Hornets Draft Plans

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Re: Hornets Draft Plans 

Post#21 » by j-ragg » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:20 pm

thegoat89 wrote:
ballbrah wrote:A drastic shake up is needed

That's a panic move. That won't benefit Hornets short or long term. That's how bad trades happen.

As opposed to the plan of... getting the 11th-13th pick every year? I think most non-Charlotte fans think Charlotte needs to tear it down or go for it.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#22 » by Goudelock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:41 pm

thegoat89 wrote:See what I wrote about your previous post.

I'm quoting you so you'll see what I wrote.

[b]If you're going to ask for us to subscribe to your channel, then you need to:

1: feature one of your videos.

2: write a long-ass essay about said video in your post.

3: because shamelessly asking people to subscribe to your channel for no reason is not allowed. Now, if you want to put a link to your channel in your signature, then more power to you.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#23 » by Zion Wembanyama » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:09 pm

(First off, don't sign Kemba to the supermax.)

Take one of Brandon Clarke, Sekou Doumbouya, Rui Hachimura or Tyler Herro with the 12th pick. Or trade down and take Kevin Porter Jr. and Jontay Porter or Jordan Nwora.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#24 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:11 pm

thegoat89 wrote:
God Squad wrote:I really want Charlotte to nail this pick. They've had such terrible asset management. They need change in the worst way.

I would trade that pick to attach it with Marvin Williams and include the 36th pick in the deal for a guy like Clint Capela.

Why would Houston do that? They’re trying to get better so they can win the title.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#25 » by God Squad » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Honestly Charlotte should and would be better if they had even modest success in the draft the past 6 years. But as of now all of their assets are terrible. Aside from maybe Jeremy lamb who somewhat finally established himself as an NBA player.
NoBias
Sixth Man
And1: 2,169

Post#26 » by NoBias » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Is there any white seven footers?
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#27 » by Lwcasu » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:03 pm

God Squad wrote:Honestly Charlotte should and would be better if they had even modest success in the draft the past 6 years. But as of now all of their assets are terrible. Aside from maybe Jeremy lamb who somewhat finally established himself as an NBA player.

He's a FA now, so no longer an asset and Charlottes not going to bring him back. I’d say Charlottes real assets are Kemba (I’m assuming he’s a lock to resign), Bridges, the draft picks. I’m not sure anyone else besides Bacon and Graham has positive value. Maybe Monk. Next season a lot of the negative contracts become positive as expiring contracts.

Take the BPA, Brandon Clarke, PJ Washington, Bol Bol and/or make a trade to acquire someone like Hayward or Love. If Charlottes loses Kemba I think there may be legitimate concern that The Hornets may be moved to another city. Treadmill is better than a repeat of 2010-2013. Not every team is going to win a championship.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#28 » by Zion Wembanyama » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:12 pm

God Squad wrote:Honestly Charlotte should and would be better if they had even modest success in the draft the past 6 years. But as of now all of their assets are terrible. Aside from maybe Jeremy lamb who somewhat finally established himself as an NBA player.

I don't even count Lamb because he's a FA and can walk. As my hometown team, I'd love to see what Charlotte could've become with a competent front office from 2004 till now.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Post#29 » by LofJ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Super Powered wrote:

I don't even count Lamb because he's a FA and can walk. As my hometown team, I'd love to see what Charlotte could've become with a competent front office from 2004 till now.

A little luck would have gone a long way, unike other cities (cough Cleveland and New Orleans) Charlotte hasn't had much of it.
thegoat89
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#30 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:You can never have enough wings. I'd probably take the gamble on Nassir Little. There will be safer picks at 12, but I'd be willing to take the risk with Little. Fantastic shot with a workable jumper.

I love Nassir Little. I think he will be the next Kawhi Leonard. However, I have to ask you about how Nassir Little would fit into the rotation for the Hornets.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#31 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Somebody from UNC or the Big Ten. :rolleyes:
Only if the pick ends up being either Bol Bol or Nassir Little.

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#32 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Trade their pick to unload Batum's contract for an expiring deal.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#33 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm

pootbrah wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:
LofJ wrote:They should take a risk and draft the player who has the best chance to actually be a difference maker. If the team stays at 12 I think that guy is Romeo Langford.

I think Hornets should get Bol Bol at 12. Has future star potential while filling in a need at center for the Hornets.

