ImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,441

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8 

Post#1881 » by SichtingLives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm

I hope kyries third eye is hurting right now
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#1882 » by Afam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Human beings for you. No one is perfect but they are fickle, No loyalty. Will turn against you at any time etc.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1883 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:58 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Kyrie left right around the time he said "Ask me July 1st." Some fans just didn't realize it (including myself) until it was too late.

That's just like what happened to ConstableGeneva, really decided to leave well before disappearing. i should have seen the signs.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,384

Post#1884 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:00 pm

denmuscles wrote:2008 was the last time we won a banner under Danny Ainge. And even this was a help from his pal Kevin McHale. Since 2008 Danny Ainge has kept us relevant. 1st to 2nd round exit play off team.

Wyc has same thinking philosophy like Danny thats why his iob is safe. If it was any other org Danny would be fired by now. He assembled a high school drama queen team that couldn’t get along. As a GM put your foot down. He should of removed Rozier a long time ago. As much as good things he has done he has equally screwed it up.

His draft picks are also meh. Tons of guys he drafted aren’t even in the league. Yeah a few of them turned out to be ok. We will see what Tatum and Brown become but as a fan I cannot take Danny’s BS anymore:

When AD lands in LA Danny will usually give his BS speech: we were very careful what to do and what not to do. I think we have a great group of guys who are good and also draft will help us. I will stock pile draft picks until I am 109 yrs old. Bla bla bla bla. We heard this year after year. Not buying it anymore
Yup. Get you guys. Get rid of Tatum

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,540

Post#1885 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Wait for celtics and Davis trade to break

*finds out wete just the third team involved and not the one getting Davis.

**cries
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,486

Post#1886 » by canman1971 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Kyrie left right around the time he said "Ask me July 1st." Some fans just didn't realize it (including myself) until it was too late.

Too late for what? The fans don't control ****. Maybe he said "ask me July 1st" because he was sick of people asking him about it? I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie came back, nor would I be surprised if he left. I just love how so many in the media and on here speak in definites.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,098

Post#1887 » by MaxwellSmart » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Just waiting for the usual line from the C's: "Sometimes the best trades, are the ones you don't make"
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,921

Post#1888 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 pm

The Comedian wrote:

That's just like what happened to ConstableGeneva, really decided to leave well before disappearing. i should have seen the signs.

Spoiler:
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,604

Post#1889 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:09 pm

AD shows up, says he's not staying, looks indifferent but plays ok for 20-25 games, then goes down with a high ankle sprain. Misses 10-15 games or so. Comes back on a minutes restriction. Ainge tries to move him at the deadline, but there aren't many takers for a guy who will be a Laker in three months. The team wins 50 games, goes out in the second round.

Meanwhile, Tatum and Smart are playing lights out for the Pelicans. Tatum, playing with a point guard who isn't a selfish prick, looks like a 10-year 20-10 guy. Smart is all-NBA first team on defense-- again.

So, lose Kyrie for nothing, and then Tatum and Smart for nothing because you elected to throw good money after bad. Good work Danny.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1890 » by Edug27 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:AD shows up, says he's not staying, looks indifferent but plays ok for 20-25 games, then goes down with a high ankle sprain. Misses 10-15 games or so. Comes back on a minutes restriction. Ainge tries to move him at the deadline, but there aren't many takers for a guy who will be a Laker in three months. The team wins 50 games, goes out in the second round.

Meanwhile, Tatum and Smart are playing lights out for the Pelicans. Tatum, playing with a point guard who isn't a selfish prick, looks like a 10-year 20-10 guy. Smart is all-NBA first team on defense-- again.

So, lose Kyrie for nothing, and then Tatum and Smart for nothing because you elected to throw good money after bad. Good work Danny.

Tatum 20 and 10?

Smart playing lights out?

Not buying this.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#1891 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Edug27 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:AD shows up, says he's not staying, looks indifferent but plays ok for 20-25 games, then goes down with a high ankle sprain. Misses 10-15 games or so. Comes back on a minutes restriction. Ainge tries to move him at the deadline, but there aren't many takers for a guy who will be a Laker in three months. The team wins 50 games, goes out in the second round.

Tatum 20 and 10?

Smart playing lights out?

Not buying this.

I agree with you on this one. Smart is very good right now and could get moderately better but lights out is a stretch.

The 10 isn't happening for Tatum but the 20 could as soon as next year on a different team without Kyrie/Hayward.

I'd be surprised if Tatum ever average 8 rebounds without Westbrook type shenanigans. Pierce never did and Tatum probably doesn' t end up a strong as Pierce. Tatum is closer to a shorter KD and KD's career high for boards is 8.3.
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#1892 » by denmuscles » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Today very quiet. This crap will stretch for so long before you know it training camp will start
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#1893 » by London2Boston » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 pm

With the Warriors injuries next year and Kawhi possibly leaving I imagine a few teams may risk it all and go all in on AD now.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1894 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:50 pm

news on him is all quiet, yet this thread is filling up faster than when all the insiders were talking.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
jeremym480
Senior
And1: 1,094

Post#1896 » by jeremym480 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:52 pm

AD comes to Boston and helps the Celtics win a championship in his first season. He fires Klutch and signs a 5-year extension.

Tatum goes to New Orleans and continues to regress. He consonantly chunks up fade away 20 footers like it's going out of style. He gets down on himself and basically goes into a shell, becomes emo and spends all of his free time in his apartment listening to Dashboard Confessionals. He never turns into a star and ends up retiring at the age of 23.

Smart takes and misses a game winning 3-pointer in his first game in the big easy. He punches a mirror his hotel room afterwards and misses the rest of the year with deep cuts to his hands and wrist. During his time on the IR he discovers Cafe Du Monde and gains 50 pounds eating beignets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He develops an eating disorder trying to lose weight and loses all of his heart and fight on the court.

Stories are fun. Let's keep them going (not really) until we get some real news.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,384

Post#1897 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Danny. Trade. Tatum goddamn it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1898 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:02 pm

That’s why we don’t want to include Tatum.. I think a Jrue/Smart/Jaylen/Zion/anyone team could be really good - or they could trade Jrue into the Pacers’ cap space for Sabonis/filler and spend broadly to fill out the roster - they’d have about 60 million to spend under the cap, to get a guard (Collison? Brogdon?) and some roleplayers, and/or to absorb money for future picks - Whiteside? Tristan Thompson? Dieng? Iguodala? They could make the playoffs next year, say

Smart/Collison
Moore/Keldon Johnson (pick 14 from Boston)
Jaylen/Iguodala
Zion/Solomon Hill
Sabonis/Dieng

They’d struggle to score until Jaylen and Zion develop, but they can be a playoff team next year if that’s the direction they want to go in, with future picks and expirings..
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,921

Post#1899 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Windhorst mentions that "the Pelicans are shopping the #4 pick" to a third team. Shouldn't the Lakers be the ones doing that?
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,486

Post#1900 » by canman1971 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:07 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Windhorst mentions that "the Pelicans are shopping the #4 pick" to a third team. Shouldn't the Lakers be the ones doing that?

Yes, in case you haven't noticed Windhort is a complete moron.

Return to Boston Celtics