were shot.

Take next year to regroup and recover, and come back strong in 2020-21.

We have the most back to back schedules this season.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#490 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 am

Muscles wrote:Raptors get zero credit from me. Not after what Green did to Klay.

Green has a clean reputation.

But clipping him from behind was a reckless play. He wasn't blocking that shot. He wasn't out jumping Klay from behind.

Klay looked like he was going to score over 40 this game. Raptors couldn't shut down the Warriors with just Klay and Steph as the only consistent offensive threats.

They needed the Warriors to lose Klay to get a one or two possession win.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 454

Post#491 » by Swift21 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 am

I just hope that's not an ACL Injury for Klay.

This roster is in a very precarious position right now. I would hate to be Myers right now.
heyrayray
Senior
And1: 535

Post#492 » by heyrayray » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 am

wco81 wrote:
Muscles wrote:Raptors get zero credit from me. Not after what Green did to Klay.

But clipping him from behind was a reckless play. He wasn't blocking that shot. He wasn't out jumping Klay from behind.

Klay looked like he was going to score over 40 this game. Raptors couldn't shut down the Warriors with just Klay and Steph as the only consistent offensive threats.

He was going for the ball. It was an accident.
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#493 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 am

I'm suprised that I'm not as hurt as I thought I would be over this loss. I legit wanted to cry in 2016 which was likely cause it ruined my birthday lol. Don't know where we go from here but other than some knucklehead plays here and there, the boys put it all out there on the court. Go dubs!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#494 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 am

I wonder how the ratings were this year, because without a second US market involved, it might have been much higher to meet ratings of previous seasons.

Sure the ratings were great in Canada but the NBA gets paid by their US TV deals, not deals in Canada or most other overseas market.

Yet the officiating really favored the Raptors.

Look at Cousins struggling to get foul calls. When he gets a call, he's been fouled 3 times on the play.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant

Post#495 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 am

Tough breaks.
It’s hard to lose your best player and 3rd best player.
Even in 2015, we were clearly pretty well matched and was winning on overtime vs a healthy Irving.
Love has Been proven to not be much of a factor vs the dubs. Cavs still had their best player.

Injuries suck but are part of the game. Toronto gets the championship.
Warriors fans will be thinking what if naturally, like cavs in 2015. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that they won and we lost.
On to the off-season.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 751

Post#496 » by jaymo123 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 am

bballguy50 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
bballguy50 wrote:
Not really, I've thought it for a long time. Draymond's bad decision-making is increasingly outweighing everything else. His game will not age well either, losing any shooting touch he had already.

Let someone else give him a max deal.

Draymond is surrounded by guys that don't want to shoot except Steph who was trapped in a box all night. He's a top-3 defender and if we don't give him the money, we can't give it to anyone else.

You're emotional and not thinking straight.

Not particularly, I've thought this for a long time. He's a top defender at the moment, but the nature of his game when he UFAs will be a much different story. He will be a bad contract if we give him the money.

I agree on that part. However, I wouldn't give him up for nothing today but if he is performing the same way next year, I wouldn't offer him a contract.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#497 » by Samurai » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 am

I understand the Raptors did everything they could to force Curry to give up the ball and force someone else to beat them. Still looks kinda odd that Curry played 10 more minutes in a Finals elimination game than Iggy and yet Andre outscored Steph. We needed Curry to hit the open 3 anytime he could get one but he didn't have a great shooting night.

We really need to somehow find a cheap 3-and-D wing to fill KD's position. Just Curry and Klay as our only shooters for all of next season won't cut it; the rest of the league will see what Nurse did to our KD-less offense and keep tweaking it.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 454

Post#498 » by Swift21 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 am

wco81 wrote:

Agreed, That was reckless.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#499 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:14 am

Swift21 wrote:I just hope that's not an ACL Injury for Klay.

This roster is in a very precarious position right now. I would hate to be Myers right now.

Nonsense. We are perfectly positioned with several year long rehab projects to coast to a 23 win season next year and a top 5 pick. We dodged a bullet figuring out that Boogie doesn’t fit, even if he gets his body right. Klay and KD will become blood/weed brothers during their rehab years and both will sign long term extensions.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant

Post#500 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 am

Admiral-Kizaru wrote:I'm suprised that I'm not as hurt as I thought I would be over this loss. I legit wanted to cry in 2016 which was likely cause it ruined my birthday lol. Don't know where we go from here but other than some knucklehead plays here and there, the boys put it all out there on the court. Go dubs!

Same,
But it’s probably cause we would’ve won that series 9 times out of 10. An unwarranted suspension/bad coaching/ and choking lead to that loss.
This one, they were a slightly better team without Durant, but not even close without klay.
Only reason vegas has us a slight favs for the series at the beginning was bc they thought Durant was coming back.

Return to Golden State Warriors