Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Re: Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread 

Post#61 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:09 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:Clippers have been quiet rumorwise
They were rumored to have made an offer for AD that didn't get any traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#62 » by loserX » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:10 am

Also the Clips' reported #1 target is still playing. They already got busted once for tampering so they may be keeping a lid on things.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#63 » by NYG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:12 am

jbk1234 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I think we’re all going to be surprised at how little AD fetches

I mean, people are caught up like it’s Giannis, or LeBron/Harden in their primes

AD has always been IMO overrated. He’s never led a highly winning team, and it’s questionable whether s finishing big like him really transforms the game in today’s nba

AD has never led anything but a perimeter playoff team. I think there is sound reason why you wouldn’t fork over as much as what’s being discussed, particularly if there is good reason he can leave. I can see the Knicks being reticent on 3/Mitch/picks. I can also see the Lakers not offering the total, unequivocal farm if there is a chance he can join in FA a year later

I suspect things fall apart quickly in L.A. if A.D. is traded elsewhere. More than any other team, they need to land him.

The media narrative of AD to LAL seems so obvious and with too many details to the media not to be overly leaked as tactic to get more elsewhere.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#64 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 am

Boston has to pull out of AD stakes if Kyrie is leaving

Won’t have enough around him

Ainge was probably in AD stakes to keep Kyrie too
NYG
RealGM

Post#65 » by NYG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 am

Ujiri getting a super offer from the Wizards?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#66 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:46 am

Read on Twitter
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#67 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 am

The west is wild open next year.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#68 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:11 am

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:The west is wild open next year.

Doesn’t that feel so weird? I don’t really know what to think. It almost seems like the Warriors will be fighting just for playoff contention unless they can somehow get some depth. This will really show how good of a coach Steve Kerr actually is.

Currently, I can see the Blazers, Nuggets, Rockets, and Thunder all duking it out for early season favorites. Who knows what free agency and trades will do to that though.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#69 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:24 am

kalenclayton wrote:

Doesn’t that feel so weird? I don’t really know what to think. It almost seems like the Warriors will be fighting just for playoff contention unless they can somehow get some depth. This will really show how good of a coach Steve Kerr actually is.

Currently, I can see the Blazers, Nuggets, Rockets, and Thunder all duking it out for early season favorites. Who knows what free agency and trades will do to that though.

Changes the dynamics. Kemba and Butler probably get a few more looks. Can see teams over paying second and third tier FAs to make a run.

Opens up AD trade market more for teams with a running mate for him.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#70 » by Mich3006 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 am

kalenclayton wrote:

The value of guys like Bradley Beal or Mike Conley increases immediately after the injuries of KD and Klay.
NYG
RealGM

Post#71 » by NYG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:56 am

Ayatollah wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

The value of guys like Bradley Beal or Mike Conley increases immediately after the injuries of KD and Klay.

If the Wizards hire Ujiri, I don’t see Beal being traded.
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#72 » by JamesConway » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 am

Read on Twitter

Is Begley credible?
NYG
RealGM

Post#73 » by NYG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:00 am

JamesConway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is Begley credible?

Would Dallas take Russell and Julius Randle (stretching Lee/THJ) as a positive off-season?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#74 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:07 am

Ayatollah wrote:The value of guys like Bradley Beal or Mike Conley increases immediately after the injuries of KD and Klay.

As a Grizz fan I really hope so. The coaching hire came out of no where for us so did our FO finally learn to keep the lid on negotiation talks? Because I haven't heard anything other than 3-5 teams have called about him. Would love to have an idea of what the packages may look like, but more importantly I hope they are aggressively figuring out what offers are out there both before/during the draft and after teams strike out in FA.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#75 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:59 am

Why is New York no longer seemingly bidding for Davis?

They must like Barrett a lot.

I think they could beat some of these offers even keeping Mitch, given the tier difference of the 3rd pick and the Lakers 4th
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#76 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:02 am

BoogieTime wrote:Why is New York no longer seemingly bidding for Davis?

I think they could beat some of these offers even keeping Mitch, given the tier difference of the 3rd pick and the Lakers 4th

I think they are hesitant to give up what it would take to get him since he could walk after a year. They also may not have someone to pair with him now that KD is out for the year and Kyrie is likely heading to BKN. Supposedly NOP wasn't as high on their youth so they likely were asking for #3 plus a lot to get up to what they saw as AD's value.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#77 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:28 am

BoogieTime wrote:I think we’re all going to be surprised at how little AD fetches

I mean, people are caught up like it’s Giannis, or LeBron/Harden in their primes

AD has always been IMO overrated. He’s never led a highly winning team, and it’s questionable whether s finishing big like him really transforms the game in today’s nba

AD has never led anything but a perimeter playoff team. I think there is sound reason why you wouldn’t fork over as much as what’s being discussed, particularly if there is good reason he can leave. I can see the Knicks being reticent on 3/Mitch/picks. I can also see the Lakers not offering the total, unequivocal farm if there is a chance he can join in FA a year later

Seems like we saw a lot of similar comments like this when George/Kawhi/Butler were traded.

And now, if anything, I'd say quite a few teams are kicking themselves for not going harder after those players.

At the very least, I think Boston and LA have regrets and are ready to do what it takes to land AD. All it takes is 2 teams that are both desperate to get a deal done. I wouldn't hold my breath on AD being traded cheaply. Expect the kitchen sink.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#78 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:11 am

Who would AD play with this season?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,476

Post#79 » by Karmaloop » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Because the Knicks' assets sans the 3rd overall pick aren't anything great. Mitch is a good piece, but he's not a great piece. But the problem is the Knicks' secondary assets pale in comparison to say the Lakers.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#80 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Trades and Transactions