NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Re: NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW 

Post#501 » by superunknown » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 am

Danny green made a dirty play.
Karma will get back at him sooner or later.
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#502 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 am

Yea, I'm hoping we Tank next year lol with rehab and ****. We need some new blood and the only way to get that is through the Draft.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,310

Post#503 » by SpreeS » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:17 am

Kerr you are stupid ****. How can Curry shoot only 14 time in the most important game of the year? How? What was your plan for the best your scorer? Curry could create plays for himself and others...Green with 8 TOV and ignoring Curry all the time.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#504 » by azwfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:17 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:I just hope that's not an ACL Injury for Klay.

This roster is in a very precarious position right now. I would hate to be Myers right now.

Nonsense. We are perfectly positioned with several year long rehab projects to coast to a 23 win season next year and a top 5 pick. We dodged a bullet figuring out that Boogie doesn’t fit, even if he gets his body right. Klay and KD will become blood/weed brothers during their rehab years and both will sign long term extensions.

Light years ahead.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#505 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:17 am

I am actually happy for Lowry. He seems to be a likable guy and definitely paid his dues for this
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#506 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 am

Admiral-Kizaru wrote:Yea, I'm hoping we Tank next year lol with rehab and ****. We need some new blood and the only way to get that is through the Draft.

Trade I up for bol bol
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#507 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 am

BG wrote:
HiRez wrote:Really proud of these guys, but it does feel like a definitive end of an era. Offseason will be interesting.

yeah i get the same feeling too, like this is the end of that historic run for us. sounds really weird, but i'm fine with that last game no matter the loss, they played their asses off for one last time, it just wasn't enough at the end. of course it sucks, but you can't come out at the top all the time, especially when you have to fight against all these injuries. seeing looney playing hurt, klay fighting through that hamstring and not even mentioning it once, KD coming back and trying to help us (too soon maybe)...that's pure heart, and i'm fine if that run ends like that.

as you said, this offseason will be really interesting, and i'm ready for whatever. if the FO decides to shake things up, fine, if they take another shot with that core (that's what i would prefer tbh), no problem, we were on the edge of winning it all again this year, so that team can't be THAT bad.

As long as Warriors have the Spash Bros they can build around that.

But Myers HAS to get a deeper team...Watching Warriors get open look after open look for guys that can't shoot...that's rough.

I'd take Curry and Klay and Miratich and one other shooter with ability Swith.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#508 » by azwfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 am

jamesnamida wrote:
Admiral-Kizaru wrote:I'm suprised that I'm not as hurt as I thought I would be over this loss. I legit wanted to cry in 2016 which was likely cause it ruined my birthday lol. Don't know where we go from here but other than some knucklehead plays here and there, the boys put it all out there on the court. Go dubs!

Same,
But it’s probably cause we would’ve won that series 9 times out of 10. An unwarranted suspension/bad coaching/ and choking lead to that loss.
This one, they were a slightly better team without Durant, but not even close without klay.
Only reason vegas has us a slight favs for the series at the beginning was bc they thought Durant was coming back.

I think i'm not as hurt is because after game 2 i realized that they were the better team if we don't get Durant back. Then we lost Klay and Looney. I think all things considered, we played pretty well. Yeah, the defense could've been better and the turnovers were annoying, but we competed and showed up. Hope Klay's okay.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,697

Post#509 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 am

Love this team and proud of the heart they showed tonight. Hoping Klay and KD have speedy recoveries and we bring the band back. I know KD will miss most or all of next year but but I don’t want to go in a new direction. On to next year
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#510 » by SFrush » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 am

Just wasn't our year. I'm very proud of the effort though.

Now we have to nervously await the MRI results on Klay's knee. Sigh
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,238

Post#511 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 am

Admiral-Kizaru wrote:Yea, I'm hoping we Tank next year lol with rehab and ****. We need some new blood and the only way to get that is through the Draft.

They’ll run Steph into the ground before they let our first season in the Chase Center be lottery bound.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#512 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
BG wrote:
HiRez wrote:Really proud of these guys, but it does feel like a definitive end of an era. Offseason will be interesting.

yeah i get the same feeling too, like this is the end of that historic run for us. sounds really weird, but i'm fine with that last game no matter the loss, they played their asses off for one last time, it just wasn't enough at the end. of course it sucks, but you can't come out at the top all the time, especially when you have to fight against all these injuries. seeing looney playing hurt, klay fighting through that hamstring and not even mentioning it once, KD coming back and trying to help us (too soon maybe)...that's pure heart, and i'm fine if that run ends like that.

as you said, this offseason will be really interesting, and i'm ready for whatever. if the FO decides to shake things up, fine, if they take another shot with that core (that's what i would prefer tbh), no problem, we were on the edge of winning it all again this year, so that team can't be THAT bad.

As long as Warriors have the Spash Bros they can build around that.

But Myers HAS to get a deeper team...Watching Warriors get open look after open look for guys that can't shoot...that's rough.

I'd take Curry and Klay and Miratich and one other shooter with ability Swith.

I’m not so concerned with more shooting as I am with us adding a (in addition to KD) guy with some size who can attack the basket off the bounce. With how much attention Steph and Klay draw on the perimeter we do need one more guy who can get to the rim and finish strong.
BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#513 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 am

game 3 and game 4 are opportunities.
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#514 » by cpower » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 am

SpreeS wrote:Kerr you are stupid ****. How can Curry shoot only 14 time in the most important game of the year? How? What was your plan for the best your scorer? Curry could create plays for himself and others...Green with 8 TOV and ignoring Curry all the time.

2016 all over again...this time we are even more difficult to counter is because of lack of depth. I wouldnt blame Kerr though Curry does not want to shoot the ball from start of the game
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#515 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 am

gst8 wrote:

They’ll run Steph into the ground before they let our first season in the Chase Center be lottery bound.

Pfft...the seats are already sold for next year. Lacob is light years ahead. He’s run the numbers on this and knows that adding a lotto pick so that this team doesn’t fall off a cliff is the best possible investment he can make in the future of the Chase centerS
heyrayray
Senior
And1: 535

Post#516 » by heyrayray » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 am

We lost all our home games. Smh.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#517 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 am

McKinnie needs to seize the opportunity in front of him. He needs to become a wing, not just a leaping rebounder. He needs to be reliable at the corner three and he needs to spend all summer dribbling a basketball wherever he goes. He should get in Steph him pocket and do everything Steph does to train all summer long.

His goal should be MIP in 2020
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#518 » by cpower » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 am

heyrayray wrote:We lost all our home games. Smh.

we lost a lot of home games in the RS and people have been arguing with me that we will turn on the defense anytime in the playoffs
BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#519 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 am

Klay and KD injuries are equivalent to Kyrie and Lebron going down. That **** never happened.
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#520 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 am

Poor game 6 klay.
Hope he’s ok.

Kerr and curry **** the bed.
Zone was working so well.
Also curry needed open looks or mismatches. Pick and roll more.
I’ve never been a fan at dray being the primary handler when defenses switch against the motion offense. Have curry play and pick and roll.

Return to Golden State Warriors