ImageImageImageImage

D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Re: D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related 

Post#181 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 am

MagicMatic wrote:Russell is all but done in Brooklyn with Kyrie signing there. Both players will require the max and Brooklyn already has Levert, Dinwiddie, Harris, and Kurucs on the roster. They also have a pretty shallow big rotation. Russell will likely sign with wherever he feels like is the best situation for max money or close to it.

true.... but all those other names can be traded for other talents ;-)
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#182 » by Xatticus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

No. That is factoring in the Crabbe trade. I read that they will have $46M in projected cap space after that trade, though it might be somewhat higher than that. They have $33M in committed salary for next year and Russell has a $21M cap hold. That's $54M against a projected $109M cap. Max contract projections are $27M, $33M, and $38M last I read. Kyrie is a $33M and Durant is a $38M, for example.

Maybe I missed something ... I haven’t read all posts in the thread so probably.

But who the **** is talking about Brooklyn signing two max free agents PLUS Russell?

The Crabbe move was to given them freedom to keep Russell + another max free agent OR to release Russell and sign two on the open market.

It seems we are saying the same thing. Who is saying otherwise?

Audi wrote:Could be totally incorrect but over on the Nets board they were discussing being able to roll with Kyrie, Durant, AND D'lo if they offload Dinwiddie and Joe Harris somehow. Stuck out to me because they seemed excited over the prospect of not having Dinwiddie's insanely friendly contract on their books.

Perhaps I conflated two separate conversations though.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#183 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 am

Kyrie to the Nets makes this all so much more interesting. Glad we didn't lock this thread ;)
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#184 » by Skin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 am

swarlesbarkley wrote:Kyrie to the Nets makes this all so much more interesting. Glad we didn't lock this thread ;)

Am I the only one who thinks Kyrie is joining D'Lo and not replacing him?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#185 » by Ducklett » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am

Skin wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:Kyrie to the Nets makes this all so much more interesting. Glad we didn't lock this thread ;)

I assume that would be plan G if plans A-F don't work out.

Your 3 best players would be in the same position, seems like a great way to build a losing team.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#186 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:57 am

So, allegedly Kemba will take less to stay with Hornets
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#187 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:58 am

Ducklett wrote:
Skin wrote:

I assume that would be plan G if plans A-F don't work out.

Your 3 best players would be in the same position, seems like a great way to build a losing team.

Maybe they just keep him for start of season and trade him for better fits later. Especially if they can't land any other big time time FA.

I don't think they will do sign and trade. Too complicated, and not great returning value. Maybe for center like Capela ? But nobody wants to watch D Lo and Harden guard defense on same team :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#188 » by Bensational » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:55 am

If the Nets try to find someone to take Harris and Prince for cap relief, they could free up another $11M, putting them at $59M free, including D'Lo's cap hold.

$33M to Kyrie. $26M left. They might be able to land Tobias Harris for that? Or it might be just too far under value for a name like that in a market like this.

If they trade Dinwiddie and Harris for relief, that gets them $18M extra, giving them $66M free, including D'Lo's cap hold. That should get you into talks with anyone, other than maybe Durant (still gotta clear another $5M to get him).

Or, keep all of them, renounce D'Lo, and you can still sign your two.

Either way, Brooklyn aren't done moving players yet, I don't think. It's a shame we don't have much to offer in terms of cheap role players to send in return.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#189 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:21 am

Reminder: don't get your hopes up until we trade Fournier or stretch Mozgov.
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#190 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 am

Read on Twitter
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#191 » by ezzzp » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:49 am

Read on Twitter

Ian Bagley beat reporter for SNY:

If Irving signs with the Nets, SNY sources familiar with the matter say it is highly unlikely that Russell remains with the Nets. Members of the Nets organization have communicated that idea in recent days, per sources.

