NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Re: NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW 

Post#541 » by nismolos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:10 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
superunknown wrote:It sucks loosing this way.
Too much misfortune with injuries.
Hope kd and klay can fully recover and get the ring these guys deserved next year.

The year after. We need some rest. These guys have played an extra season worth of basketball over the last five years. We should do a San Antonio special and fake a couple of more injuries with KD down for the year and steal a lotto pick. Reload and then scorch the **** earth for the rest of Steph’s career.

this. if current roster can get us past WCF again next year...theres a slight chance KD can help us win in the finals. I wouldve taken a rusty KD to be at least a spot up shooter and defender in this series
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#542 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:12 am

wco81 wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:It was a great 5 year run. This is probably the end but I enjoyed every second of it.

Hopefully Klay is alright.

Fact that they haven't said makes me nervous.

It doesn't take a lot of time to diagnose knee injuries. They have a good idea what it is but maybe they don't want to announce it now.

Is it because it's bad news?

Or are they like not trying to rain on Raptors' parade because it is serious?

Even if it is serious nothing will be announced until tomorrow.
thegreatone1b
Freshman
And1: 99

Post#543 » by thegreatone1b » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:14 am

Muscles wrote:Raptors get zero credit from me. Not after what Green did to Klay.

He went for ball and had no intention of hurting him. Stop being salty.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,255

Post#544 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 am

thegreatone1b wrote:
Muscles wrote:Raptors get zero credit from me. Not after what Green did to Klay.

Intention doesn't mean ****.

If you play enough basketball, you learn that certain plays aren't worth the risk of injury to yourself or others.

Like for instance low-bridging players, which Lowry does a lot under the basket against taller players trying to get rebounds over him.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#545 » by nismolos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:21 am

idk why everyone keeps thinking this is the end. Steph, Klay, and one of KD or Green are locks. I dont see any team in the west getting past us unless AD and Lebron team up and even that im not convinced would beat us.
thegreatone1b
Freshman

Post#546 » by thegreatone1b » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:21 am

Realfan2019 wrote:Lol Kawhi must be the weakest finals MVP since Iggy I can remember. His team carried him in these finals except for game 4. He has been kinda ass, probably injured but he was not finals MVP deserving.

FG% PPG RPG APG BLKPG
2019 Kawhi Leonard F Toronto Raptors .496 26.6 7.3 3.3 0.4
2018 Kevin Durant F Golden State Warriors .516 26.4 6.8 5.4 1.8
2017 Kevin Durant F Golden State Warriors .537 25.1 8.3 4.8 1.6
2016 LeBron James F Cleveland Cavaliers .520 25.3 7.4 6.8 0.6
2015 Andre Iguodala F Golden State Warriors .466 7.8 3.3 3.0 0.3

So is Durant then.
thegreatone1b
Freshman

Post#547 » by thegreatone1b » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:22 am

BayArea wrote:The Claw actually taking KD's FMVP this year, lol

As he should. As oppose to who?
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#548 » by likashing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 am

Funny people say it like it’s over for us. Let’s see if we can re-sign KD first. Even if he leaves, we are still a contender.

I said it when KD joined 3 years ago. The Showtime Lakers went to the Finals 9 of 12 seasons and won 5 rings. Not saying we can be as great, but it’s not over for us. 5 straight Finals and 3 rings right now. We are still a contender as long as we put good players around Steph. The Raptors got us. I don’t want to play the injury excuse game. I am not on the level of those Rockets fans.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
thegreatone1b
Freshman

Post#549 » by thegreatone1b » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:34 am

wco81 wrote:
thegreatone1b wrote:

Intention doesn't mean ****.

If you play enough basketball, you learn that certain plays aren't worth the risk of injury to yourself or others.

Like for instance low-bridging players, which Lowry does a lot under the basket against taller players trying to get rebounds over him.

Are we talking about Lowry or Danny Green here? The OP point was Green on Klay. Not Lowry.

