ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#501 » by JamesConway » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:39 am

(...) If Irving signs with the Nets, SNY sources familiar with the matter say it is highly unlikely that Russell remains with the Nets. Members of the Nets organization have communicated that idea in recent days, per sources.(...)

Read on Twitter

Via Ian Begley. No clue how credible he is.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#502 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:56 am

JamesConway wrote:
(...) If Irving signs with the Nets, SNY sources familiar with the matter say it is highly unlikely that Russell remains with the Nets. Members of the Nets organization have communicated that idea in recent days, per sources.(...)

Read on Twitter

He's a local beat reporter but honestly if it isn't Shams or Woj take it with a grain. However, i have no reason to believe Begley would be lying about this because Russell seems to be in the dark as far as what the Nets are doing. :nonono:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#503 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 am

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I see based on all that salt that's being shaken in our direction on the GB, we're going to have to start dog walking people on here come next season. Kyrie better come in here ready to ball out so it will make the trash talk even sweeter
LOL can already tell we gonna quickly turn into the darling franchise everyone liked to watch to that team every fan gonna hate

Imagine if Rodi develops...man they are sooooo gonna be salty at his play

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Nah, we aren't even darlings. Most of these jokers are sleeping on the Nets, only the real hardcore watchers know what this team is about.

We'll become hated very quickly. I think we already are based on how mad people are that Irving seems to be coming here.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#504 » by Prokorov » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:03 am

ill be pretty upset if we bring in kyrie, let Dlo walk, and dont bring in a second star. if we end up with kyrie plus ancillary10-15M per year pieces then id rather keep Dlo and tell irving to go to the knicks. as much as i think kyrie is a beast, he isnt raising our ceiling that much more by replacing Dlo and adding role players. id rather ride it out with Dlo

but if its dlo walks and we pair kyrie with kwahi or kd then i get it.

Dlo did too much for this team to do him dirty for just kyrie
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#505 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:22 am

Prokorov wrote:ill be pretty upset if we bring in kyrie, let Dlo walk, and dont bring in a second star. if we end up with kyrie plus ancillary10-15M per year pieces then id rather keep Dlo and tell irving to go to the knicks. as much as i think kyrie is a beast, he isnt raising our ceiling that much more by replacing Dlo and adding role players. id rather ride it out with Dlo

The Nets cannot preach culture, culture, culture and then stick the shiv in Russell's back for a shiny object. I am all for Irving here, and Durant or even Harris or Butler, but the Nets need to retain Russell. He is a good player, an all star, and at 23 years old someone who this franchise needs to continue to develop in order to build an environment of sustained winning.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#506 » by GTR11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:44 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I see based on all that salt that's being shaken in our direction on the GB, we're going to have to start dog walking people on here come next season. Kyrie better come in here ready to ball out so it will make the trash talk even sweeter

I will welcome that :lol: that means we back being relevant. Look at Reggie Miller for example he's still salty about those loses he took.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#507 » by GTR11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 am

JamesConway wrote:

Read on Twitter

I know most Nets fans love D.LO ( for good reasons ) and would hate him go, but buisnes wise he's just to expensive. He's gone this FA most likely if not it'll be next year for sure. Dinwiddy is just cheaper and already proved he can handle 6th man role.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 639

Post#508 » by NetsJets » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:18 am

I’m hearing we’re unlikely to resign D Lo. Very disappointing, this is nothing but a lateral move but at least D Lo is a little younger with a chance to improve.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#509 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:34 am

Prokorov wrote:ill be pretty upset if we bring in kyrie, let Dlo walk, and dont bring in a second star. if we end up with kyrie plus ancillary10-15M per year pieces then id rather keep Dlo and tell irving to go to the knicks. as much as i think kyrie is a beast, he isnt raising our ceiling that much more by replacing Dlo and adding role players. id rather ride it out with Dlo

IMO, the only way for the report to be true is if Kyrie got confirmation from AD or KD that they would come. I 100% agree that Kyrie coming by himself and simply replacing DLo doesn't make sense.