Members of the Pacers organization are high on Russell, SNY sources confirm.
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#192 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:08 am

ezzzp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ian Bagley beat reporter for Nets and Knicks:

If Irving signs with the Nets, SNY sources familiar with the matter say it is highly unlikely that Russell remains with the Nets. Members of the Nets organization have communicated that idea in recent days, per sources.

Man, I hope we can shed salary this week. DLo and potentially Fultz would really balance out our youth and core.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#193 » by Ducklett » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:17 am

If the Pacers are high on him, you do everything you can to get him. The Pacers know how to find talent.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#194 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:20 am

pepe1991 wrote:So, allegedly Kemba will take less to stay with Hornets
Less than the super max. Maybe he'll take 35 instead of 40. I still feel like it's 50/50 that they sign him because their going to be way into the luxury tax

Realistically he's probably more likely to sign here than DLo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#195 » by Skin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 am

Even if these rumors turned out to be true we don't have cap space. Tis a pity.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 845

Post#196 » by axl_c_cool » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:09 am

I’m not anti Vucevic, that being said I would love for us to choose to move on, let him walk, dump Fournier, and cash, and a second round pick for a salary dump and make a proper move for D’Lo. If we can resign Ross as well and go with this roster, I’d feel great about this roster

Russell/Augustine
Ross/SAW
Isaac/Iwundu
Gordon/
Birch/Bamba
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#197 » by Bensational » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:59 am

ezzzp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ian Bagley beat reporter for SNY:

One planet positioning itself for alignment... Will the others fall into place, too?
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#198 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:26 am

Ric Bucher Says Durant & Kyrie Had Dinner in New York, Discussed Teaming Up
posted by Wil Leitner - Jun 14, 2019

Ric Bucher: “I’m told Kevin Durant is out of the hospital, moved into a hotel for the time being in the New York area and him and Kyrie have met and have continued to discuss playing together next season. KD has moved all his stuff and will spend his summer in New York… Every indication says KD is making plans to be elsewhere because obviously Kyrie will not be joining the Warriors any time soon.”

via https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-06-14-ric-bucher-says-durant-kyrie-had-dinner-in-new-york-discussed-teaming-up/
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,235

Post#199 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:01 pm

drsd wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:I personally won't see it like that.... even though i totally understand why one would. BUT.... they both have the size and length to be our back court of the future... both being around 6'5" and having 6'10" wingspan. They could be a scary combination... possibly even eclipsing portlands "pg" duo at some point.

I guess you see something like this line-up:

Fultz/Augustin/Carter-Williams
Russell/Langford
Isaac/Frazier/vet-FA
Gordon/vet-FA/Jefferson
Bamba/Mozgov/vet-FA

What one can immediately see is versatility in the starting-five, where all players can switch on defense and all players have great length, AND a terrible bench with no depth.

I'd be cool with that lineup if that's the direction we go.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 845

Post#200 » by axl_c_cool » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:15 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
drsd wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:I personally won't see it like that.... even though i totally understand why one would. BUT.... they both have the size and length to be our back court of the future... both being around 6'5" and having 6'10" wingspan. They could be a scary combination... possibly even eclipsing portlands "pg" duo at some point.

I guess you see something like this line-up:

Fultz/Augustin/Carter-Williams
Russell/Langford
Isaac/Frazier/vet-FA
Gordon/vet-FA/Jefferson
Bamba/Mozgov/vet-FA

What one can immediately see is versatility in the starting-five, where all players can switch on defense and all players have great length, AND a terrible bench with no depth.

I'd be cool with that lineup if that's the direction we go.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

I included Fultz or MCW in my lineup, I would go SAW instead of Langford for shooting, would 100% behind that line up though

Fultz/Augustine/MCW
Russell/SAW/Iwundu
Isaac/Ross/Frazier
Gordon/2nd round pick/Jefferson
Bamba/Birch/Mosgov

Taking those 15 into camp would be great
FORMALLY LC MAGIC

Return to Orlando Magic