Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#61 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:09 pm

gst8 wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:
nismolos wrote:Jimmy G tore his ACL in early september...he was on the field 8 months later although limited. Klay seems to heal like Wolverine so he might be full strength in 6 months

No contact though.

A torn ACL is a torn ACL. If anything non contact might be worse because it being indicative of weaker muscles supporting the knee... which is still a stretch really.

I meant he's facing no contact in practice.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 86

Post#62 » by Scotty2Hotty » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Coxy wrote:Holy shet balls.

Unbelievable. Never has there been such a colossal injury tole from a playoff series. Toronto luckiest team ever in the finals.

Exactly. Draymond was the only starter to not have suffered a significant injury in the playoffs.

I’ve followed college football, college basketball, NFL and the NBA for 40 years and in all my years of watching, I’ve never seen a team suffer significant injuries to 80% of its starting roster or skill positions (in football) either heading into the post-season or during.

Add in Looney, who is the typically the first player off the bench and it unquestionably is the most debilitating rash of injuries to a championship contender in the history of sports. The basketball gods truly emphatically told the Warriors, “Not this year.” Even when Klay got red hot and was taking the game over, the basketball gods replied, “Sorry, we said not this time.”

The Raptors didn’t beat the Warriors. They beat half the Warriors...a shell of the Warriors.

Really a shame the NBA was robbed of a true matchup of these two teams because the Raptors are a solid team, who like the Warriors, share the ball, commit few turnovers, poised up and down the roster and are void of the iso, throw-my-legs-out-and-get-to-the-free-throw-line-every-single-jump-shot basketball.

Also a shame we won’t get to see a true rematch of these two teams in the 2020 Finals.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#63 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Froob wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
Froob wrote:Hate to see this happen, hope Klay heals quickly. Do you guys think Boogie returns? Not sure why his stock would have improved from last year.

I don’t think Cuz will get offers from good teams/situations any better than what we can do, but he doesn’t really fit here. I guess we might try to keep him as a trade piece if his 2nd year of rehab goes, it I would expect a bad team to throw too much money at him and he can’t afford to keep rolling the dice on good health

Won’t you be desperate for anybody at this point tho? Is there any cap space from Livingston retiring freed up? Gotta pay Looney and Klay. I think it’d be worth keeping him around, maybe he rounds to form again.

There’s no reason he should stick around for what the Ws should be willing to offer. A bad team will gamble on him just to boost their gate interest and flava. We would need him to accept back C pay and frankly a backup C role with Looney being clearly the better fit. It’s just not the right marriage so we should only offer him 1 year. If anyone is willing to give him multi-year money he would be a fool not to take it.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#64 » by CalGTR » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Ramona Shelbourne posted this a little while ago:

Read on Twitter

Seems pretty promising to have KD tell Klay they have unfinished business to take care of. Would love to believe KD is sticking around for at least one more run at another title. Also, Klay's dad made it very clear today that no way is Klay leaving the W's. Lacob is going to shell out HUGE money to keep this team intact - full max for KD and Klay.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#65 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 pm

If he’s sticking around for another title he’s going to have to sign a 1+ 1 again because we are tanking next season.get ready for the Jacob Evan experience
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#66 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:58 pm

heyrayray wrote:
Samurai wrote:Time to pull a Cleveland Cavaliers and go from Finals loser to lottery team the next season.

Looks like Curry will be Box and 1 all next year regular season :banghead:

Hopefully Kerr can figure out how to draw up a play before the 2020 playoffs start.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#67 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 pm

I was listening to Isola and Scalabrine this morning and Isola made a good point...you could go an entire season and not see two injuries this bad across the entire league. It happened to us two games in a row. ARGLE BARGLE!
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#68 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:If he’s sticking around for another title he’s going to have to sign a 1+ 1 again because we are tanking next season.get ready for the Jacob Evan experience

Jacob Evans sleeper pick in dynasty leagues

CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,269

Post#69 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:20 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:
gst8 wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:
No contact though.

A torn ACL is a torn ACL. If anything non contact might be worse because it being indicative of weaker muscles supporting the knee... which is still a stretch really.

I meant he's facing no contact in practice.

I knew I probably misinterpreted that like 5 minutes after I posted it lol. ACL is a pretty quick recovery these days relatively speaking. Having spent years around girls youth soccer I’ve seen enough ACLs to be a minor expert, unfortunately.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#70 » by cpower » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 pm

that was a freak injury but i think Klay should have expected Green/Kawhi from the back and should have moved his sight from the basket to where he landed...what a heart breaking moment for us..otherwise we are heading g7 with a great chance to upset them...sigh..
CS707
Head Coach

Post#71 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm

CalGTR wrote:Ramona Shelbourne posted this a little while ago:

Read on Twitter

Seems pretty promising to have KD tell Klay they have unfinished business to take care of. Would love to believe KD is sticking around for at least one more run at another title. Also, Klay's dad made it very clear today that no way is Klay leaving the W's. Lacob is going to shell out HUGE money to keep this team intact - full max for KD and Klay.