Either add him to what we already have going on or let DLo go for a superstar player. The latter should be the only scenario for which DLo is no longer on the team.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#510 » by GTR11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:53 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

IMO, the only way for the report to be true is if Kyrie got confirmation from AD or KD that they would come. I 100% agree that Kyrie coming by himself and simply replacing DLo doesn't make sense.

Either add him to what we already have going on or let DLo go for a superstar player. The latter should be the only scenario for which DLo is no longer on the team.

To be honest ( most of y'all might not agree ) I don't think D.LO was player Markinson had in a big picture. We got D.LO in a salary dump just like few others. Since Marks took over he said as much that they willing to get as muck talent as they could, D.LO was perfect example after they struck out on RFA. I don't think D.LO was a PG they were planing to build around from the get go. I know it's all speculations at this point but my guess is that Marks knew he could get multiple max FA a year before D.LO became an All Starr. Kenny said as much, he couldn't see last year's Nets team make a playoffs. I think we should not sleep on Porzingis is my bet.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#511 » by Prokorov » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 am

GTR11 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

To be honest ( most of y'all might not agree ) I don't think D.LO was player Markinson had in a big picture. We got D.LO in a salary dump just like few others. Since Marks took over he said as much that they willing to get as muck talent as they could, D.LO was perfect example after they struck out on RFA. I don't think D.LO was a PG they were planing to build around from the get go. I know it's all speculations at this point but my guess is that Marks knew he could get multiple max FA a year before D.LO became an All Starr. Kenny said as much, he couldn't see last year's Nets team make a playoffs. I think we should not sleep on Porzingis is my bet.

this is so far from reality im not sure where to start. Dlo wasnt a salary dump, they targeted him. they called him th uture of the franchise.

if they dont get KD/AD/Kawhi and Russell isnt back im going to ether marks so bad it will make the crabbe deal response look like praise
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#512 » by moonpie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:25 am

Read on Twitter
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#513 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:39 am

GTR11 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

I disagree.

DLo was definitely targeted. Yes, we got him in a salary dump, but Marks had been doing research on DLo back when Marks was with the Spurs and DLo was still a college prospect. At least that's what Marks said during DLo's introductory press conference (iirc).

I'm not even as high on DLo as many others are, but at the very least you have to look at him as a valuable asset. We have the space to simply add Kyrie to the team and not lose Russell as an asset. The only reason why Marks should willingly let Russell walk is if he has assurances that he will be getting a player who's much better than DLo to replace him. Remember, Marks said that we're still in talent acquisition mode even after last season. There is no reason or justification for freely giving away an asset.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#514 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 am

I think Kyrie was succesful in recruting KD to the Nets. All signs in the media pointing to this.

It is a good gesture by your FO to inform D-Lo of the “possibility” of not re-signing him.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#515 » by GTR11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:15 pm

You guys can disagree with me but I'm convinced that Nets FO didn't plan this. Yes they most likely did their work on D.LO and other top lottery picks that could be dumped... well we got lucky. However I'm still not convinced that D.LO in a future plans.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#516 » by Born_Ready » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:03 pm

At this point everything we are hearing/seeing is speculative. The way I see it is the Nets wouldn't be where they are and a destination if it wasn't for the development and still on going maturation of D'Angelo.

The Nets would be foolish to throw it all away for a player such as Kyrie that doesn't seem to fit the chemistry of teams he has been on. The Nets brotherhood is strong and any type of distraction or disruption can send them back to the starting line all over again.

They should remain efficient with what has brought them back to relevancy. Making D'Angelo Russell feel unwanted in any way goes against the team code in my opinion. Keeping Russell should be a top priority. It was and is his team, so continue to build on that. Bringing in someone like Kyrie that might clash with the culture isn't worth it. If the nets indeed want to pair Russell and Irving, they better be up front and inform Kyrie there is zero tolerance for temper tantrums and all about me attitude if he intends to sign there.

