Gasol Brothers First brothers with NBA CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS!

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,008

Re: Gasol Brothers First brothers with NBA CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS! 

Post#21 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:30 pm

Thought it was weird during the broadcast where they said independently. Were there ever brothers on a Championship team together? Seems no based on the responses so far.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#22 » by RyderMike » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Crives wrote:Lavar Ball crying somewhere

Liangelo and LaMelo both have a JBA title.

At least there's that :lol:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,668

Post#23 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm

TheHartBreakKid wrote:jokes aside unless I'm really blanking out, I can't think of a pair of brothers who were better than Pau and Marc basketball wise, so it's great that they get this feat and not a pair of role players (The Barrys) or scrubs (Sterling and Shannon Brown) or a one sided pair like the Currys.

Congrats to the Gasols!

Yep definitely the best brothers when you look at how good the worse brother is.

Harpers (Derek and Ron) were both solid players and were I think the closest before this to both winning. Ron got titles with the Bulls and Derek was on the Knicks team that lost to Dream and the Rockets right before that.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,067

Post#24 » by Sgt Major » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 pm

I hate all Spanish athletes and drivers with passion, because most of them are whiny cheating bastards, but kudos to Gasol brothers.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
minami
Senior
And1: 514

Post#25 » by minami » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Sgt Major wrote:I hate all Spanish athletes and drivers with passion, because most of them are whiny cheating bastards, but kudos to Gasol brothers.

Are you a serbian jealous of Spain´s international success by any chance? :lol:
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#26 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:03 pm

I'm happy for Marc Gasol. He's a good dude.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Sgt Major
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Sgt Major » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:42 pm

minami wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:I hate all Spanish athletes and drivers with passion, because most of them are whiny cheating bastards, but kudos to Gasol brothers.

Lol, "jealous". Why would I be? Spanish national team stil has a long way to go to reach what Serbs did in the long history of the sport. And I only hate scum like Rudy Fernandez and Felipe Reyes when it comes to Spanish basketball, not everyone, like in football.

Rudy is a bigger bastard then Busquets, tho, and that's one hell of an achievement. Probably the worst piece of **** in basketball, along with Guy Pnini.
minami
Senior
And1: 514

Post#28 » by minami » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:10 am

Sgt Major wrote:
minami wrote:

Lol, "jealous". Why would I be? Spanish national team stil has a long way to go to reach what Serbs did in the long history of the sport. And I only hate scum like Rudy Fernandez and Felipe Reyes when it comes to Spanish basketball, not everyone, like in football.

Rudy is a bigger bastard then Busquets, tho, and that's one hell of an achievement. Probably the worst piece of **** in basketball, along with Guy Pnini.

I am not even getting into it because you are frankly pathetic, and the worst ambassador to the great tradition of Serbian basketball i can think of. Get out from here you loser, we are talking rings and nobody is asking for your hate.
Sgt Major
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Sgt Major » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:00 am

lol
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#30 » by Gooner » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:05 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
syrus3 wrote:The coach killer got one...

Marc Gasol is a coach killer? The guy is a pretty high bbiq guy

He killed Fizdale, that's what he is referring to.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Re: Gasol Brothers only bro's with rings? 

Post#31 » by JN61 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:08 am

Archerbro wrote:im just really happy to see gasol get one. he was always so beastly in the west with Zbo.

also happy to see Ibaka get one after OKC **** him when they traded him to orlando. the irony being they screwed their roster by going with ibaka over harden (to only trade ibaka later). i.e. they're cheap

Well that trade ultimately in the end led to George. Let's not get carried away. It's business and sometimes teams need to move on, I love what he brought to the table and he's the reason I have been rooting for raptors.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Post#32 » by spacemonkey » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
TheHartBreakKid wrote:jokes aside unless I'm really blanking out, I can't think of a pair of brothers who were better than Pau and Marc basketball wise, so it's great that they get this feat and not a pair of role players (The Barrys) or scrubs (Sterling and Shannon Brown) or a one sided pair like the Currys.

Congrats to the Gasols!

Yep definitely the best brothers when you look at how good the worse brother is.

Harpers (Derek and Ron) were both solid players and were I think the closest before this to both winning. Ron got titles with the Bulls and Derek was on the Knicks team that lost to Dream and the Rockets right before that.

Think we got to mention Horace and Harvey.
perik777
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#33 » by perik777 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:31 am

Sgt Major wrote:
minami wrote:

Yes, because divac did not invent the flop and petrovic one of the most provocative players while in europe
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#34 » by kobyz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 am

Texas Chuck wrote:

Congrats to the Gasols!

Ron and Derek are not even relative
D3ko
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#35 » by D3ko » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 am

Sgt Major wrote:
minami wrote:

Let´s go!

Lol , what about if you look into your country, and look for champions somewhere!
Spain in the last 15 years

Football;
World champion x1
European Champion x3
Champions League x 9
Uefa league x 8

Basketball :
World champions x 1
European champions x 3
Silver in the Olympic Games x 2
Nba players with rings: 3
Euroleague x 4

Handball
World champions x 3
European champions x 1
Bronze Olympic games x 2
Euroleague champion x 7

Tennis
RAFAEL NADAL X 18 GRAM SLAM
DAVIS CUP WINNER X 5
OLYMPICS GOLD MEDAL X 3

Motorbikes
MOTO GP CHAMPIONS X 8
RALLY DAKAR WINNER X 6

Cars
F1 CHAMPION X 2
RALLY DAKAR WINNER X 4

Listen !! if you want to criticize spain you should look for the politicians, they suck, as much as anyone else!

But in sports Spain is much better than no other country than USA
Sgt Major
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Sgt Major » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Dude no one's talking about trophies, my point is that Spanish athletes act like crybabies all the time. Look at Spanish football national team, aforementioned Rudy Fernandez, Real Madrid FC and Barcelona FC, guys like Ramos and Busquets, even Fernando Alonso was an annoying little prick back in the day.

Oh, I almost forgot that little bastard in Moto GP, Marc Marquez.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,894

Post#37 » by Dirk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Sgt Major wrote:Dude no one's talking about trophies, my point is that Spanish athletes act like crybabies all the time. Look at Spanish football national team, aforementioned Rudy Fernandez, Real Madrid FC and Barcelona FC, guys like Ramos and Busquets, even Fernando Alonso was an annoying little prick back in the day.

This is not the topic to talk about "Spanish scum", "bastards" etc. If you wanted to trash talk Spanish athletes, at least pick words that do not come off as as badly as some of the ones you used in these posts.

Pau Gasol is a Spanish legend. I can't really recall any time that he was disliked over anything and if he was, it's completely forgotten. Marc Gasol is not a legend, but he's a great story. The throw in back in the infamous Lakers trade. The two put together, it's just surreal. A pair of brothers... that big, that good at basketball and that smart.
60/21/10
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#38 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Sgt Major wrote:Dude no one's talking about trophies, my point is that Spanish athletes act like crybabies all the time. Look at Spanish football national team, aforementioned Rudy Fernandez, Real Madrid FC and Barcelona FC, guys like Ramos and Busquets, even Fernando Alonso was an annoying little prick back in the day.

You can find annoying athletes for any country
Martensitic
Junior
And1: 313

Post#39 » by Martensitic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:05 pm

You're acting like a crybaby. Please, do yourself a favour and grow up.
Salieri
Analyst
And1: 7,440

Post#40 » by Salieri » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Paraphrasing your signature:

You know, sometimes Serbian people have class. Then there's you.

Return to The General Board