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t stay. These recent events have completely turned all the negative narrative surrounding him with the Warriors on its head. It’s pretty much a feel good story now. Plus the most money for someone facing an uncertain future physically.
CS707
Head Coach

Post#72 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 pm

cpower wrote:that was a freak injury but i think Klay should have expected Green/Kawhi from the back and should have moved his sight from the basket to where he landed...what a heart breaking moment for us..otherwise we are heading g7 with a great chance to upset them...sigh..

Honestly I think it had as much to do with his awkwardness around the basket and 45 year old white guy hops than anything.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#73 » by xfactor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:27 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:What do we do now? We have Durant and Klay missing most of next season. Shaun, Iggy, and Bogut all potentially retiring. We don't have the depth to make the playoffs next year. But can you really tank with Steph and Draymond?

Absolutely...

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#74 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:07 am

cpower wrote:that was a freak injury but i think Klay should have expected Green/Kawhi from the back and should have moved his sight from the basket to where he landed...what a heart breaking moment for us..otherwise we are heading g7 with a great chance to upset them...sigh..

Heartbreaking is the right word.

One thing to lose but to have these guys injured, who put their bodies on the line.

They'll be fine though, both have had Hall of Fame careers and will have hundreds of millions in the bank.

So we shouldn't feel too sorry for them or for us, who've enjoyed a Golden Age for this franchise.

But the potential to rack up all time great accomplishments, having that cut short by injuries, is really tough to bear.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#75 » by and1GS » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Damn we really gonna run out a Evans, Curry, McKennie, Draymond, Damion starting lineup next year. ****.

FWIW...how much can DeMarcus really expect on the FA market? 1 year $15m? 2 years at 10 each? Maybe we have a shot to re-sign and given how thin we are we may need to jump at that chance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#76 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 pm

and1GS wrote:Damn we really gonna run out a Evans, Curry, McKennie, Draymond, Damion starting lineup next year. ****.

FWIW...how much can DeMarcus really expect on the FA market? 1 year $15m? 2 years at 10 each? Maybe we have a shot to re-sign and given how thin we are we may need to jump at that chance.

I would sign Cuz to any not crazy amount on a 2 year deal because then he at least is a valuable expiring for trade next year. But we can not sign this particular player to anything that could become a “bad” contract because he’s not a good fit.

We can’t get stuck with him when the music stops
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#77 » by CalGTR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
and1GS wrote:Damn we really gonna run out a Evans, Curry, McKennie, Draymond, Damion starting lineup next year. ****.

I would sign Cuz to any not crazy amount on a 2 year deal because then he at least is a valuable expiring for trade next year. But we can not sign this particular player to anything that could become a “bad” contract because he’s not a good fit.

We can’t get stuck with him when the music stops

If it's true that we'd still have our tax-payers mid-level to use even if we signed Cousins, then I'd be fine with bringing him back next year. We're going to be very short-handed, and he'll be in a better position to help us as he gets closer to pre-injury form. I'd much rather have significant help on the wings, but we're so limited in what we can actually do we might have to take advantage of whatever ill-fitting assets we are able to get our hands on.
CS707
Head Coach

Post#78 » by CS707 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:26 pm

I wonder if Zaza has anything left to bring in on a 1 year deal. A Jones/Bell backup center rotation doesn’t really float my boat. Especially since we’re looking at a Steph centric offense. Gotta have someone good at setting hard screens.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#79 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 pm

opening night starting lineup

Steph
Evans
#28 pick
Dray
Tacko Fall

get it done, Bobby boy

Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#80 » by Frozzy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 pm

gst8 wrote:
CalGTR wrote:Ramona Shelbourne posted this a little while ago:

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t stay. These recent events have completely turned all the negative narrative surrounding him with the Warriors on its head. It’s pretty much a feel good story now. Plus the most money for someone facing an uncertain future physically.

It really does feel like the Warriors, especially KD have gotten more respect from neutrals after these Finals more than they ever have in this 5 year run. KD calling Klay, KD's brother liking Instagram posts that talking about running it back, KD liking Instagram posts about banners hanging in the Chase Center etc. Aside from the Jay Williams and Kendrick Perkins talk. I think KD still wants to be apart of the core still.

Return to Golden State Warriors