Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

VCBC
Senior
And1: 1,114

Re: Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade 

Post#721 » by VCBC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:07 am

zimpy27 wrote:
VCBC wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

How do Chicago fans feel about this deal?
Not a Bulls fan, but Bulls FO is either drunk at the wheel or it's complete nonsense.

Lavine to move up 3 spots, Hill's +13mn and Ball.

Are Lakers' cheerleaders that bored on the internet?

Well they already wanted Lonzo for pick 7.

So this deal is really pick 4 and Hill for LaVine. They might see Garland as a better version of LaVine, taking 1 year of Hill and 4 years of Garland is cheaper than LaVines contract and Garland is locked in.

I mean they get a core of Lonzo, Garland, Lauri, Carter for another 5 years minimum. They have Porter as the SF for 3.

Seems like a good move for them.
Don't take much stock into insiders and media throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.

#7 for Ball is terrible value and Lavine for #4 and Hill, who would require a FRP just to dump, is terrible value for Lavine.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#722 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:16 am

VCBC wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
VCBC wrote:Not a Bulls fan, but Bulls FO is either drunk at the wheel or it's complete nonsense.

Lavine to move up 3 spots, Hill's +13mn and Ball.

Are Lakers' cheerleaders that bored on the internet?

So this deal is really pick 4 and Hill for LaVine. They might see Garland as a better version of LaVine, taking 1 year of Hill and 4 years of Garland is cheaper than LaVines contract and Garland is locked in.

I mean they get a core of Lonzo, Garland, Lauri, Carter for another 5 years minimum. They have Porter as the SF for 3.

Don't take much stock into insiders and media throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.

#7 for Ball is terrible value and Lavine for #4 and Hill, who would require a FRP just to dump, is terrible value for Lavine.

Hill is an expiring, he's an asset Bulls can use for teams opening space next offseason.
7 for Ball is completely reasonable.

The conjecture really is about whether LaVine is worth more than pick 4.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#723 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:18 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston go after both Jrue and Davis in the same trade.

They will need a scoring G with Irving gone and they can't improve via FA anymore Davis and Jrue are friends. Doing a deal for both might get a godfather like package out of the Celtics.

Something like Tatum + Brown + Williams + Hayward + their 4 first round picks this year + two more first rounders.

Celtics are desperate they are maxed out and only have one last small window.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#724 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:29 am

zimpy27 wrote:
VCBC wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Hill is an expiring, he's an asset Bulls can use for teams opening space next offseason.
7 for Ball is completely reasonable.

The conjecture really is about whether LaVine is worth more than pick 4.

Ball isn't worth a high first round pick. He maybe worth a late first.

I doubt that deal ever goes down and if it's available the Lakers should do it regardless of Davis because it not only nets them a top pick but also clears 9 million for a player who hasn't even lived up to his rookie deal let along his potential.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#725 » by karkinos » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:32 am

NBAFan93 wrote:
JimmyTheGreek wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Some of the crap Vegas makes odds on is funny to me. So are there really people placing bets on where someone like Brandon Ingram is going to play next year? Lol.

Like can I make such a bet on any random NBA player?

no you can't
different books offer different props
also depending on the prop, there's usually a low limit max but you'll see random high rollers getting exceptions with books like william hill
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#726 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:34 am

Ice Trae wrote:The “credible” dude on reddit posted another possible deal being discussed

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/c0oomx/latest_ad_news_chicago_has_stepped_up_as_the/

If you don’t want to click the link it’s essentially

Lakers: AD

Bulls: Lonzo, Solomon Hill, 4th pick

Pels: 7th pick, Lavine, Kuzma, Hart, Lakers 2020 pick (unprotected)

Epic steal for LA . Keep Brandon + add AD
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
VCBC
Senior
And1: 1,114

Post#727 » by VCBC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:39 am

W I' wwqjqmsm
Wwk
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#728 » by NBAFan93 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:48 am

spikeslovechild wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston go after both Jrue and Davis in the same trade.

They will need a scoring G with Irving gone and they can't improve via FA anymore Davis and Jrue are friends. Doing a deal for both might get a godfather like package out of the Celtics.

Something like Tatum + Brown + Williams + Hayward + their 4 first round picks this year + two more first rounders.

I’ve thought about that too - them trading for both - but then what makes the Celtics better than last years Pelicans? I get that many think Stevens is a much better coach than Gentry, and Horford (assuming he opts in) is better than Randle cause he can shoot distance shots...but still.

Jrue is a very underrated player though. He’s very good. He’s like what Brown could be in several years if he lives up to his potential.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#729 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:53 am

NBAFan93 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston go after both Jrue and Davis in the same trade.

I’ve thought about that too - them trading for both - but then what makes the Celtics better than last years Pelicans? I get that many think Stevens is a much better coach than Gentry, and Horford (assuming he opts in) is better than Randle cause he can shoot distance shots...but still.

I think the problem sort of becomes if they are trading for AD then they need to be all in. With KD out the chance of a new superteam emerging is small. Having AD + Jrue + Horford gives them a chance. It also allows them to keep Morris and Rozier along with Smart which gives them depth.

They need to make a decision either they go all in or they don't.
tradejosehesux
Starter
And1: 3,858

Post#730 » by tradejosehesux » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:58 am

Celts not looking like players in this trade at all. Woj is 0/3 in the last 24 hours with his woj bombs.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#731 » by marcush » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:59 am

If the Lakers have gotten to a point in the negotiations where Kyle Kuzma is the hold up, then they are doing a great job here. Appear very close to landing a superstar for a bunch of dudes who could only win 37 games with Lebron.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#732 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:01 am

tradejosehesux wrote:Celts not looking like players in this trade at all. Woj is 0/3 in the last 24 hours with his woj bombs.

Shams has been his father for a while now
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#733 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:15 am

DusterBuster wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Pelicans defense with Lavine and kuzma will have 04 pistons tenacity

I certainly hope this was meant sarcastically.

I hoped I didn’t have to confirm it was
lvckv
Starter
And1: 2,031

Post#734 » by lvckv » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:25 am

That trade would be amazing for the Lakers. Don't know what the Bulls would be doing there lol - 4th and 7th in this draft is no difference. Pelicans getting LaVine fits with them wanting an all-star level player, even if he won't get there in the West.

I just wanna see the deal done at this point though.

John Murdoch wrote:
tradejosehesux wrote:Celts not looking like players in this trade at all. Woj is 0/3 in the last 24 hours with his woj bombs.

Shams has been his father for a while now

Woj was all over the trade deadline tbf
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,280

Post#735 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 am

John Murdoch wrote:
Ice Trae wrote:The “credible” dude on reddit posted another possible deal being discussed

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/c0oomx/latest_ad_news_chicago_has_stepped_up_as_the/

If you don’t want to click the link it’s essentially

Lakers: AD

Bulls: Lonzo, Solomon Hill, 4th pick

Pels: 7th pick, Lavine, Kuzma, Hart, Lakers 2020 pick (unprotected)

Epic steal for LA . Keep Brandon + add AD

100%

I'd damn near call it an inside job by Bron's "guy", David Griffin, if it happens.

How the hell do you trade for AD n keep your best asset?! lol smh I would hype if I was a Laker fan n that happens.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#736 » by Klayforspicy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 am

If there is any holdup for AD on Lakers end then theyre on superdrugs. You land AD then the ring chasers like the Ray Allens and Battiers will come to fill out the roster.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#737 » by jfs1000d » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:34 am

Brandon_Roy wrote:If there is any holdup for AD on Lakers end then theyre on superdrugs. You land AD then the ring chasers like the Ray Allens and Battiers will come to fill out the roster.

Ray Allen is in the HOF? Journeyman?

Show some respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board