ImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,265

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8 

Post#1921 » by Tyakack » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Whatever, just put me out of my misery already.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#1922 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Danny can beat that deal with brown and Memphis pick alone.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#1923 » by Kefa461 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:04 pm

I think I'll grill some salmon and have a pepper
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#1924 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:04 pm

reload141 wrote:Apparently this guy is pretty reputable

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/c0oomx/latest_ad_news_chicago_has_stepped_up_as_the/

Lakers get: AD

Pelicans get: Lavine, #7, Lakers 2020 unprotected 1st,Kuzma and Hart

Bulls get: Lonzo, Solomon Hill and our #4 pick

He just said that's the deal they're talking about FWIW
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#1925 » by robdog_5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:05 pm

If Kawhi leaves Toronto the East is wide open. In all honesty the NBA finals is wide open. I think the question is do you take a shot at hoping it all falls together for 1 year. Or do you pass on that, and hope that we get lucky in the next 5 years with Tatum, Brown and adding a surprise really good player through draft or trade. I think if we punt on AD, we will need some extreme luck. If we go for it and lose all our players in the process then we end up with AD at worst for 1 season. At that point, Horford (depending on possible ext) and Hayward really only have 1 or 2 years left. You can reset with signing a star to build around, and have plenty of options. I also feel like at that point Zarren may take over for Danny and get a fresh slate if that's the case.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,739

Post#1926 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:05 pm

Hart is the best player in that deal lol. LaVine and Kuzma are both empty stats guys that don't care about defense. The unprotected 1st is no better than a 2nd rounder w/ AD and Lebron teaming up. #7 is as good as our #14.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#1927 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:09 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Only the most optimistic greenest of green teamers can still believe kyrie is coming back.....not a piece of information released ANYWHERE says he’s even still thinking about it (actually Wednesday bulpett wrote that and then Thursday released an article killing that and saying he’s going to the nets)

AD won’t change that...maybbbbeeee it goes from zero to 10%. He knew we had a great chance of getting AD for months. KD injury clearly hasn’t changed anything everything he’s posted about that hasn’t been been incoherent rambling disguised as what he thinks is intelligence has been talking about his old neighborhood and home.

“The chance to come home be closer to my family and friend was just too good to pass up” it’s over and AD won’t change it. I want it to but it’s an extreme long shot (woj shams mannix bulpett himmelsbach reload all concur) You trade for him you better hope Hayward is back to Utah days and kawhi leaves the raptors etc because while the league may be WIDE open for the taking I don’t think it’s going to be enough with rozier Hayward AD horford and brown (if he’s here) and when it isn’t he’s gone.

I want AD and kyrie as much as anyone and maybe at least AD just happens and I’ll support the team and ainge either way but the Celtics dream of AD kyrie together in BOSTON is dead.

I can’t take drama. The guy is weird.

Great talent, but for some reason he wants to do his own thing in Brooklyn with DLo? I guess. He is going to hate those guys even more.

I got a problem isn’t Rozier, Brown, Tatum and their attitude. But, if Horford returns and Hayward returns to form, they are going to be really good.

Tatum is a star. No idea why he suddenly isn’t one because he was inefficient and took bad shots. Guys a major scorer. Brown’s very good. Hayward is awesome healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robdog_5
Veteran

Post#1928 » by robdog_5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:12 pm

That deal isn't terrible for NO if you feel that Levine is not just an empty stats guy. He's a horrible defender and so is Kuzma so you have 2 guys who can put the ball in the basket there but poor defenders. But that team is interesting with Zion, Kuz, Jrue and Levine. I would say you better really like Levine because his deal isn't really that cheap and it's got a few years on it.

I think Tatum, Smart, Memphis pick, 14 is as good as that. May have to find a 3rd team though as getting rid of Solomon Hill is an added bonus.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#1929 » by StojkoVrankovic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 pm

What an odd package for NO to consider, just a bunch of nothing.
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#1930 » by Kefa461 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:21 pm

if a 3rd team is a must and none can be found its because none want to help the celtics.......that trade sucks
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,435

Post#1931 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Only the most optimistic greenest of green teamers can still believe kyrie is coming back.....not a piece of information released ANYWHERE says he’s even still thinking about it (actually Wednesday bulpett wrote that and then Thursday released an article killing that and saying he’s going to the nets)

AD won’t change that...maybbbbeeee it goes from zero to 10%. He knew we had a great chance of getting AD for months. KD injury clearly hasn’t changed anything everything he’s posted about that hasn’t been been incoherent rambling disguised as what he thinks is intelligence has been talking about his old neighborhood and home.

“The chance to come home be closer to my family and friend was just too good to pass up” it’s over and AD won’t change it. I want it to but it’s an extreme long shot (woj shams mannix bulpett himmelsbach reload all concur) You trade for him you better hope Hayward is back to Utah days and kawhi leaves the raptors etc because while the league may be WIDE open for the taking I don’t think it’s going to be enough with rozier Hayward AD horford and brown (if he’s here) and when it isn’t he’s gone.

I want AD and kyrie as much as anyone and maybe at least AD just happens and I’ll support the team and ainge either way but the Celtics dream of AD kyrie together in BOSTON is dead.

I can’t take drama. The guy is weird.

Great talent, but for some reason he wants to do his own thing in Brooklyn with DLo? I guess. He is going to hate those guys even more.

I got a problem isn’t Rozier, Brown, Tatum and their attitude. But, if Horford returns and Hayward returns to form, they are going to be really good.

Tatum is a star. No idea why he suddenly isn’t one because he was inefficient and took bad shots. Guys a major scorer. Brown’s very good. Hayward is awesome healthy.

He isn't. He hasn't averaged more than 17 a game. He hasn't averaged more than 20 an entire playoffs. Has one career game over 30 points. He's not there yet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,435

Post#1932 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 pm

Kefa461 wrote:if a 3rd team is a must and none can be found its because none want to help the celtics.......that trade sucks
The third team is for LA, not for us

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#1933 » by canman1971 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:30 pm

This is, as usual, getting pathetic. Nobody knows anything.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#1934 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 pm

CelticFaninLBC wrote:
reload141 wrote:Apparently this guy is pretty reputable

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/c0oomx/latest_ad_news_chicago_has_stepped_up_as_the/

Lakers get: AD

Pelicans get: Lavine, #7, Lakers 2020 unprotected 1st,Kuzma and Hart

Bulls get: Lonzo, Solomon Hill and our #4 pick

Doesn't seem like a good deal for the Bulls. Move up 3 spots in a bad draft and swap LaVine for Lonzo/Lavar.

Good trade for New Orleans. No idea why the bulls do it.

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,868

Post#1935 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 pm

Tatum is a two way player. Very good defender, particularly at his age. Don't get hung up on the offensive numbers.

I guess that the only thing the Celtics will have to show for Ainge's fleecing of both Billy King and Brian Colangelo is Jaylen Brown. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, Danny.

Oh well, maybe you can trade for Kelly Olynyk. The price shouldn't be exhorbitant.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1936 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Davis gonna end up somewhere like Portland. Its that kind of feeling.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#1937 » by Mr Loggins » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:34 pm

The Corey's wrote:Davis gonna end up somewhere like Portland. Its that kind of feeling.

pretty much. The current offers being bandied about are all underwhelming
robdog_5
Veteran

Post#1938 » by robdog_5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 pm

we wouldn't need a 3rd team. Tatum/Smart/Yasbule vs. Levine/Kuzma/Hart is IMO is close maybe better than ours as a whole but Tatum is the best player, Levine's contract would not be something I'd be interested in. Assets the #7 pick and unprotected 2020 Lakers is not as good as 14 and memphis pick.

Solomon Hill coming off the books is helpful for NO, but he's only got 13 mil on books for one season. We would have to give another asset up to a 3rd team for them to take on HIll.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1939 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 pm

robdog_5 wrote:we wouldn't need a 3rd team. Tatum/Smart/Yasbule vs. Levine/Kuzma/Hart is IMO is close maybe better than ours as a whole but Tatum is the best player, Levine's contract would not be something I'd be interested in. Assets the #7 pick and unprotected 2020 Lakers is not as good as 14 and memphis pick.

Solomon Hill coming off the books is helpful for NO, but he's only got 13 mil on books for one season. We would have to give another asset up to a 3rd team for them to take on HIll.

the third team only helps us, we can give up less to get what we want potentially.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#1940 » by Triple7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:AD shows up, says he's not staying, looks indifferent but plays ok for 20-25 games, then goes down with a high ankle sprain. Misses 10-15 games or so. Comes back on a minutes restriction. Ainge tries to move him at the deadline, but there aren't many takers for a guy who will be a Laker in three months. The team wins 50 games, goes out in the second round.

Meanwhile, Tatum and Smart are playing lights out for the Pelicans. Tatum, playing with a point guard who isn't a selfish prick, looks like a 10-year 20-10 guy. Smart is all-NBA first team on defense-- again.

So, lose Kyrie for nothing, and then Tatum and Smart for nothing because you elected to throw good money after bad. Good work Danny.

Finally! Somebody who gets it. I agree with this 100%. Keep forcing somebody to be where he doesn’t want to be. The guy basically said through his agent, that he doesn’t like boston, and yet most of you won’t believe it and thinks its just some agenda of the agent. :lol: If you force AD to play here, he’ll be miserable. He might even fake an injury, play close to 50 games with a half assed effort. Goodluck winning anything with that. We keep on saying kyrie quit on us, and that he’s got no loyalty. Guess what? The team has no loyalty either. Quitting on Tatum after being high on him after his rookie season, then because of one average second season, you already want to ship him out fast, and for a years rental? That’s just crazy. If you guys were willing to support Brad after a mediocre coaching last year, because of his brilliance the previous year, then i think we should do the same for Tatum. I’m not saying not to trade him when the right opportunity comes, but trading him for a years rental? No way! **** AD if he doesn’t want to be here. Go play with old man lebron. I hope NO gut them out dry.

Return to Boston Celtics