ImageImageImageImageImage

Klay tore his ACL

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#41 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 am

So...THAT's why teams don't go to 5 or 6 straight championships! Poor dudes are just wearing the F out!

At this point it looks like next year is the Curry show lol...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#42 » by BayArea408415 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 am

Realfan2019 wrote:6-8 month. He should be back by January.

Danny Green was not at fault contesting that dunk. It wasn’t like he pushed him while in mid air. He made a play for the ball.

Green was awful in his play, 0 pts and could have made the finals deciding blunder there at the end if that Curry didn’t bail him out.

There was still body to body contact in addition to the contact on the hand/wrist, which is what caused Klay’s awkward landing. It was reckless like his hipcheck which caused Klay to do the splits and strain his hamstring.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#43 » by superunknown » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 am

the hell.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#44 » by Wiltside » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:50 am

Sucks for Klay. One of my favourite non-Heat players. An absolute star, unheralded and elite on both ends.

Hope he gets that knee right. He’ll be fine in the long run.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#45 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:19 am

BayArea408415 wrote:
Realfan2019 wrote:6-8 month. He should be back by January.

Danny Green was not at fault contesting that dunk. It wasn’t like he pushed him while in mid air. He made a play for the ball.

Green was awful in his play, 0 pts and could have made the finals deciding blunder there at the end if that Curry didn’t bail him out.

There was still body to body contact in addition to the contact on the hand/wrist, which is what caused Klay’s awkward landing. It was reckless like his hipcheck which caused Klay to do the splits and strain his hamstring.

So greens the real mvp
Got klay out twice. Not on purpose but the result of the play.
Senchu
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#46 » by Senchu » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 am

Terrible news. Only way to stop game 6 Klay :(
On the bright side...
Looks like tanking is back on the menu, guys!

Or Curry will be gunning for MVP.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,798

Post#47 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:43 am

Really sorry to hear about Klay, guys. I hope his recovery is free of complications and fast.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#48 » by Froob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 am

Hate to see this happen, hope Klay heals quickly. Do you guys think Boogie returns? Not sure why his stock would have improved from last year.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#49 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Froob wrote:Hate to see this happen, hope Klay heals quickly. Do you guys think Boogie returns? Not sure why his stock would have improved from last year.

I don’t think Cuz will get offers from good teams/situations any better than what we can do, but he doesn’t really fit here. I guess we might try to keep him as a trade piece if his 2nd year of rehab goes, it I would expect a bad team to throw too much money at him and he can’t afford to keep rolling the dice on good health
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#50 » by Froob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Froob wrote:Hate to see this happen, hope Klay heals quickly. Do you guys think Boogie returns? Not sure why his stock would have improved from last year.

I don’t think Cuz will get offers from good teams/situations any better than what we can do, but he doesn’t really fit here. I guess we might try to keep him as a trade piece if his 2nd year of rehab goes, it I would expect a bad team to throw too much money at him and he can’t afford to keep rolling the dice on good health

Won’t you be desperate for anybody at this point tho? Is there any cap space from Livingston retiring freed up? Gotta pay Looney and Klay. I think it’d be worth keeping him around, maybe he rounds to form again.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
israelfirst
Senior
And1: 1,034

Post#51 » by israelfirst » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 pm

max out klay and durant. keep them out of the year. shelve curry, draymond, iggy with some made up injuries. sign a bunch of g league players and tank, tank, tank.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,238

Post#52 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:
nismolos wrote:Jimmy G tore his ACL in early september...he was on the field 8 months later although limited. Klay seems to heal like Wolverine so he might be full strength in 6 months

No contact though.

A torn ACL is a torn ACL. If anything non contact might be worse because it being indicative of weaker muscles supporting the knee... which is still a stretch really.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,548

Post#53 » by ken6199 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 pm

I am 10 months post-surgery, from my experience:
- 1 month, you can start walking around, driving etc.
- 2 months, brace off
- 3 months, start with some basic running, hopping, but in a controlled manner
- 6 months, medically fully cleared to do anything (basketball, skiiing, etc), muscle mass / body fat etc all back to pre-injury status

Though I feel like I still need 2-3 months to overcome that mental hurdle of "yes I can make this move" participating contact sports, physically nothing stops me from doing anything right now. 2-3 miles of running is easily manageable, though with a considerable longer warmup and cooldown.

More than 99% of the people can recover from an ACL injury to their pre-injury condition, also remember that.

As an athlete, I expect Klay to be back in practice around 6-8 months, that would be Christmas this year. I have no idea why it took so long for Brandon Knight to recover (dude is trash anyway), but for someone like Klay who's game is never based on his athleticism, and for how durable of a player he has been up to this career, my money is on him being 100% ready by playoffs next year.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,086

Post#54 » by Outside » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Rotation next season:

Curry/Cook
Lee/Evans
Iguodala/McKinnie
Draymond/Looney/Bell
Cousins/Jones

Personally, I think we need to upgrade Cook in the draft. Find an offensive minded, ball-handling guard with some speed that can get into the lane and shoot from outside. Someone like Carsen Edwards could provide exactly the instant offense we need off the bench. He can't be any worse than Cook.

Lee and Evans should both benefit greatly from getting all the playing time at the other guard spot.

McKinnie has enough raw physical talent to invest heavy playing time in next season.

Rotation next season:

Warrior/Warrior
Warrior/Warrior
Warrior/Warrior
Warrior/Warrior
Warrior/Warrior

Go Warriors!
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,086

Post#55 » by Outside » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Coxy wrote:
Spoiler:

Klay is a treasure. A lot of people think he's hugely overrated because he doesn't rank well in many metrics, but those metrics apparently don't factor in heart, toughness, confidence to make shots in the toughest of pressure situations, and championships. Beneath that goofy, China Klay veneer is a stone cold killer, and I love both of those sides of him. Please let him be a Warrior forever.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#56 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:02 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:
nismolos wrote:Jimmy G tore his ACL in early september...he was on the field 8 months later although limited. Klay seems to heal like Wolverine so he might be full strength in 6 months

No contact though.

I blew out my ACL on a similar play, getting clipped from behind and landing badly. They tell me the shot went in.

It was a breakaway situation, the guy wasn't going to get the ball without going through my body. He was taller and could out jump me but neither of us were going above the rim.

That is why I will always believe Danny Green made a reckless play. No malicious intent but still reckless.

And completely unnecessary, since he didn't want to injure anyone.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#57 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Klay is a bonafide Warriors Legend and as they are a world class organization I expect them to do right by him and pay the man.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#58 » by TinoDubs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:46 pm

I would love to to see the Dubs to MAX out both Klay and KD. Most teams would do a same. Max them out, who knows they both may be back in time for the playoffs next year. If they do, let's which top seeded will tank so they don't have to face the Dubs in the PO.

Go Dubs!!!
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#59 » by Jester_ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:09 pm

I like Sleepy's idea - max both, tank next year, get our future star and go back to ransacking the league.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#60 » by Bruin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Really disappointing news. I hope him the best in his recovery. What a fantastic player God his shot is something else

Luckily his game isn’t really reliant on athleticism so I’m expecting a strong comeback to full health and elite play

Return to Golden State Warriors