Every team after pick #1 should draft him IMO. So we'll see if he drops that far.
You would really pick Bol Bol over Ja Morant?

thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#34 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:Hope and pray Zion falls.

Totally kidding. With how meh they've drafted I wouldn't be opposed to using it in a trade to get the best player on the market.
Agreed. That's what I would do personally if I were the Hornets.

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#35 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:03 pm

thegoat89 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:You can never have enough wings. I'd probably take the gamble on Nassir Little. There will be safer picks at 12, but I'd be willing to take the risk with Little. Fantastic shot with a workable jumper.

I love Nassir Little. I think he will be the next Kawhi Leonard. However, I have to ask you about how Nassir Little would fit into the rotation for the Hornets.

I get that the Hornets are pretty stacked when it comes to wings with Batum, Bridges, MKG and Marvin. But two of those guys are entering their last year (MKG, Marvin). So I wouldn't plan on them being there long term.

I also get Bridges and Little may seem like 2 similar players. But I'd be willing to take the shot on hoping both their jumpers come along. Two really strong and super athletic 3/4 wings that could shoot and defend is a hell of a combination.

So even with the crowded wing rotation, those two would be thy two I would focus on keeping around. If Jaxson Hayes is still there, he would make sense as well. Trading the pick to unload a contract like Baum makes sense as well.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#36 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:

I get that the Hornets are pretty stacked when it comes to wings with Batum, Bridges, MKG and Marvin. But two of those guys are entering their last year (MKG, Marvin). So I wouldn't plan on them being their long term.

I also get Bridges and Little may seem like 2 similar players. But I'd be willing to take the shot on hoping both their jumpers come along. Two really strong and super athletic 3/4 wings that could shoot and defend is a hell of a combination.

So even with the crowded wing rotation, those two would be thy two I would focus on keeping around. If Jaxson Hayes is still there, he would make sense as well. Trading the pick to unload a contract like Baum makes sense as well.

I want to see Portland do an all-in trade for Davis with Charlotte as the 3rd team doing this very thing...

Portland Out:
McCollum
Turner
Collins
Harkless
#25 Pick
2021 FRP (Top 5 protected)
2022 FRP Swap Option (Top 3 protected)

Portland In:
Davis
Hill
Batum

Charlotte Out:
Batum
#12 Pick

Charlotte In:
Turner

New Orleans Out:
Davis
Hill

New Orleans In:
McCollum
Harkless
Collins
#12 Pick
#25 Pick
POR 2021 FRP (Top 5 protected)
POR 2022 FRP Swap Option (Top 3 protected)
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#37 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:21 pm

baldur wrote:They will be picking a center most likely. Bitadze, bol bol or Hayes.
I hope the Hornets do not pick Goga Bitadze or Jaxson Hayes. Bol Bol would be a good pick to use if Hornets do not trade 12th pick.

thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#38 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:24 pm

moistnessfiscal wrote:Draft guys with high upside, could trade up for Reddish if the price is right or stay put for someone like a Little or Washington who are athletic wings who have relative capable scoring abilities. If you don't see value in the position then try and trade down for two firsts. Also, re-sign Walker to a contract that still sees positive trade value, if not don't risk it.
I would not trade up dor Cam Reddish. Overhyped player and probably cost Hornets a future 1st rounder. As for Nassir Little or P.J. Washington, that is not a bad choice to roll with. In fact, I would like either of those two to come to the Hornets. Two firsts to have could be interesting to think about, but the best course with this would be to trade the 12th pick for a borderline star. As for Kemba, get him for less than the max if he does not mind that offer.

thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#39 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:26 pm

j-ragg wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:
ballbrah wrote:A drastic shake up is needed

That's a panic move. That won't benefit Hornets short or long term. That's how bad trades happen.

As opposed to the plan of... getting the 11th-13th pick every year? I think most non-Charlotte fans think Charlotte needs to tear it down or go for it.
Well, I wouldn't rebuild. I would attach that pick with an expiring contract in return for a very good player with some upside, like Clint Capela.

thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#40 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Super Powered wrote:(First off, don't sign Kemba to the supermax.)

Take one of Brandon Clarke, Sekou Doumbouya, Rui Hachimura or Tyler Herro with the 12th pick. Or trade down and take Kevin Porter Jr. and Jontay Porter or Jordan Nwora.

I don't like any of those options that you just listed other than maybe trading down for Kevin Porter Jr.

Return to The General Board