ImageImageImageImageImage

Offseason Thread - Now it's everyone's offseason

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

What should we do?

**** 2019. Keep rebuilding.
31%
Sign KD and Punt
14%
Try for KD AND Kawhi first and rebuild if not
41%
Sign Young High Level Starters
10%
Sign KD and Additional Players
5%

Total votes: 153

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,913

Offseason Thread - Now it's everyone's offseason 

Post#1 » by Capn'O » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Continue on:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,024

Re: Offseason Thread - Now it's everyone's offseason 

Post#2 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:57 pm

abort the plan, draft barrett, and watch money mitch drop 3's, block threes, and dunk with deez nuts in faces.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#3 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm

We haven't given enough love to Mario's Fortnite-orientated twitch channel imo - it's where the real off season action is :wink:

https://www.twitch.tv/supermariohezonja
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#4 » by Polk377 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Knicks just picked up Trier's $3.5 mil option. Is this telling that the Knicks are out on 2 max deals, Trier is being shopped in packages or is it nothing?
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,884

Post#5 » by Stannis » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Looks like Warriors will do sign the injured Klay and Durant, tank 2019-2020 plan. Makes perfect sense. Their dynasty can't end that way. No disrespect to the cRaptors, but Warriors really could not have been more unlucky.

I'm not sure if Curry can lead this team to the playoffs. So they can sit him out lot of games due to "load management".

Who knows, they could get a really high pick like the Pelicans did. And come back with Klay + Durant + lottery pick.
Free Palestine
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#6 » by shtolky » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Polk377 wrote:Knicks just picked up Trier's $3.5 mil option. Is this telling that the Knicks are out on 2 max deals, Trier is being shopped in packages or is it nothing?

Doesn't affect the two max slots. They can use him in a deal now. Most likely reason for exercising the option is that he's a young prospect to have at a low cost.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#7 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Stannis wrote:Looks like Warriors will do sign the injured Klay and Durant, tank 2019-2020 plan. Makes perfect sense. Their dynasty can't end that way. No disrespect to the cRaptors, but Warriors really could not have been more unlucky.

I'm not sure if Curry can lead this team to the playoffs. So they can sit him out lot of games due to "load management".

Who knows, they could get a really high pick like the Pelicans did. And come back with Klay + Durant + lottery pick.

one year mid-career break for erryone
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,549

Post#8 » by Knick4Real » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Polk377 wrote:Knicks just picked up Trier's $3.5 mil option. Is this telling that the Knicks are out on 2 max deals, Trier is being shopped in packages or is it nothing?

I think it's odd that Trier's contract would be the KNICKS' very first move if we were simply staying pat. I think something is up.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#9 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:03 pm

shtolky wrote:

Doesn't affect the two max slots. They can use him in a deal now. Most likely reason for exercising the option is that he's a young prospect to have at a low cost.

It does affect the two max slots situation. They can't keep now Dotson and sign Durant and a 30%-FA without trading away some other piece of salary. (Of course, they can release Dotson and sign Durant+a 30%-FA.)
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,549

Post#10 » by Knick4Real » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Stannis wrote:Looks like Warriors will do sign the injured Klay and Durant, tank 2019-2020 plan. Makes perfect sense. Their dynasty can't end that way. No disrespect to the cRaptors, but Warriors really could not have been more unlucky.

:lol:
Polk377
General Manager

Post#11 » by Polk377 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Knick4Real wrote:

I think it's odd that Trier's contract would be the KNICKS' very first move if we were simply staying pat. I think something is up.

The more trade pieces we have the better before the draft. I still don't see the Knicks giving up a ton in a AD package though but maybe Trier can help net a 1st round pick if someone they love is available.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,912

Post#12 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 pm

CEO of the not trading RJ club.
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#13 » by shtolky » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
shtolky wrote:

It does affect the two max slots situation. They can't keep now Dotson and sign Durant and a 30%-FA without trading away some other piece of salary. (Of course, they can release Dotson and sign Durant+a 30%-FA.)

Pretty sure they are only like 130k short of Durant and Kyrie. I can't see that stopping such a scenario.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#14 » by Polk377 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 pm

shtolky wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
shtolky wrote:

Pretty sure they are only like 130k short of Durant and Kyrie. I can't see that stopping such a scenario.

I think that was only with them not picking up Trier's option.
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#15 » by GIMME_DATT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,588

Post#16 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Warriors are offering both KD and Klay the MAX and they're both going to take it.

Can we move on now?
Free Palestine
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#17 » by shtolky » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Polk377 wrote:
shtolky wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:It does affect the two max slots situation. They can't keep now Dotson and sign Durant and a 30%-FA without trading away some other piece of salary. (Of course, they can release Dotson and sign Durant+a 30%-FA.)

I think that was only with them not picking up Trier's option.

Are you sure?

Read on Twitter

I'm not a cap expert by any means, but I thought Trier doesn't ultimately hurt their chances.
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 680

Post#18 » by ForzaMetro » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:09 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Warriors are offering both KD and Klay the MAX and they're both going to take it.

Can we move on now?

Were they ever not going to offer them both the max? Don’t see what’s changed...
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#19 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:10 pm

If we don't get two max guys whether in free agency with two actually healthy players or KD and someone else or by trade then i would love to find a way to get another lottery pick in this draft. We could trade one of our young players along with the Dallas picks or come up with something but if it's going rebuild then lets get two legit young players out of this lottery and put them with Knox and mitch and DSJ and all the other young guys and get it going. I'm really starting to like C.White and think he's a dog on the court so if we could get Barrett and White i'd be pretty damn happy with that. Love Garland and D.Hunter as well and would take a shot on Bol Bol as well.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,724

Post#20 » by HerSports85 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:11 pm

I’m perfectly ok with Durant staying in GS
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs

Return to New York Knicks