If you play enough ball, you are coached to not give up easy buckets. DGreen went for the ball which threw off Klay's landing. Welcome to basketball, every time a player jumps and makes contact with another player this can happen. Hence intention plays a role. If Danny Green went up and grab Klay or elbows him without going for the ball then there is intent to injury, which plays into a flagrant. This was a pure accident.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#550 » by SFrush » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:35 am

Klay :cry:
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#551 » by likashing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:35 am

HiRez wrote:
likashing wrote:I don’t think we lost because of the final play. But the final play was stupid and is the same error for the whole season.

Down 1. 8 seconds to go. Full time out to call a play. Kerr and Curry went for another 3.

I’ve been saying the same thing all season (and last season). 3 has more points. But 2 had a higher percentage. I’d take an extra 3-5% for the ball to actually get into the bucket than a 3.

3 is good. But it is not your only option.

Yeah, I hate that. Our inability to get an easy 2 when that’s all we need is disturbing, especially since our opponents are loading up on the 3 point line. Even when Steph is on it’s like a 40% shot, that’s terrible when you don’t need 3.

Off season priority other than the free agents, is to re-tool our offensive scheme.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#552 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:36 am

thunderdunk wrote:Forget all that. How's Klay?

Torn ACL, just reported

**** everything
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#553 » by Samurai » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:37 am

likashing wrote:
HiRez wrote:
likashing wrote:I don’t think we lost because of the final play. But the final play was stupid and is the same error for the whole season.

Down 1. 8 seconds to go. Full time out to call a play. Kerr and Curry went for another 3.

I’ve been saying the same thing all season (and last season). 3 has more points. But 2 had a higher percentage. I’d take an extra 3-5% for the ball to actually get into the bucket than a 3.

3 is good. But it is not your only option.

Yeah, I hate that. Our inability to get an easy 2 when that’s all we need is disturbing, especially since our opponents are loading up on the 3 point line. Even when Steph is on it’s like a 40% shot, that’s terrible when you don’t need 3.

Off season priority other than the free agents, is to re-tool our offensive scheme.

Playing a little defense, other than our strategy of daring other teams to shoot wide-open 3's, couldn't hurt either.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#554 » by thunderdunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:41 am

If Klay has a bad knee injury, that makes this off season even weirder. Do they offer two max contracts to two future HoF players who are both badly injured? Hate to say it, but if Klay's injury is bad, they will have to wait until the surgery is performed in order to make any kind of assessment at all as to what they want to do. If the surgery goes well, I think they likely offer both Klay and KD max deals, and then see what happens. If both sign, both sit out most/all of next season. It could even be possible that both players come back in time for the playoffs and they win another ring... That said, I sure hope Klay's injury isn't bad, and that he comes back 100%, asap. But otherwise things can get really strange really fast. PS: Huge props to Kevon for playing with a broken rib or whatever for the last several games. Yikes. Hopefully they can re-sign him too. He's turned into a key piece for them.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#555 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:42 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Torn ACL, just reported

**** everything

Oh my god this is horrible. Has any team every suffered such a devastating post season? Jesus.

Welp. Tanking seems like a real option now.
BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#556 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Torn ACL, just reported

**** everything

same Derrick Rose?
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,255

Post#557 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 am

That's why Steph was pissed when that play went down.

He knew that contact was completely unnecessary by Danny Green.

New stadiums are a bad curse in the Bay Area. First the =49ers plummet just as they go to Levi's, now the Warriors.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer

Post#558 » by thunderdunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 am

Torn ACL? *****. Here's hoping he has successful surgery. They can do a lot more with ACL's than ever in the past. That said, Klay has been one of the most durable players in the NBA for his whole career. Hopefully he comes back close to 100%. But this injury throws a wrench in his free agency in a significant way. He was a no-brainer max deal before tonight. Now? *****.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#559 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Torn ACL, just reported

**** everything

Adrian Petersen led the NFL in rushing after his ACL/MCL. Klay will be awesome. Max him. Do it now.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer

Post#560 » by thunderdunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 am

PS: Klay was injured on a regular basketball play. It happens. Nothing dirty about it. It sucks, but it happens.

Return to Golden State Warriors