ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Re: NBA Finals Game 6: TOR @ GSW 

Post#561 » by thunderdunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 am

Playing devil's advocate here... How does Klay's injury impact KD's decision? If they both sign and come back toward the end of next season, I truly think the Dubs could win another ring next year. But that adds a ton of speculation to the equation. If KD was thinking of coming back before tonight, or not, what will he be thinking now?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#562 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:06 am

thunderdunk wrote:Playing devil's advocate here... How does Klay's injury impact KD's decision? If they both sign and come back toward the end of next season, I truly think the Dubs could win another ring next year. But that adds a ton of speculation to the equation. If KD was thinking of coming back before tonight, or not, what will he be thinking now?

Doubt KD would be ready for a playoff run and considering what happened, they probably wouldn't risk it. Klay, maybe, but honestly I'd rather they both sit out the whole season, everyone on this team needs some serious rest. And yeah, it wouldn't hurt to have a draft pick higher than #30 for once.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#563 » by likashing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:08 am

Samurai wrote:
likashing wrote:
HiRez wrote:Yeah, I hate that. Our inability to get an easy 2 when that’s all we need is disturbing, especially since our opponents are loading up on the 3 point line. Even when Steph is on it’s like a 40% shot, that’s terrible when you don’t need 3.

Off season priority other than the free agents, is to re-tool our offensive scheme.

Playing a little defense, other than our strategy of daring other teams to shoot wide-open 3's, couldn't hurt either.

It’s funny too as we don’t shoot that many 3s nowadays, maybe rank around 15 for % or FGA being 3s. Obviously with KD the #s is skewed since he shoots mid range a lot.

But during crunch time, when we don’t need a 3, like down 1 with seconds to go, or up 5 with 50s left and we just want to get points to hang on for the win, we nearly *always* revert to a homer in/prayer 3 attempt. Like always. I have no idea.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
thegreatone1b
Freshman
And1: 99

Post#564 » by thegreatone1b » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:10 am

thunderdunk wrote:PS: Klay was injured on a regular basketball play. It happens. Nothing dirty about it. It sucks, but it happens.

Agreed.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#565 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:18 am

thegreatone1b wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:PS: Klay was injured on a regular basketball play. It happens. Nothing dirty about it. It sucks, but it happens.

Agreed.

Green had no chance at stopping that shot without fouling him.

Completely unnecessary to take that kind of risk on the health of Klay and his own health, as he could have landed wrong after an unnecessary collision in the air.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#566 » by Coxy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 am

BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#567 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 am

Game 6 Klay God Mode Activated and then suddenly Green injured him AGAIN!

hoping for your fast recovery man! you are truly a warrior!
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#568 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:32 am

Players miss shots and all that.
But the turnovers could’ve been avoided. Especially from dray.

It took 6 games for Kerr to realize that their high pick and rolls and drive kicks were killing us. Zone worked so well, but he went away from it at the end.
He also couldn’t find plays to get curry open until the last shot. Should’ve moved away from motion offense a bit more. And curry really needed to be there all half even when he didn’t play well.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#569 » by thunderdunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 pm

wco81 wrote:
thegreatone1b wrote:

Agreed.

Completely unnecessary to take that kind of risk on the health of Klay and his own health, as he could have landed wrong after an unnecessary collision in the air.

Players foul someone going up for a layup all the time. No point in second guessing it. It wasn't like a flagrant foul where he undercut him or anything like that. It was just a really unfortunate injury.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#570 » by daswunderboy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:12 pm

thunderdunk wrote:
wco81 wrote:
thegreatone1b wrote:Agreed.

Players foul someone going up for a layup all the time. No point in second guessing it. It wasn't like a flagrant foul where he undercut him or anything like that. It was just a really unfortunate injury.

Right, that foul was so incidental, Klay's knee just buckeled on the way down. Hell, that kind of landing could have happened if he wasn't fouled.

I hope he and KD have quick full recoveries. They are both so damn good and nightmare inducing for other fans (seriously, I saw Klay shoot some 3's this series where he caught the ball over his head and drained the long 3 without bringing the ball down or even really bending his elbows. His skill level is just on another level).

Good luck next year, I'm with Draymond, people counting out this team are dumb.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,201

Post#571 » by Outside » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I was prepared for almost any outcome from that game except the one that actually happened. I'm going to be numb for a while.

I kept finding myself saying, "they're actually in this," "they're actually ahead!" Second quarter, third quarter, my god, fourth quarter and they actually lead. How can this be possible?

Because they're champions. What a team.

I feel guilty, because I'm sorta glad Curry didn't make that last shot. Maybe they'd surprise me, and everyone, in game 7 with one more performance, one more game they had no business winning, but without Klay, the odds of that seem so long. I'd hate to see them go out losing big in game 7. If they had to lose, let it be like this, with a shot to win it at the end, against all odds.

Congratulations to the Raptors. They're worthy champions.

But I'm even luckier than Raptors fans. I'm a fan of a team for the ages.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#572 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:Forget all that. How's Klay?

Torn ACL, just reported

**** everything

Adrian Petersen led the NFL in rushing after his ACL/MCL. Klay will be awesome. Max him. Do it now.

I agree, I'm just pissed because Klay was in cheat code game 6 mode and we were going to win that game, and I don't know if the Raps could have regained momentum in game 7 after losing two elimination games.

Not to mention next season is going to be a throwaway season. Great way to open the new arena!

LOUD NOISES
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors