ImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8 

Post#1941 » by Kefa461 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
Kefa461 wrote:if a 3rd team is a must and none can be found its because none want to help the celtics.......that trade sucks
The third team is for LA, not for us

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

my thinking was a 3rd team would mean at least for the c's less core players would possibly be lost if ad walked after 1 year
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,398

Post#1942 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:48 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:AD shows up, says he's not staying, looks indifferent but plays ok for 20-25 games, then goes down with a high ankle sprain. Misses 10-15 games or so. Comes back on a minutes restriction. Ainge tries to move him at the deadline, but there aren't many takers for a guy who will be a Laker in three months. The team wins 50 games, goes out in the second round.

Meanwhile, Tatum and Smart are playing lights out for the Pelicans. Tatum, playing with a point guard who isn't a selfish prick, looks like a 10-year 20-10 guy. Smart is all-NBA first team on defense-- again.

So, lose Kyrie for nothing, and then Tatum and Smart for nothing because you elected to throw good money after bad. Good work Danny.

Finally! Somebody who gets it. I agree with this 100%. Keep forcing somebody to be where he doesn’t want to be. The guy basically said through his agent, that he doesn’t like boston, and yet most of you won’t believe it and thinks its just some agenda of the agent. If you force AD to play here, he’ll be miserable. He might even fake an injury, play close to 50 games with a half assed effort. Goodluck winning anything with that. We keep on saying kyrie quit on us, and that he’s got no loyalty. Guess what? The team has no loyalty either. Quitting on Tatum after being high on him after his rookie season, then because of one average second season, you already want to ship him out fast, and for a years rental? That’s just crazy. If you guys were willing to support Brad after a mediocre coaching last year, because of his brilliance the previous year, then i think we should do the same for Tatum. I’m not saying not to trade him when the right opportunity comes, but trading him for a years rental? No way! **** AD if he doesn’t want to be here. Go play with old man lebron. I hope NO gut them out dry.
We lose either way. Take a chance with an mvp.

If we are stuck with Brown, Tatum and Smart, we are in trouble. Period

Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,068

Post#1943 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 pm

Yikes, saddle Zion with two no-defense gunners in Lavine and Kuzma? Definitely a recipe for success, New Orleans.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1944 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Btw, if Rich Paul wants AD in Boston he’s played it perfectly - increased our trade leverage and baited the Lakers into overplaying their hand before the deadline. It’s not in Davis’ interest to join a gutted team.

Because last time having a disgruntled player on the roster worked out well....

I mean, if Davis likes Boston and his agent thinks it would be a good fit, with AD as the next great Celtic Hall of Famer on a deep team with front office stability, a good GM and a good coach..

The mid season trade demand is a calculated risk, but you know it’s a way higher than fifty percent chance New Orleans gets pissed at the power play, and the pressure to go to LA, and that nothing happens before the deadline. That the Lakers threw everything onto the table and the Pelicans leaked every detail to make the Lakers look bad is gravy on the cake- and Demps waiting sets up the implication that Boston is the team worth waiting for - which they are - everyone in the league knows we can offer the best package.

Rich Paul talking about New York or LA and Davis going into free agency gives us leverage to hold back value in a trade..

The heavy-handed public commentary from RP could work - maybe New Orleans believes Boston won’t budge on Tatum and the Lakers find a buyer for the fourth pick .. more likely Griffin is willing to wait until Kyrie makes a decision to see if it brings Boston off the fence.. the Lakers can’t do a deal until July 1 either, and they’re not likely to abandon Davis - they have a max slot and change, so they can sign someone (Vucevic?) and still, I think, match salary if they throw Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, the fourth pick (5.8 million) and Hart and Wagner (everyone but Lebron, essentially).. The risk for them is in passing up other trades..

Reflecting on all the nuances of this stuff though I’m amazed at how well-positioned we are..
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant

Post#1945 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:56 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:If we are stuck with Brown, Tatum and Smart, we are in trouble. Period

I would gladly take that trouble. Having talented 20 years olds with playoff experience and rookie scale contracts is actually a good thing.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1946 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Eh.. actually think that’s an awful deal for the Bulls.. they use Lavine to jump three spots in the draft and add Lonzo?

Lonzo/4/Kuzma for Davis would be more LA highway robbery like the Gasol and Dwight trades, I find it hard to believe.. The Bulls must really love Culver or DeAndre Hunter. Lavine is their best player, I don’t understand it.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Post#1947 » by The Corey's » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:00 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:If we are stuck with Brown, Tatum and Smart, we are in trouble. Period

I would gladly take that trouble. Having talented 20 years olds with playoff experience and rookie scale contracts is actually a good thing.

Brown is gonna be making 18 million plus within the year. Its about to get complicated.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant

Post#1948 » by Ed Pinkney » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:00 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Eh.. actually think that’s an awful deal for the Bulls.. they use Lavine to jump three spots in the draft and add Lonzo?

Lonzo/4/Kuzma for Davis would be more LA highway robbery like the Gasol and Dwight trades, I find it hard to believe.. The Bulls must really love Culver or DeAndre Hunter. Lavine is their best player, I don’t understand it.

I think you answered your own question there. If Lavine is your best player, your ceiling is 30 wins.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Post#1949 » by Triple7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:01 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:AD shows up, says he's not staying, looks indifferent but plays ok for 20-25 games, then goes down with a high ankle sprain. Misses 10-15 games or so. Comes back on a minutes restriction. Ainge tries to move him at the deadline, but there aren't many takers for a guy who will be a Laker in three months. The team wins 50 games, goes out in the second round.

Meanwhile, Tatum and Smart are playing lights out for the Pelicans. Tatum, playing with a point guard who isn't a selfish prick, looks like a 10-year 20-10 guy. Smart is all-NBA first team on defense-- again.

So, lose Kyrie for nothing, and then Tatum and Smart for nothing because you elected to throw good money after bad. Good work Danny.

Finally! Somebody who gets it. I agree with this 100%. Keep forcing somebody to be where he doesn’t want to be. The guy basically said through his agent, that he doesn’t like boston, and yet most of you won’t believe it and thinks its just some agenda of the agent. If you force AD to play here, he’ll be miserable. He might even fake an injury, play close to 50 games with a half assed effort. Goodluck winning anything with that. We keep on saying kyrie quit on us, and that he’s got no loyalty. Guess what? The team has no loyalty either. Quitting on Tatum after being high on him after his rookie season, then because of one average second season, you already want to ship him out fast, and for a years rental? That’s just crazy. If you guys were willing to support Brad after a mediocre coaching last year, because of his brilliance the previous year, then i think we should do the same for Tatum. I’m not saying not to trade him when the right opportunity comes, but trading him for a years rental? No way! **** AD if he doesn’t want to be here. Go play with old man lebron. I hope NO gut them out dry.

We will be worse in a year after he leaves. and are you sure were getting an mvp type player? or a drama queen who can’t wait to bolt. We can always trade Brown, Tatum and smart later. Accept it. He doesn’t like Boston. So i give AD the middle finger for that.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1950 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:02 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:

If Kyrie walks, we get nothing for him, and we miss on Davis, it’ll be interesting to see how plan B goes. We could have 15-20 million in cap space, depending on Horford’s new contract, if we renounce Morris and Rozier.. there are ways past that to get to a max slot.. or to do something like Jaylen for Beal straight up..
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#1951 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:02 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:

Nah man. We want to win a title.

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Post#1952 » by The Corey's » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:04 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

If Kyrie walks, we get nothing for him, and we miss on Davis, it’ll be interesting to see how plan B goes. We could have 15-20 million in cap space, depending on Horford’s new contract, if we renounce Morris and Rozier.. there are ways past that to get to a max slot.. or to do something like Jaylen for Beal straight up..

again, that new cap space is gonna be used on the likes of brown and tatum.

we cant lose those cap holds or were ****.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1953 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:04 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Eh.. actually think that’s an awful deal for the Bulls.. they use Lavine to jump three spots in the draft and add Lonzo?

I think you answered your own question there. If Lavine is your best player, your ceiling is 30 wins.

He’s legitimately good, actually.. Bulls must like DeAndre Hunter’s winning pedigree or some bull
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#1954 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:05 am

Triple7 wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

We will be worse in a year after he leaves. and are you sure were getting an mvp type player? or a drama queen who can’t wait to bolt. We can always trade Brown, Tatum and smart later. Accept it. He doesn’t like Boston. So i give AD the middle finger for that.
I don't care. AD did nothing to me personally. Why would I be bothered that he doesn't like Boston?

We'd be worst if he leaves, and we wouldn't be good enough to win if we don't trade for him.

Both scenarios end the same way...a team that doesn't contend! So why not pick the option where you take a risk, and have an MVP/DPOY Calibur player for a season? If he leaves, he leaves. That's fine. It was worth the risk. Same boat if we don't trade for him. You guys are too attached to players and are too bothered by players not liking Boston. Who cares? Take a risk. Get that MVP calibur player.

Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#1955 » by Taget » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:08 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Boston winters are fine, it’s not like Minnesota or Buffalo, and if you’re Anthony Davis rich you’re going to be driving on a heated seat from underground parking garage to underground parking garage, looking out the window of your luxury apartment at the leaves and snow..

I don’t get the way free agents have always liked Phoenix - that city gets stupid hot

Having lived in Boston I'd agree. But go anywhere south of Boston and people see Boston winters in apocalyptic terms. They think of awful blizzards and endless snow. Are Boston and New York winters all that different? Not really. But better believe people in New York think they are!
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1956 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:12 am

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Post#1957 » by Triple7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

Nah man. We want to win a title.

We are not winning a title next year :lol:
FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Post#1958 » by FeedReed » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:14 am

Kefa461 wrote:I think I'll grill some salmon and have a pepper

no mashed potatoes? tony allen wouldn’t approve.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#1959 » by Theocy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:26 am

As we approach 900 pages of this, it kind of feels this was the biggest waste of bandwidth in a long era (posting refreshing etc).
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#1960 » by Kefa461 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:33 am

FeedReed wrote:
Kefa461 wrote:I think I'll grill some salmon and have a pepper

no mashed potatoes? tony allen wouldn’t approve.

i actually added 2 ears of corn
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.

Return to Boston Celtics