I do like the notion of them playing together, but everyone has to embrace it. Kyrie the player is incredibly talented and would catapult the young Nets to top tier of the Eastern conference conversation, but selfish Kyrie would cause more harm than good.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch how it all unfolds. This offseason will be a defining moment for this franchise. Whatever they do, it better be right, or it can all go sideways in a hurry.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#517 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Please stop with the Russell s&t scenarios :(

i don't want to be a dick but they're aggravating to read. People just think Russell is going to agree to any old thing to help the Nets, like WTF?

Either the Nets resign him over the cap after we finish getting two max slots in here, or he's gone. there are no sign and trades.

Hold on just a minute, I might have a scenario where we can pull this S&T off, here me out. Since DLo is a RFA which means we can match any offer made, I'm pretty sure most of the teams around the league knows that we will not lose DLO for nothing despite what this loser Begley said, so they pretty much know where going to match any offer he gets.

So let's say a team like Orlando REALLY wants him and the feeling is mutual with DLO. The Magics should know that we are going to match, so what if they hit us up first and be like "hey we know you're going to match DLo's offer but what if we S&T with you instead since he says he would love to be here in Orlando" because we already signed Kyrie. So they offer us Aaron Gordon and whatever else for us to S&T DLo to them. I'm pretty sure this is allowed to do, if the feeling is all mutual with all parties than why not? I wouldn't give up DLo for 95% of the league but I think Aaron Gordon for him is a win win for both squads. Just a thought.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#518 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Please stop with the Russell s&t scenarios :(

i don't want to be a dick but they're aggravating to read. People just think Russell is going to agree to any old thing to help the Nets, like WTF?

Either the Nets resign him over the cap after we finish getting two max slots in here, or he's gone. there are no sign and trades.

Hold on just a minute, I might have a scenario where we can pull this S&T off, here me out. Since DLo is a RFA which means we can match any offer made, I'm pretty sure most of the teams around the league knows that we will not lose DLO for nothing despite what this loser Begley said, so they pretty much know where going to match any offer he gets.

So let's say a team like Orlando REALLY wants him and the feeling is mutual with DLO. The Magics should know that we are going to match, so what if they hit us up first and be like "hey we know you're going to match DLo's offer but what if we S&T with you instead since he says he would love to be here in Orlando" because we already signed Kyrie. So they offer us Aaron Gordon and whatever else for us to S&T DLo to them. I'm pretty sure this is allowed to do, if the feeling is all mutual with all parties than why not? I wouldn't give up DLo for 95% of the league but I think Aaron Gordon for him is a win win for both squads. Just a thought.

The entire plan hinges on whether the feeling is mutual for all parties, although the only party that really matters is DLo. If he doesn't want to go to ORL or any team that we would supposedly want to S&T him too, the plan is dead.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#519 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:12 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The entire plan hinges on whether the feeling is mutual for all parties, although the only party that really matters is DLo. If he doesn't want to go to ORL or any team that we would supposedly want to S&T him too, the plan is dead.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I already understand that part which is why i said if the feeling is mutual with all parties. But even if not Orlando , who else can afford DLo that he would actually want to play for. Utah? Phoenix? Clippers? I just said Orlando because I can see them going after him and I would love Gordon here but I'm not sure if DLo wants to be there.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#520 » by SpeedyG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 pm

The problem with s&t is no player wants to go somewhere to weaken the team they are joining. Before, it was done to get the player that fifth year. So both player and signing team agrees to throw a future 1st rounder to make that happen.

I do think it is possible if the bidding war really goes up...

We can basically reach out to a team like Phoenix or Orlando (assuming Russell is open to going to those teams) and say "listen, any offer you give him, we will match. So give us a good enough offer and we can do sign and trade"

It's risky and requires special circumstance. and that team can basically call our bluff and give him an offer anyway. At that point, if he signs it, either we match or we don't...no more trading.

The team, IMO, that we can leverage is Minny. They want to pair him with Kat but can't afford to sign him outright. Problem is aside from him, their assets are trash so matching salaries means taking on contracts we don't want.

So yeah, it's possible...but not likely.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Return to Brooklyn Nets