Welcome Mike Scott

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Re: Welcome Mike Scott 

Post#21 » by sixers hoops » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:11 pm

youngcrev wrote:I was a big fan of the office, but The Threegional Manager is the dumbest nickname I've ever heard in my life. Feels like something that was clever in the moment, but how the hell did that stick?

Anyway... Glad he's making shots now.

It’s pretty funny, although I almost think simply “the regional manager” is funnier. Don’t even put the basketball twist on it would be more Michael Scott.

I agree, it’s not ultimately very clever, but for some reason I like it.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#22 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:45 pm

Heidi4Ben wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Heidi4Ben wrote:i'm going to start making 3-pointers just so i can be called that, its my favorite nickname ever :onfire:

That makes me think you don't even get the reference

Mike Scott makes three-pointers so he's The Threegional Manager :naaa:

Nope
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#23 » by Winejk » Wed Mar 6, 2019 7:25 am

Mike Scott is looking like a nice addition. He's more or less taken the same spot as Ersan Ilyasova -stretch 4 and small ball 5. He brings a certain attitude to the team. He does make some mistakes, but hopefully we can chalk it up to being on a new team with new teammates. Our bench isn't looking so weak, especially if we can get Boban back.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#24 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Mar 6, 2019 7:59 pm

Mike Scott has stepped things up recently. Definitely a good thing.
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#25 » by KramerDSP » Wed Mar 6, 2019 8:54 pm

Given how angry he gets at himself when he makes a mistake, I feel like "Dobby" might be a good nickname for Mike Scott.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
FlyingArrow
Starter

Post#26 » by FlyingArrow » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:38 pm

What do you think he'll command as a free agent? We have non-Bird rights for him, which lets us give him only a slight raise over what he's making now: a little over $5m for next year. If he's good enough to command a lot more than that, we will be easily outbid by teams with cap space.
FlyingArrow
Starter

Post#27 » by FlyingArrow » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:37 pm

FlyingArrow wrote:What do you think he'll command as a free agent? We have non-Bird rights for him, which lets us give him only a slight raise over what he's making now: a little over $5m for next year. If he's good enough to command a lot more than that, we will be easily outbid by teams with cap space.

Any thoughts on what he'll sign for? I don't think he did so well that his price will be more than we can afford to give him. It's more a question of whether we would want to beat his other offers. I think he's worth up to $3M for sure. At $4.5 or $5M, it's more of a debate but that's my guess about where he'll land. Assuming we give Jimmy and Tobias the max, if we want to use the MLE and BAE we will be on a very tight budget to stay under the hard cap.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#28 » by PhilasFinest » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Only way im bringing him back is if its :
1.cheap or
2. we cant get a replacement and overpaying him for 1 year while being over the cap is the best option available.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
FlyingArrow
Starter

Post#29 » by FlyingArrow » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:56 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:Only way im bringing him back is if its :
1.cheap or
2. we cant get a replacement and overpaying him for 1 year while being over the cap is the best option available.

What is "cheap" to you? We are going to definitely have minimum salary players on our roster. Is he worth a minimum slot? If more, how much above the minimum?

In terms of a replacement - we don't really have a way to replace him (beyond a minimum salary vet or 2nd round pick) and also fill all the existing holes we need to fill.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 725

Post#30 » by Lou_23 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Terrible
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,798

Post#31 » by Negrodamus » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:43 pm

Isn't that part of the Eagles experience?
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#32 » by LloydFree » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:59 pm

So let me guess. Some drunken fool decided it was his right to attack Mike Scott for wearing a Redskins jersey to the game. Some things never change.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#33 » by Sixersftw » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:02 pm

LloydFree wrote:So let me guess. Some drunken fool decided it was his right to attack Mike Scott for wearing a Redskins jersey to the game. Some things never change.

Eagles fans can be the absolute worst.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#34 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 9, 2019 12:38 am

Just cut Mike Scott.

He's a doofus and he's actually a pretty bad player.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#35 » by NYSixersFan » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:54 am

Didn't realize Scott was a Skins fan....Sign him up to a lifetime contract!
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#36 » by agiaco » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:50 am

Kobblehead wrote:Just cut Mike Scott.

He's a doofus and he's actually a pretty bad player.

Nah Mike Scott is the man.
notericjr
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#37 » by notericjr » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:03 am

eagles fans :banghead:
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#38 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:21 am

Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
joelabec
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#39 » by joelabec » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:40 pm

If you want to ingratiate yourself to Philly fans, the last thing you do is pimp your Redskins stuff at an Eagles home game and start posting stuff on some daring stuff on social media. He opened himself up to it and was asking for it there. Iverson is a Cowboys fan, but he doesn't act a fool in Philly about it. Starting to think this pedestrian player is better than he thinks he is. No other fan base even cared about him. Should have known better. And as a pro athlete you don't respond to drunks. Showed lack of discipline here. Not a fan!
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,798

Post#40 » by Negrodamus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:52 pm

joelabec wrote:If you want to ingratiate yourself to Philly fans, the last thing you do is pimp your Redskins stuff at an Eagles home game and start posting stuff on some daring stuff on social media. He opened himself up to it and was asking for it there. Iverson is a Cowboys fan, but he doesn't act a fool in Philly about it. Starting to think this pedestrian player is better than he thinks he is. No other fan base even cared about him. Should have known better. And as a pro athlete you don't respond to drunks. Showed lack of discipline here. Not a fan!

Maybe just let people be fans of whoever they want and don't antagonize others.

Though some fans in the area initially engaged in the sort of accepted hostility you expect between division rivals — “F*ck the Redskins!” and “F*ck you!” were among the insults directed his way — witnesses say tailgaters who escalated the situation directed racial slurs, specifically the n-word, in Scott’s direction in the area by the coffin.

It's a game, people.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers